PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official When Will Glass Maroney Score a TD Thread. Post guesses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"glass" maroney? Do you say the same thing about Seymour?

I admit he's no Joseph Addai but he'll be stud for us for a few years.

NSA you said that he wouldn't start of about half the teams in the NFL and that he was not worth a first round pick. If that is so true why is that both the Denver Broncos and the Indy Colts wanted to draft him. As for your man love for McFadden he is only a junior which means he might not come out and after watching him a few times this year he is highly over rated because of what he did last year. The manlove also that proves to a lot of us that you are not a true pats fan because if you were you would know that they (BB and SP) never spend a draft pick that high they don't theink it typically worth the money thay cost. Now if you are finished calling a player that has had all of a year and half in the league "glass" and what to debate all of him merits in an intellegent way then almost all of the people here will gladly help you.

What the hell does that mean? Last time I checked teams wanted to draft Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Ki-Jana Carter, Alex Smith, Eugene Chung, Cedric Benson, and COUNTLESS other 1st rd dissapointments. Just because teams wanted to draft this guy 2 years ago doesn't mean they would still want him now. The fact of the matter is this guy would NOT start for at least a dozen teams in this league. Anyone who argues that statement is a homer. Again, I'm not sure why so many of you have your panties in a bunch. All I am saying is I want to see more from a guy we drafted #22 in the draft. He doesn't suck. I never said that. All I said was the guy has been a dissapointment thus far and is much closer to MEDIOCRE than ELITE. Period.

Last edited:
Also, isn't BB the same guy that drafted Tommy "Touchdown" Vardell with a top 10 pick when he was in Cleveland? So, please, spare me the Maroney must be great because BB used a 1st Rd pick on him.

Last edited:
Also, isn't BB the same guy that drafted Tommy "Touchdown" Vardell with a top 10 pick when he was in Cleveland? So, please, spare me the Maroney must be great because BB used a 1st Rd pick on him.

and apparently he sucks because of Tommy Vardell

you're a putz

you're a putz

Awww, did I upset you because I said BB actually, oh wait, OMG, actually.......uhhhh.......OMG.............uhhhhh............made a muhmuhmuhstake!!! Good grief. Yes, people, even the great Bill Belichick has made bad 1st rd draft picks in the past. Man, do you people realize that it is ok to be a diehard fan and still question some things that they do? Wow.

Awww, did I upset you because I said BB actually, oh wait, OMG, actually.......uhhhh.......OMG.............uhhhhh............made a muhmuhmuhstake!!! Good grief. Yes, people, even the great Bill Belichick has made bad 1st rd draft picks in the past. Man, do you people realize that it is ok to be a diehard fan and still question some things that they do? Wow.

you seriously are screwed in the head

Belichick is perhaps the greatest head coaching tactician in league history. that can likely be extended to all organized sports in modern history. he makes mistakes, and he makes successful decisions. but there is no way in hell that i am going to conclude that he made a mistake based upon the comments of a douchebag like you. all you do is criticize and demean anyone that might have a touch of objectivity--something that you sorely lack. your schtick is getting as old as your angst. if you are indeed a fan of the patriots, i strongly request that you find a different team to support, as you are clearly incapable of enjoying the success that the franchise is experiencing.

Last edited:
Someone's very first post:

Seriously, what more do BB and Pioli have to do in order to convince people that they know what they are doing. Do they make the right decision every time? No. Nobody does. However, they know how to run a franchise better than anyone else in this league. I mean, what exactlly are some of you crying about? We lost a great patriot but aging OLB in McGinest that got 6 mil guaranteed. We lost a TE that would be the 3rd TE on this team in Fauria. We lost a good but not great special teams player in Chatham. We lost a solid #2 receiver in Givens that we would have had to pay #1 money to keep. We lost a great patriot and HOF kicker in Vinatieri, but also an aging kicker with back issue that we would have had to pay 3 mil plus a year for. What do ALL these players have in common? They are all getting paid more $$$ than they are worth to OUR team and they are ALL replaceable. When we lose the Brady's, Light's, and Seymour's of this world(aka players in their primes playing in premium hard to replace postions of QB, LT, DT), than I'll panick. Until then, I'll sit back and relax. We are going to get good, young players in this draft and we will get good players in free agency without overspending for them. The sky is not falling people. Do any of you remember the name of the kickers on the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, or 90's Cowboys? Vinatieri was great, but we are in trouble if we think we can't replace a kicker. I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe we won't be right in the hunt for another super bowl title this season with a roster that is younger and stocked to be in the hunt for years to come.

IN BILL I TRUST.

Mike

Sadly, he doesn't seem to know how to take his own words to heart. And all his whining is regarding an undefeated team.

Last edited:
This will be an unpopular thread. Undoubtedly it will evoke, "He's a Colts fan" responses from people who have weakened minds, and are unwilling to speak to the point of the issue.

Well, I'll speak to the issue because it is an issue. Laurence can't find the end zone yet. Last year we got 13 TDs out of aging relic named Corey, and with our stud out there for a half dozen or so games this year, nothing. I can imagine 1-2 TDs by the end of the year, maybe 3-4.

That definitely is not a stud in the red zone who bulls his way past arm tackles and pushes guys backward across the goal line. Maybe we never expected that from him? Maybe he's just the cut-back, scat-back type and never was expected to score a lot on tough runs between the tackles in short yardage situations?

Well, why did we pick him up at such a cost then? Why would you pay that kind of money for, basically, a Kevin Faulk Lite?

Having said all of those blasphemous things, I still don't think Laurence has been given the time to show us what he can do. I think that with young players who have sustained injury, it's too easy to roll over on them and conclude that they are never going to pan out. I think it's too soon in his case. Now that Sammy is out there really isn't any excuse for Laurence not to post some numbers going forward, especially TDs. I'm willing to wait and see. Why not? He has athletic ability, and now he has supposedly gotten his timing and rhythm back. Time to bring it. I'll wait and see.

No, you said that. All the OP said was that Bill has made mistakes, so don't try to invoke the Bill Rule. That's all he said. You escalated that to the level of "...because of Tommy Vardell."

That is pretty lame. You can't speak to the issues so you escalate a simple-to-comprehend statement to the next level that doesn't even exist. You remind me of either a politician or a Fox News suckup to politicians. Just because you're doing it as a member of Patriots Nation doesn't make it any different. What do you think - that being a Pats fan allows you to be weak-minded and get away with it? Weak-mindedness is what it is. It is what its record says it is: Losing.

This will be an unpopular thread. Undoubtedly it will evoke, "He's a Colts fan" responses from people who have weakened minds, and are unwilling to speak to the point of the issue.

Well, I'll speak to the issue because it is an issue. Laurence can't find the end zone yet. Last year we got 13 TDs out of aging relic named Corey, and with our stud out there for a half dozen or so games this year, nothing. I can imagine 1-2 TDs by the end of the year, maybe 3-4.

That definitely is not a stud in the red zone who bulls his way past arm tackles and pushes guys backward across the goal line. Maybe we never expected that from him? Maybe he's just the cut-back, scat-back type and never was expected to score a lot on tough runs between the tackles in short yardage situations?

Well, why did we pick him up at such a cost then? Why would you pay that kind of money for, basically, a Kevin Faulk Lite?

Having said all of those blasphemous things, I still don't think Laurence has been given the time to show us what he can do. I think that with young players who have sustained injury, it's too easy to roll over on them and conclude that they are never going to pan out. I think it's too soon in his case. Now that Sammy is out there really isn't any excuse for Laurence not to post some numbers going forward, especially TDs. I'm willing to wait and see. Why not? He has athletic ability, and now he has supposedly gotten his timing and rhythm back. Time to bring it. I'll wait and see.

man...did you read through the thread? Nobody is disputing that he has a long way to go to stay healthy. the bulk of the disagreement is over calling him a failure because he hasn't been scoring. The 9-0 NEP lead the league in scoring and in TDs. Maroney isn't even getting the ball in goalline scenarios. How can the guy be a failure when he isn't even being put in a position to succeed or fail? Nobody is crowning him for Canton, but calling him out for the wrong reasons as a failure is hogwash.

No, you said that. All the OP said was that Bill has made mistakes, so don't try to invoke the Bill Rule. That's all he said. You escalated that to the level of "...because of Tommy Vardell."

That is pretty lame. You can't speak to the issues so you escalate a simple-to-comprehend statement to the next level that doesn't even exist. You remind me of either a politician or a Fox News suckup to politicians. Just because you're doing it as a member of Patriots Nation doesn't make it any different. What do you think - that being a Pats fan allows you to be weak-minded and get away with it? Weak-mindedness is what it is. It is what its record says it is: Losing.

It sounds like you havent read very far back in this thread. Most of the fans in here have kept it clean. And that benign little Tommy Vardell comment was obviously some fairly relaxed sarcasm on about the level of a pillow fight. Dont start with the weak-minded stuff, man. This thread has been ridiculous enough as it is.

listen--don't come into the 300th post from 3+ threads and start line item criticizing me. the 'OP' has a point that he delivers with anger and vitriol to the point of undermining his credibility as a Patriots fan. the 'OP' that you are seemingly looking to defend has also contradicted himself on a number of occasions. is this the company that you wish to keep??

I personally don't think Maroney is that good as some say in here but I don't put a whining post about it because we are 9-0 and winning - If we were losing then its a different ballgame.

What Maroney is doing or does is irrelevant at this point,Until the air show faulters,then he must step up to the plate and deliver.

We can be a mostly 1 dimentional team and still win the SB,This offense is that good.

I agree 100%

I am not going to argue that he wouldn't start for a dozen teams in the league. But most of those teams already have established RB. Like i said before most people here will gladly debate with you as long as you don't call the player "glass" and everyone that disagrees with you a "homer".

so what do you expect out of a 22nd pick?

if you can speak it intellegently and without attacking or sounding trollish I will gladly debate it with you

I am not going to argue that he wouldn't start for a dozen teams in the league. But most of those teams already have established RB. Like i said before most people here will gladly debate with you as long as you don't call the player "glass" and everyone that disagrees with you a "homer".

so what do you expect out of a 22nd pick?

if you can speak it intellegently and without attacking or sounding trollish I will gladly debate it with you

Yea I mean he was only the 22nd player taken in the entire draft. Man oh man.

Well, 13th in the NFL wouldn't be so bad (as in the comment that he couldn't start for a dozen teams.) 13 backs have been selected with higher choices in the last seven years alone. Getting the 13th best back is about in line with his draft position.

Of course, this is stupid to judge him by this, but if you insist.

no i ask legitatmetly what his expections were because everyone has different one out of each player and as such everyone judges them diffrently so NSA i mean Danny whay are YOUR expections

I'll speak to the issue because it is an issue. Laurence can't find the end zone yet.

How many chances inside the 5 has he been given, though? Corey they had no problem RAMMING INTO THE LINE over and over - he was old, a little bigger, not very useful for anything else (especially LAST year).

Have there been times when LoMar got the ball at the 5 and didn't get into the EZ? Sure. Have there been times when, after getting close, he has been left in there to ram it in again, as they did with Dillon? NOPE. Every time - and there haven't been that many to begin with - LoMar gets a shot, gets it to the one or two, and they say, F this, and either bring in Heath Evans and/or THROW THE BALL.

So this line that he "can't" find the end zone is ridiculously misleading, IMO.

Last edited:
Someone's very first post:

Sadly, he doesn't seem to know how to take his own words to heart. And all his whining is regarding an undefeated team.

Umm, what is your point? My whole beef is with Glass Maroney. Not BB, Pioli, or anyone else. My disgust is with the fragility of Glass and his undwerwhelming overall performance thus far after being picked #22 in the draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes