PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 2&3 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear God,

Please let all the DBs the Patriots have chosen in the last two years become successful, so that they don't have to draft any next year or the year after.

Sincerely,

Pats Fans Everywhere

Amen. :D

jones sucks.

any chance we get lloyd back? i'll take 900 yards and 70 catches tbh.

These last two picks were asinine. DaBruinz, please explain to the non cool aid drinkers why these are good picks.

Ryan was projected as a second rounder possibly a first rounder by some. I don't see how he was a bad pick. Harmon is a head scratcher though.

No problem with Ryan though.

Yep, just because fans don't know anything about the WRs currently on the roster or because they aren't big names, it doesn't mean they aren't good.

Donald Jones for example looked a good player for the Bills and put up decent yards despite Fitzpatrick's utter inability to throw the ball anywhere close to him.

Which fans don't know anything about the WRs on the roster?

How about BB isnt allowed to make any more draft picks until the 7th round? Seems fair to me, the proof is in the picks.

These last two picks were asinine. DaBruinz, please explain to the non cool aid drinkers why these are good picks.
Logan Ryan was not asinine. Maybe you're clueless ?

:confused:

I just had a crazy thought.

Could it be that the Patriots do not believe that any of the remaining WR's that have somehow been overlooked by the rest of the NFL all the way until the 4th round in this stellar draft class (pauses for breath during a run-on sentence) are not likely to be an improvement over Amendola, Dobson, Edelman, D Jones, and Jenkins???

Nevermind that the 2 TE's and the playmakers at RB.

You may be underrating him a tad. He's not as bad as some here say.

Yeah, Jones has the potential to be a solid #3 or #4 WR on this team. Not a starter, but could be a good guy off the bench.

So the Pats have selected their out of nowhere, head scratcher pick. Mayock likes the guy. Who knows?

As their second pick in the third round, I am not that upset that they reached for the guy.

As a third round pick, though? I can't believe someone else wanted him in the next few picks.

Third round - ouch where do we play all these DB's. I would much rather have traded the two thirds for next year than pick 2 more DB's. Could one of these guys be a hit. T. Wilson, Gregory, A. Wilson, Dowling, 3 guys from Rutgers, Dennard, Arrington, Cole, Talib is Butler still around. oh yeah - Ebner or is that the wide reciever from Northwestern. Next year DB's in every round. Please Pats stop carpet bombing. The draft started out great then got silly. Who has a rotating secondary like us.

Harmon runs a 4.65 40 at 198 pounds.
Collins is a 4.59 at 250 pounds.

As a third round pick, though? I can't believe someone else wanted him in the next few picks.

I am not defending the pick. Just not that upset considering this draft supposedly sucks in talent and it was a late 3rd rounder.

DH: I am a hardworking player that has the intelligence to pick up your playbook, the skill sets to play the position and the mindset to dominate on your special teams and the leadership qualties to be a leader on your team. Many people want to go to the NFL becasue of the money, but although the money is nice I want to play because I love this sport. I do not
need the NFL to make money, I have 3.47 gpa and I plan on becoming a labor lawyer which will pay me good money for a lot more years than I would play football but it has always been a dream of mine to play in the NFL and I will live that dream on one of these 32 teams in the NFL

LOL, BB's annual curveball special. And people go BERSERK every time it happens.

Usually goes like this -*whinewhine*never heard of this guy *whinewhine* i can't even find a draft profile on this dude *whinewhine* he would have been a UDFA *whinewhine* BB sucks and doesn't know WTF he's doing dewd!!

Like seriously, you weren't expecting something like this? Sheesh, you're just like Charlie Brown when Lucy lines up that football. Fall for it EVERY TIME!! Face it, you got TROLLED!

BB is LOLing up in his office as he keeps a small window open to monitor all the ballistic posts by easily angered Pats fans! *NOT* He could care LESS how CBS or NFL.com rank the prospects. Pats go by their own scouts. Learn to live with it. This happens EVERY year. and EVERY year there will be fans who pull an angry Charlie Brown. LOL.

So now can we get back to rational discussion of the draft?

Pick 1. Pats get a passrusher.
Pick 2. Pats get a big physical WR.
Pick 3. Pats get a CB.
Pick 4. Pats get a S.

Top needs going into this draft? Receiver, passrusher, secondary.
Gee looks like they were all addressed. Just some people think they know better than BB who to fill those positions. Make sure to put your binkies into those emails directed to BB that will never ever be read. NOR SHOULD THEY! ;)

We can at least say It's not as crazy as the Tavon Wilson Pick last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results