PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official post-Colts game secondary/pass defense/Talib thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this team is looking to have 3 "starting" safeties. Unless they are very active with free agent/trade safeties, I expect them to take a safety high up in next year's draft.

Of course, BB and I have often gone wildly different ways on draft day.

Could be. They could also go the FA route, depending on what's available. I don't mind Gregory but I think he's better relegated to a reserve/rotational role.

I would note that our corners signed for 2013 are Dennard and Dowling.

Some of us think that an off-season priority might include CB. Also, our signed WR's for 2013 are Lloyd and Salas. Some think that WR might be an offseason priority.

"Some of us" are welcome to prioritize our offseason needs whoever "we" see fit.

The needs I listed are a.) not reflective of re-signings/FA moves as I cannot see into the future and b.) are not an exhaustive list.

I think it fairly likely, should he remain out of trouble, that Talib's services will be retained.

I think it fairly likely, should he remain out of trouble, that Talib's services will be retained.

Yep. I think the money that might have been spent on Arrington and Chung, some might be going to Talib.

He's even been saying that he would love to call New England home. Now I'm smart enough to know that if some other team over pays he would bolt.

But maybe there were talks between the Pats and his agent that if he stays out of trouble till the end of the season they will offer him a deal.

I think Patricia finally found the "Blitz" section in his playbook. Playing an aggressive scheme obviously plays dividends! Keep the pressure coming boys!

I presume he "found the blitz section" of his personnel rather than his playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes