PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Panthers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations, both before and during tonight's game between the Patriots and Carolina Panthers, on this thread. Please do not start other threads about tonight's game.

The weather tonight is suppose to be in the mid 50's with not much wind, so the weather should not be a factor.
New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Game time is suppose to be 8:40 PM and televised on ESPN MNF.

Let's hope for a good game, with no injuries, and a Patriots victory.

I think we get slapped. Their front 4 is everything we hate, Brady will be pressured all night long. Not sure how we stop them running all over us either.

I think we lose 27-13.

Lets go Pats! No injuries and a blowout win please.

I think we get slapped. Their front 4 is everything we hate, Brady will be pressured all night long. Not sure how we stop them running all over us either.

I think we lose 27-13.

I think we do the slapping and make a huge statement this game, that our offense should be feared with them all healthy.

So where's the exciting new feature? :D

I think that the two keys here are shutting down Steve Smith and keeping Cam in the pocket. If the Patriots can do that, then they should come home with another win.

I'm of the belief that our OL stiffens quite a bit tonight and protects Brady better than the past few games. We'll see, but I just haven't been as worried about Carolina these past two weeks as some folks seem to be.

True enough, they are a good team, and will present a challenge to New England, but even playing on their own turf, I'm thinking that they're too confident of a win, and won't be very happy when the game ends with a New England win.

ice_bath.jpg

The patriots need to get their ice baths ready because this will be a long night for brady .

Gotta get to Scam all night long. Predicating a big game from Chandler Jones.

ice_bath.jpg

The patriots need to get their ice baths ready because this will be a long night for brady .

The ice baths should be ready regardless because this is going to be a very physical game.

"Those New England Patriots linebackers --we all know it -- they ain't very good." -Keyshawn Johnson on ESPN a few minutes ago

The Patriots have won five straight and 11 of their last 12 on Monday Night Football, and the Pats have won four of their last five when they are not favored to win.

Just saying.

I hope I don't jinx 'em, but I feel good about this one. Reminds me of when the Pats irreparably broke the high-flyin' letterman jacket-wearing Texans.

Slapper: Pats
Slappee: Panthers

This game reminds me of the Texans regular season game and how the "tougher" Texans with the elite defense were going to stomp the Patriots...we all know how that game ended and I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen tonight.

HWC has the same feeling! Not just me then.

I think we lose 27-13.

think about this.......if shane vereen does not get hurt, the pats are quite possibly undefeated at this point.....the multi-dimensional RB is exactly what puts the dampers on this kind of play, and I'm not talking about a limited guy like woodhead. week 1, shane vereen was basically marshall faulk even if he hasn't kept it going with any regularity, but he has that ability.

keeping Cam in the pocket.

Ninkovich will do a great job of that.

Is their any way to see how often a QB leaves the pocket and which way they go? I tried to find something like this for the Steelers game, but failed.

think about this.......if shane vereen does not get hurt, the pats are quite possibly undefeated at this point.....the multi-dimensional RB is exactly what puts the dampers on this kind of play, and I'm not talking about a limited guy like woodhead. week 1, shane vereen was basically marshall faulk even if he hasn't kept it going with any regularity, but he has that ability.

WOAH!!! Lets not act like vereen is the next LT2.

its EXACTLY what he was week 1.... 100 yards rushing, 58 yards receiving. If you have that in your RB, you have gronk and some other guys who stretch the field, not to mention brady, the applying pressure could become futile and downright foolish.

as vaunted as the panthers front 7 is, they only have 2 good LB's.......look how the pats exposed the texans in this same way last year

I'll gladly take the next Kevin Faulk, TYVM. :)

Besides, do any of us REALLY want Vereen to become the next Lady Tom? :eek:

Both Dilfer and Steve Young were really confident, almost arrogant even, that Brady will have a great night tonight. I don't understand why they're so confident given Brady's struggles this year, but I hope they're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes