PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Colts PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I suspect that the JESTS celebration of their win today might be short-lived when they see the film of today's Patriots game. :D

Indeed. I suspect that the JESTS celebration of their win today might be short-lived when they see the film of today's Patriots game. :D

That's if the coaches can even get them into the same room without fighting after what Bart Scott did after the game today :D

Always good when you get TDs in all three phases. If the defense can get hot, look out NFL.

Chandler Injury - My feeling is that the Pats played it safe with him and kept him out so that he can maybe have a go against the Jets

Gronkowski - Heard he went to the locker-room early. Haven't heard why.

Gronk didn't look hurt going down the stairs but who knows.

Couldn't be happier about our defense the first two Colts drives aside.

I love the intensity and the pressure. That's what I want to see next week, damnit!

If we start seeing the D play like they did in the 2nd and 3rd quarter consistently I like our chances against anyone.

Minor gripe, I hated the lack of situational football at the end of the first half. Instead of 2nd down at the 2 minute warning it was 4th down, just dumb. They need to stop those mental gaffes.

I've been hearing that BB did a lot of defensive coaching on the sidelines after the Colts scored those 14 points. While the offense was on the field he had the chalkboard up putting things together for the Defense. Lots of tweets about it and they asked him about it during the press conference.

They'll keep the mood going by moaning about the Pats running up the score. :bricks:

I think Talib played very well today especially when you consider he distinguished himself with his play after only four days of practice and while on the field with guys that had been playing in the same system all season long.

The interaction between him and safety was much better than we have generally seen from guys playing together since the start of the season. However you cannot point to coaching in four days. Tells you the importance of talent and speaks volumes to the issue of talent in the Pats secondary. Talib and Dennard may be enough as starting CB's for this team even beyond this season. I absolutely think McC needs to stay at Safety.

I hate seeing what has happened to Arrington cause while he has never been a premier DB, he has given up his body for two seasons now and has probably shortened however much of a career he was going to have substantially.

I've been hearing that BB did a lot of defensive coaching on the sidelines after the Colts scored those 14 points. While the offense was on the field he had the chalkboard up putting things together for the Defense. Lots of tweets about it and they asked him about it during the press conference.

he was doing the same thing last week against the Bills

Couldn't be happier about our defense the first two Colts drives aside.

I love the intensity and the pressure. That's what I want to see next week, damnit!

Is it me or did I see more corner blitzes in this game than the last two seasons combined?

Anyone else see this?

Dungy: I really think the jets have a good chance to win next week

They start to go to commercial and Rodney looks at him laughing and you can see him say "are you kidding me?"

I't was a fun day defensively. I think it was a typical bb game plan to throw the kitchen sink at a rookie qb and blitz often I doubt we'll see that much of a blitz going forward, but hopefully they'll crank up the pressure a little more with Talib and Dennard able to play press man. Saw some nice passes defended today by McCourty, Hightower and Dennard. Still tons of yards given up today, but hopefully some signs that the coverage is tightening up a little.

Anyone else see this?

They start to go to commercial and Rodney looks at him laughing and you can see him say "are you kidding me?"

Dungy is such a tool. :rolleyes:

Anyone else see this?

Congrats on the win. Didn't think the Colts would win but didn't expect 59 either.

Dungy is such a tool. :rolleyes:

Definitely. He says things sometimes I just can't believe anyone would say. He's more like a court jester than a commentator.

Anyone else see this?

To be fair they barely won last time. And pats barely beat the bills two weeks ago. I think it will be a blowout but, it's not crazy to think the jets will have a chance.

Very happy for the win.....thought it was a GREAT overall starter for Talib. Edelman...HUGE props for proving ALOT of people on here and all over the country WRONG about you. The guy is a gamer and a very talented player. Don't like to see him back there for punt returns....but overall this guy has been SOLID and I am very happy for him tonight....Go celebrate....but don't get into any arguments with cheap sluts and their jealous boyfriends Eddy!!! The Defense is a work in progress obviously. I think Dennard coming in there and showing what he can do should make BB give Arrington the boot outta town. Wilson is also better than Arrington. My point.....ARRINGTON SUCKS!!! Had one good rush on Luck otherwise is a LIABILITY everytime he steps on the field.....Please BB...get rid of this bum! Amazing how many points this offense was able to ring up....despite MANY players being out or banged up. Nate Solder looked like the Nate Solder in preseason tonight....shows me that he struggles against top talent like Freeney. BB/patricia made some good adjustments on Freeney second half (not sure how as I will have to watch the tape/replay first to see it).Brady had a phenomenal game.....looked really confident out there. OL blocked well for the pass.....sh#tty for the run most of the game....thus the Riddler was left puzzled most of the game.....came on late....good TD run....and Vereen looked really fast late...Gronk is hurting but he is an absolute monster and the greatest "catching" TE of all time IMHO....Great WR hands and body control...in a 6'6" frankenstein body......guy is a freak!!!! Great Win for our Pats......!!!!!

I't was a fun day defensively. I think it was a typical bb game plan to throw the kitchen sink at a rookie qb and blitz often I doubt we'll see that much of a blitz going forward, but hopefully they'll crank up the pressure a little more with Talib and Dennard able to play press man. Saw some nice passes defended today by McCourty, Hightower and Dennard. Still tons of yards given up today, but hopefully some signs that the coverage is tightening up a little.

while luck had 300yards, I thought they were a hard 300 yards....he made some nice passes in coverage against the pats.

but i liked the aggressiveness they played with, getting after the quarterback. and I thought Dennard/Talib played some good coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick