PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game shows the advantages and disadvantages of having such a young team.

The good side of being a young team is that you have the energy and athleticism of guys like Woodhead, Hernandez, Chung, and McCourty making plays throughout the game. The downside is that they don't have a lot of experience—and even more so playing together—so mistakes will happen all season long as they learn to become a solid unit instead of a collection of individuals. The "bend but don't break" or "prevent" defenses rely on everybody knowing their roles, and playing within them. When things go pear-shaped, it's harder to keep the team motivated and on the same page if they don't have a lot of time working together.

I don't know if this is team can play in the final NFL game of the year or not. However, if there's anything we've seen this season, there doesn't look to be any team that you can say that is even a decently prohibitive favorite.

The teams that will make the SB will probably be the ones that make it through the regular season with as few major injuries as possible, and then are able to catch a few breaks in the postseason. Of course, having HFA will be a huge advantage, which makes the game against the Jets in Week 13 even more critical.

Oh, and I suppose it might have gotten lost in the thread, but congrats to TFB on tying the record for most consecutive home wins. :rocker:

And mad props to our merry band of Smurfs (Welker, Woodhead, and Branch), without whom this win wouldn't have been possible. :D

Last edited:
I would like to say I predicted 31-28 pats(look it up) I also said that we would win with a game winning stop from the D. Obviously I didn't have an int in patriots territory in mind but it works. :D

And yes strudel I want a cookie.

You can get any name and number on any jersey from NFL.com.

Ron Mexico???

Am I reading this right that if the playoffs started today, the Colts would be out continuing the curse of the SB loser? They are tied with JAX at 6-4 but they lost to them in their first head to head, so they lose the first tiebreaker and are behind the top two teams in the East ( Jets/Pats) and North (Balt/Pitt) who would be the two wild cards and division champs

Only player in history who can throw 3 picks to lose a game against it's biggest rival 10 months after throwing a pick to lose the SuperBowl and still get hailed as the greatest of all time. Please....

I think Brett Favre just texted you, you better check it.

Only player in history who can throw 3 picks to lose a game against it's biggest rival 10 months after throwing a pick to lose the SuperBowl and still get hailed as the greatest of all time. Please....

He's asked to do way more for his team, and that's how they're gauging him. No run game, a D that couldn't stop anything for 3 quarters, and a coach who is basically just a placeholder.

And he was still one straight pass from another 17 pt. comeback....

Hell that's nothing. You should have seen Jamie Dukes on NFL Network. He was borderline furious Indy lost. Then at the end of the segment he threw in a "How's Brady doing without Randy Moss."

Just fine, Jamie. And FU.

Haha Hows Moss doing without Brady?

Didnt Moss have no catches today and titans lost?

Hell that's nothing. You should have seen Jamie Dukes on NFL Network. He was borderline furious Indy lost. Then at the end of the segment he threw in a "How's Brady doing without Randy Moss."

Just fine, Jamie. And FU.

He's just mad because he picked the Colts friday night on Total Access...:bricks:

The last two offensive series for the New England Patriots was puzzling. The New England Patriots should have gone two tight ends, two wide receiver set with BJGE in the backfield. Just friggin' run the football. Is that too hard?

The last Pats drive, they ran the ball 3 straight times, only attempting a pass on 3rd and 7.

The drive before, they threw a few incompletions around a Woody run.

Dr Z's article praising Peyton's 6 INT performance against San Diego is still the best example of this phenomenon:

SI.com - Writers - Dr. Z: Manning showed true toughness in Colts' loss - Tuesday November 13, 2007 11:21AM

"Many of them never got over it and suffered lingering psychiatric problems. Some were profoundly affected by the experience, claiming they had personally seen the Hand of God. They became deeply religious. As for me, I recalled the whole scene Sunday night when I watched the Colts lose to the ChargersMany of them never got over it and suffered lingering psychiatric problems. Some were profoundly affected by the experience, claiming they had personally seen the Hand of God. They became deeply religious. As for me, I recalled the whole scene Sunday night when I watched the Colts lose to the Chargers".

I would like to say I predicted 31-28 pats(look it up) I also said that we would win with a game winning stop from the D. Obviously I didn't have an int in patriots territory in mind but it works. :D

And yes strudel I want a cookie.

Sure man, you got it.

cookie.jpg

That would be correct.

"How's Brady doing without Moss"? What a stupid thing to say.

I'm not sure but he had 1 catch for 26 yards last week in a loss. Hard to believe there are still a few on this board still pining for him. He is a shadow of what he used to be.

He's asked to do way more for his team, and that's how they're gauging him. No run game, a D that couldn't stop anything for 3 quarters, and a coach who is basically just a placeholder.

And he was still one straight pass from another 17 pt. comeback....

What happened to that pass?

Amazing......if our D steps up ON ONE FRIGGIN Series (before the game ending pick of course.....which it should never have come to that)......Manning and team would NEVER have been in it!!! But because we played soft and COLLAPSED despite being up 17 pts in the 4th....Now all of a sudden it is "Peyton almost did what he always does......getting the TD when he has to get it....coming from behind and getting the game winner........being the clutch hero that we are used to".........ANYTHING EXCEPT LETTING TOM BRADY, BB, AND THE PATRIOTS WIN AGAIN.......

On the negative side, wtf with the offensive play calling on those last two series? I can understand passing on the first series -- but why not off play action? But that last series -- sweep left with BJGE then sweep right? I assume those were actually zone option runs that BJGE couldn't break inside, but wtf nonetheless.

Great to see Cunningham making an impact. This kid's going to be special, he has all the tools and just needs the reps. If Crable had been in there no way he would have gotten to Manning on that play...

BJGE+Woodhead a great tandem -- hope the hell we sign Woodhead to a multi-year contract soon, especially with Faulk at or near the end of his glorious career.

interesting thread

Half are spouting we were "lucky" to win and "collapsed". How the hell do you collapse in a win?

The crying about the media gaga over Manning. Ya know, the guy who threw three picks.

Everybody forget the "clutch" 2003 win in Indy was also a 31-10 "collapse"?

GOATS don't throw three picks, one to lose the game.

The defense has two sides, one learning to play "prevent". The other makes huge stops in close games. "Situational football".

Don't sweat it.

Brady today posted a 123 passer rating and was highly efficient. Right now he has the third highest amount of passing Touchdowns, the third highest passer rating and the best TD/INT diferential. So I'd say he's doing pretty damn well, thank you very much.

When Manning has a higher rating than Matt Cassel maybe we can compare the seasons they are having.

When I Seize Supreme Executive Power...

The FIRST thing I'm going to do is BAN Prevent Defense AND Prevent Offense...by any entity based in New England.

The denizens of the other 44 states may do as they please.

60 minutes, Bill.

60...MINUTES. :mad:

Re: When I Seize Supreme Executive Power...

The FIRST thing I'm going to do is BAN Prevent Defense AND Prevent Offense...by any entity based in New England.

The denizens of the other 44 states may do as they please.

60 minutes, Bill.

60...MINUTES. :mad:

I would be first in line to thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand