PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official "our defense is horrible" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Yes, call me a "chicken little" blah, blah, blah. But maybe you can merge all similar threads that will be made in here and call it a day.

Anways I'm sorry, but that was the final straw today. 30 points to the WORST offense in the NFL? The worst offense in the NFL's backup quarterback? At home? SERIOUSLY? A stat came up during the game that the Bills were 0-40 in their last forty 3rd & 10+ attempts and what do you know, they convert right after that.

The defense impressed me once this season, the first half against the Bengals. Ever since then they have been pure trash. Allowing Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick led offenses to score 28 and 30 points respectively is scary.

Can this team make the playoffs? Yes, but I see our peak being 10-6 at best. This defense is just awful and we haven't even played a Top 10 quarterback yet.

Now go ahead, give this star one thread and try to tell me that our defense has performed well or how we'll magically get better (against better teams at that)

Last edited:
They're young.

Ilikewherethisthreadisgoing.jpg

why our defense does suck, what is wrong with this thread...

Honestly at this point after this game, I have finally accepted that the defense will not be any good and if they can somehow make a couple plays here and there, that will be sufficient to me. I have come to the realization that this team will have to win shootouts plain and simple. If the defense can somehow have a good game and force TOs then thats just gravy.

Out of 12 Quarters of football the offense has struggled just 2 quarters. In a shootout with the dolphins and jets, I'll take my chances with the Pats.

This was a good game for me, because it has lowered my expectations for the defense to basically nothing

You're right, the defense does suck, but IT IS WHAT IT IS

Honestly at this point after this game, I have finally accepted that the defense will not be any good and if they can somehow make a couple plays here and there, that will be sufficient to me. I have come to the realization that this team will have to win shootouts plain and simple. If the defense can somehow have a good game and force TOs then thats just gravy.

Out of 12 Quarters of football the offense has struggled just 2 quarters. In a shootout with the dolphins and jets, I'll take my chances with the Pats.

This was a good game for me, because it has lowered my expectations for the defense to basically nothing

Then pencil in the Steelers game as an easy loss - Pitt is playing defense better right now than any of thier teams since the 70s

The Ravens are pretty good too

Pittsburgh could win with me as starting QB

Last edited:

Penalties that start the drive at 1st and 20, low-% long bomb attempts and a below average running game (better today) have been the biggest problems with the offense thus-far to me.

Brady has the most weapons he's ever had in his NFL career, I'd like some better play-calling and more discipline.

Back to the defense though, had Edwards not thrown two gimme INTs, Bills may have very well won this game.

What a bunch of pansies.

They'll be FINE, boys.

And, before long, they'll be NASTY.

Just give them a month or three.

What a bunch of pansies.

They'll be FINE, boys.

What have you seen that makes you feel so confident that a team that just gave up a combined 58 points to Sanchez/Fitzpatrick led teams will suddenly become NASTY this season?

I HOPE I'm proven wrong and you can bump this thread later and have a good laugh at me, but sadly I don't see this defense getting significantly better this year.

24.....28.....30.....week 4=31....week 5=31
....+4....+2......next week +1....week 5 +0

Last edited:
Yes, call me a "chicken little" blah, blah, blah. But maybe you can merge all similar threads that will be made in here and call it a day.

Anways I'm sorry, but that was the final straw today. 30 points to the WORST offense in the NFL? The worst offense in the NFL's backup quarterback? At home? SERIOUSLY? A stat came up during the game that the Bills were 0-40 in their last forty 3rd & 10+ attempts and what do you know, they convert right after that.

The defense impressed me once this season, the first half against the Bengals. Ever since then they have been pure trash. Allowing Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick led offenses to score 28 and 30 points respectively is scary.

Can this team make the playoffs? Yes, but I see our peak being 10-6 at best. This defense is just awful and we haven't even played a Top 10 quarterback yet.

Now go ahead, give this star one thread and try to tell me that our defense has performed well or how we'll magically get better (against better teams at that)

Couldn't agree more Pete. You will be attacked by all the rose colored glass/tin hat wearing homers here....but them's the facts. We DO NOT have a good defense this year, and little is going to change. Expect BB to go for it on 4th and 2 from our own 19 often this year....because our defense (and most especially) secondary.....Has NOTHING!

You are providing realism here....and reality HURTS.....but that is the way it is. Don't expect too much and it wont be as painful this year!!!!

Then pencil in the Steelers game as an easy loss - Pitt is playing defense better right now than any of thier teams since the 70s

Patriots.... 2 Sacks let up in 3 Games (Played the Jets and bengals mind you)

I'll take my chances with Moss, Welker, gronk, hernandez and tate vs the steelers any day.

What a bunch of pansies.

They'll be FINE, boys.

No pass rush + Darius Butler being a Bust = Our Defense getting passed on with ease

3rd downs will always get converted

Teams will be able to make big comebacks in the 2nd half

Why? because we have no pass rush and no #2 CB

You are so right... Pitt's D reminds me of us in 2001-2004.......maybe even better. Good Defenses and a decent offense WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS........maybe in a year or two we will have that recipe back. Baltimore may possibly be beatable but we are not beating Pitt.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots