PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official B!tch about the secondary/pass coverage thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hire Jeremy Pruitt!

Can we draft the entire Alabama D whilst we're at it?

Wilson goes off! Oh what a suprise!

What did i say last week? This secondary is so bad at coverage that they make the most average and inexperienced QB's look like hall of famers.

Wilson is alright but he is not that good yet, yet just like with Fitzpatrick and Locker they make the 'meh' QB's look amazing.

Sick and tired of the same rubbish every week with our DB's giving up 40 yard bomb's at will.

Last edited:
Re: Wilson goes off! Oh what a suprise!

What did i say last week? This secondary is so bad at coverage that they make the most average and inexperienced QB's look like hall of famers.

Wilson is alright but he is not that good yet, yet just like with Fitzpatrick and Locker they make the 'meh' QB's look amazing.

Sick and tired of the same rubbish every week with our DB's giving up 40 yard bomb's at will.

Agree with this. It's getting really eff'n old wasting year after year of Brady's career by giving him a defense that can't seal the deal. Really starting to wonder if BB is even capable of putting together a decent secondary at this point. This **** is just awful.

tumblr_maw5nrHA531qhy78jo1_500.jpg

oh god you speak the truth... because pats fans .com homers cant come to realize that this secondary was and is the same secondary u seen for the last 5 years or so... this secondary cant cover a cold...

Sadly, I have and do agree. Yea, I'm a cry baby. We have a strong chain with a weak link. Let the koolaid drinkers guzzle away. This is a great team with pass coverage problems. The worst I've seen in a long time. And BB is in denial.

Field Hates (ESPN Boston) on Twitter:

Head-to-head, Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 4-0 vs. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo & Cam Newton. Against Sam Bradford & Kevin Kolb: 0-2

Unless he sired the players on his roster, I don't understand what you're saying.

He is saying that our DB coach stinks.

We need to try something. Our secondary has been regressing for at least 3 years running.

We need more height and better speed in the Secondary

In my opinion. NFL wide receivers at 6'4 210lb with 4.3 speed, we need to find a talented tall cover guy to be able to hang with the true # 1 wide receivers of the NFL today.

5'9, 5'10 cornerbacks with average speed are not going to make it at an elite level in today's NFL

Re: We need more height and better speed in the Secondary

Tell that to the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens or Houston Texans.

We need DBs with better technique who look for the ball and take good angles.

Re: We need more height and better speed in the Secondary

In my opinion. NFL wide receivers at 6'4 210lb with 4.3 speed, we need to find a talented tall cover guy to be able to hang with the true # 1 wide receivers of the NFL today.

5'9, 5'10 cornerbacks with average speed are not going to make it at an elite level in today's NFL

Well said my friend, this is true especially against teams like Saints and Giants

Rather than a gazillion threads on the defensive backs and pass coverage, post all your thoughts on this unit here.

He is saying that our DB coach stinks.

Not clear what he's saying because he is praising the talent of the Alabama players.

They stink.

/close thread.

I think it is an economic decision BB made. He knows our secondary sucks, but good secondary is so expensive, he is taking a hit there, building up a nice pass rush, great offense, and hoping the nude emperor sneaks through to another SB.

I think the experiment is failing.

Get a new secondary coach. Now.

Last edited:
nice thread...keep it open.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back