PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2011 Sox rant thread:

at some point you cant use injuries as a excuse. they are supposed to be a dream team. they seemed to think they were guaranteed a playoff spot. a guy gets a hang nail and francona sits him. to much sitting not enough playing.

It's not an excuse, it's just reality.

I never called them a dream team, and anybody who did was a fool. Same goes for being guaranteed a playoff spot.

Who should be playing that isn't?

It's not an excuse, it's just reality.

I never called them a dream team, and anybody who did was a fool. Same goes for being guaranteed a playoff spot.

Who should be playing that isn't?

i think the fo and the coaching staff thought they had a playoff spot locked up because they are so quick to sit players down for anything and everything. they should take a real close look at who they sign and how they deal with these injuries[bobby freakin jenks]. i believe there is a culture of softness that developed in the club house. just the other day big papi sat out a important game because his back locked up on a flight. then he was out with bursitis? is that what you get from running? how much running does he do? jesus now they cant even fly without getting hurt. agone supposedly strained a muscle in his leg after hitting a hr. it never ends. hell i cant even keep track of all the injuries. anybody seen jd drew? it could be that the players have zero confidence in the medical staff. maybe thats why they are inclined to sit .who knows maybe all the injuries the last two years are all just bad luck. did i mention jed lowrie makes me sick?

Last edited:
i think the fo and the coaching staff thought they had a playoff spot locked up because they are so quick to sit players down for anything and everything. they should take a real close look at who they sign and how they deal with these injuries[bobby freakin jenks]. i believe there is a culture of softness that developed in the club house. just the other day big papi sat out a important game because his back locked up on a flight. then he was out with bursitis? is that what you get from running? how much running does he do? jesus now they cant even fly without getting hurt. agone supposedly strained a muscle in his leg after hitting a hr. it never ends. hell i cant even keep track of all the injuries. anybody seen jd drew? it could be that the players have zero confidence in the medical staff. maybe thats why they are inclined to sit .who knows maybe all the injuries the last two years are all just bad luck. did i mention jed lowrie makes me sick?

I think complaints of softness sound like the complaints about Ellsbury last year.

Some guys aren't surprising -- Jenks, for ex -- but he was a gamble in many ways.

Ortiz is going to get hurt sometimes -- he's a big guy who's getting up there.

The Buchholz injury was the critical one.

I think complaints of softness sound like the complaints about Ellsbury last year.

Some guys aren't surprising -- Jenks, for ex -- but he was a gamble in many ways.

Ortiz is going to get hurt sometimes -- he's a big guy who's getting up there.

The Buchholz injury was the critical one.
they seem to have a awful lot of guys who get hurt all the time. young and older. look for youk to be a dh in the not so distant future. he wont be able to stay on the field playing third base.

i dont remember anybody nevermind everybody[all your words] bailing on the team. not on this board.

There was a whole thread devoted to it.

No team that has started off 0-5 has ever won a championship, discuss.

There was this little gem in there too.

the redsox arent winning any ws and i felt that way before the season started. not with the pitching they have now. people need to stop getting suked in by the media hype machine.

Be serious.

Yeah, I'm not a Sox fan, which means I don't have a serious emotional attachment. I find it interesting that the most insightful post in the first few pages of that thread came from RW, a Yankee fan. The entire MLB fanbase outside Boston realizes that the Sox are a pretty damned good team, and it would be surprising (on the level of the 2007-8 Mets) if they bombed and didn't make the playoffs.

Then again, if that happens, I'm sure you'll be here to crow about it.

There was a whole thread devoted to it.

There was this little gem in there too.

Be serious.

Yeah, I'm not a Sox fan, which means I don't have a serious emotional attachment. I find it interesting that the most insightful post in the first few pages of that thread came from RW, a Yankee fan. The entire MLB fanbase outside Boston realizes that the Sox are a pretty damned good team, and it would be surprising (on the level of the 2007-8 Mets) if they bombed and didn't make the playoffs.

Then again, if that happens, I'm sure you'll be here to crow about it.
please forgive me. from now on ill just be a cheer leader. everything is just great with the sox. go go go redsox yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa team[insert jumping leg spilt here] being critical of the team doesnt equal bailing. giving a honest opinion on the team isnt bailing on them. do they have a chance to win a ws? sure they do. i hope they make me eat my words. i don't think they will. if that makes me a cry baby redsox fan then so be it. i stand by everything i said at the start of the year. they are the same as last years team. they are good but just not good enough. they added two excellent players while losing two. the starting pitchers remained the same. some people assumed they would be healthy. well they're not. just to be clear i loved the agon crawford signing and i still do. they improved the team in the long run because they are younger. but there offensive production i would be willing to bet isn't as good as last years beltre vmart numbers and most likely not as good as this years numbers by beltre vmart. im not talking about the team numbers . im comparing beltre vmart vs agon crawford.

Last edited:
:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

Last edited:
Rays are 7.5 games behind us, complacency is a MFer. This team keeps hitting like it has this month and all bets are off. PS, Texas will smoke these bums in the playoffs, if they make it.

I am officially:

eatcrow.jpg

This team is officially a joke. Aviles not covering third base is described by the Fox announcers as evidence of his lack of experience at third base. Are you f#$%^&* sh&*%%$# me? I Little Leaguer knows you cover third base on a ball hit in front of the SS with men on first and second. And Crawford - great play. This is a choke job of epic proportions and anyone who denies it is kidding him/herself.

This team is officially a joke. Aviles not covering third base is described by the Fox announcers as evidence of his lack of experience at third base. Are you f#$%^&* sh&*%%$# me? I Little Leaguer knows you cover third base on a ball hit in front of the SS with men on first and second. And Crawford - great play. This is a choke job of epic proportions and anyone who denies it is kidding him/herself.
Given the observed capabilities of this team I tend to agree with you. It's become pathetic now.

I can understand Lackey, Bedard, or Wakefield doing this, but now, in a must win game, Jon Lester can't get out of the 3rd inning?

It's hard to believe that the entire team is playing like they are being paid to lose. No one has been dependable or reliable for the entire month.

Who will give up more 1st inning runs today in Yankee Stadium, Lackey or Wakefield. They both project to give up 3 runs in each 1st inning. I'm going to go with Wakefield to out-gag Lackey by being down 11-0 after 3 1/3 innings.

they could be tie in the loss column with the rays at the end of the day. this has disaster written all over it.

This team, except for Ellsbury, gave up some time ago. They have vacation on their minds.

What an embarrassment. I can deal with busts like Crawford and Lackey, but when Paps, Beckett and Lester go south, it is very disturbing.

This team, except for Ellsbury, gave up some time ago. They have vacation on their minds.

What an embarrassment. I can deal with busts like Crawford and Lackey, but when Paps, Beckett and Lester go south, it is very disturbing.
that team has got a lot of problems. they need a attitude adjustment big time. they thought the playoffs was a forgone conclusion.

What did Papelbon do?

3 games left. I feel that if the Sox sweep the O's, they will go into the playoffs with a good bit of momentum. Should they only win one game and still find a way to get into the playoffs, Detroit/Texas would easily sweep them.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back