PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offensive Line Needs Lots Of Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that we will be able to draft a lineman who can start immediatey at LG. After all, we are likely to be willing to use a st or 2nd rounder for that purpose.

This is what I have been thinking also. My plan goes something like -

Resign Light, maybe a two year deal?

Draft an OT early and a C (that can play G also) in like the 4th.

The season starts out with

Light - Kaczur - Koppen - Connolly - Vollmer

with the 2 rooks, probably Levoir and 1 of Wendell/Ohrnberger

Gives the young OT a year or 2 to develop and if he takes Lights place before that then fine.

Connolly gets the RG spot because Neal retires. (not because I don't want him back)

Heh! Strong Arguments, Brother Rox, strong Arguments.

I'm as guilty as anyone of defenestrating most of the Front Wall. But it comes from a philosophical view point that verges ~ "verges"? ~ on the Extreme: Until we have something like:

LT Michael Oher
LG Logan Mankins
C Nick Mangold
RG Jahri Evans
RT Sebastian Vollmer

...I won't be satisfied.

I still retain the residual disgust of Super Bowl 42: The Patriots ought NEVER lose that way. Super Bowl 20 stung far less, and not just because it wasn't close: It was because we went into that game playing hard-nosed, SmashMouth, Move the Chains, Tenacious D Patriot FootBall, and while we may've gotten DESTROYED, at least we didn't look like the @#$%^&* COLTS. :mad:

I'm thinking Michael Roos at LT.

Oher? After Jermaine Cunningham made him his biatch?

He won't be the last. :cool:

And even the best have bad days and bad seasons.

Is Evans playing like an $8M man this season?

See above. If you think he isn't worth every penny...you're mistaken.

Elite players at every position mean nothing if they don't fit the scheme and don't play as a team.

You miss the point: I'm not advocating a specific lineup: Just the idea of going 5 Stars with all 5 GRIZZLIES. :cool:

Off the Grid said:
Heh! Strong Arguments, Brother Rox, strong Arguments.

I'm as guilty as anyone of defenestrating most of the Front Wall. But it comes from a philosophical view point that verges ~ "verges"? ~ on the Extreme: Until we have something like:

LT Michael Oher
LG Logan Mankins
C Nick Mangold
RG Jahri Evans
RT Sebastian Vollmer

...I won't be satisfied.

I still retain the residual disgust of Super Bowl 42: The Patriots ought NEVER lose that way. Super Bowl 20 stung far less, and not just because it wasn't close: It was because we went into that game playing hard-nosed, SmashMouth, Move the Chains, Tenacious D Patriot FootBall, and while we may've gotten DESTROYED, at least we didn't look like the @#$%^&* COLTS.

I'm thinking Michael Roos at LT.

NICE.

You'll get no argument from ME.

MgTiech said:
I would like us to bring in TWO rooks AND re-sign Light. That would give us much more flexibility. This is especially true if either Kaczur or Neal are not at 100% health at the time of the draft.

Nicely put.

This is what I have been thinking also. My plan goes something like -

Resign Light, maybe a two year deal?

Draft an OT early and a C (that can play G also) in like the 4th.

The season starts out with

Light - Kaczur - Koppen - Connolly - Vollmer

with the 2 rooks, probably Levoir and 1 of Wendell/Ohrnberger

Gives the young OT a year or 2 to develop and if he takes Lights place before that then fine.

Connolly gets the RG spot because Neal retires. (not because I don't want him back)

Great Plan!! Mine is quite similar...

I focused on Costonzo in the BC/Maryland game:

• He looks NFL ready as a zone blocking run blocker. It sounds trite, with the Rhodes accolades and biochem major, but he's smart and doesn't make assignment mistakes.
  • Costonzo uses his man's leverage against them very well, especially on draws. He'll put up token resistance, swivel and throw his man way upfield.
  • The guy is not a finished product at this point. At least, that's the hope. He still makes technique mistakes, especially in pass pro against the bull rush.
  • Building on the point above, he allowed a sack and a couple pressures. On the sack, he got rocked by the DE's punch into his chest and lost all leverage.

Doesn't really look like a first rounder to me. I'd have no problem with him in the second round but who really knows what the heck Bill looks for in linemen, even after all this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back