PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE MEDIA SUCKS ESPECIALLY TALK RADIO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ForThoseAboutToRock

What're some of your favorites? I can't seem to find NFL ones I like.

I used to like the Make Me Smarter One - but they've apparently replaced Lombardi with Cris Carter (???) Sorta defeats the whole name and stated mission of the podcast. The first segment recently was CC ranting about how the team that has a lower score when the game is over did in fact lose the game - not merely run out of time... I had to unsubscribe.

I also have tried several times to listen to the Ringer's NFL podcast - those guys just seem too... giddy? to actually provide analysis. They really impress themselves by watching football and being amazed by it.

Quick Slants The Podcast
PFW In Progress
Pat Kirwan Show
The Ex-Pats Podcast with Dan Koppen and Jerod Mayo
THE JEFF HOWE SHOW
DUFF AND DAN PATRIOTS PODCAST
Pats Pulpit Podcast: For New England Patriots Fans by Alec Shane and Rich Hill on iTunes

Maybe if people would stop listening to the media because they know they suck, maybe we wouldn't get so many posts about how the media sucks...

Great, thanks both!

It's a disappointment if Lombardi's not on that podcast anymore. He used to have the podcast's logo as his twitter picture - no longer. If Lombardi isn't on there anymore, there's no reason to listen to it - though if I'm being honest I think it was already going downhill because the other host is too screechy/preachy/hot-take-y (the avoidance of which was seemingly the point of the podcast.)

I agree, Lombardi was very good on that podcast. Strange that he left(?) without any announcement. The ex-Pats and Quick Slant podcasts are good. Very good Pats content and insight you really don't get anywhere else. And no yelling!

One more to keep in mind. The Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison (on NBC radio Saturday mornings but also released as a podcast). Great stuff always comparing disfunctional NFL organizations with the Patriot Way. Commenting on all sorts of things like player discipline, coaching, doing your job, selfish players, etc. Always a good listen.

Everyone, including me, says don't listen. I haven't listened to Boston talk radio since 2007. Great. But you know what? I would love to listen to some good sports talk too but since they all suck I can't. I think it would be nice to actually have a decent sports radio show to listen to. That's the gripe.

It's all about how the steelers can win, yet they all pick the Patriots to win.

I stopped listening to talk radio and my once in a while watching of Felger & Mazz about 2 months ago and it's been well worth it ...

I agree, Lombardi was very good on that podcast. Strange that he left(?) without any announcement. The ex-Pats and Quick Slant podcasts are good. Very good Pats content and insight you really don't get anywhere else. And no yelling!

One more to keep in mind. The Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison (on NBC radio Saturday mornings but also released as a podcast). Great stuff always comparing disfunctional NFL organizations with the Patriot Way. Commenting on all sorts of things like player discipline, coaching, doing your job, selfish players, etc. Always a good listen.
The Safety Blitz can also be heard Sunday mornings from 7:00-9:00 on WEEI 103.7 Providence/Westerly.

Cheesehead Radio out of Green Bay is great - a little too Rodgers-centric at times, but the guests are all players or coaches who understand football and appreciate Belichick for the most part.

I miss Keith Olbermann's podcast. That was like crack - funny, informative, brutally honest about hypocrisy in sports.

The Chicago podcast Waddle & Silvy, with Eric Waddle and three other nitwits, is funny in a sophomoric way. They spend a huge amount of time talking about their sandwiches and personal grooming.

The DBR podcast (Duke Basketball Report) sucks because, well, Dook sucks, It's also dangerous to listen to while walking or running.

Last edited:
Radios have many good uses. News. Traffic. Weather. Music. Paperweight.

So, why do you listen to Sports Talk Radio if it bothers you that much?

Personally, I can take a perverse delight in hearing people display sheer idiocy and ignorance. But, you don't seem to be like that. So, why do you listen?

Everyone, including me, says don't listen. I haven't listened to Boston talk radio since 2007. Great. But you know what? I would love to listen to some good sports talk too but since they all suck I can't. I think it would be nice to actually have a decent sports radio show to listen to. That's the gripe.

You can. Just follow the podcast links posted on this page. If you like them and you want mobile access, then get a podcast app for a mobile device and subscribe to the podcasts you like. If you don't have a smartphone, get someone's old smartphone and put it on WiFi to download the podcasts so it doesn't need to have a service plan. Or find an iPod or similar device. These solutions should be pretty inexpensive.

WEEI STAND UP AND TAKE A BOW. YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS HOW I FEEL. THEY SUCK!! THEY ARE USELESS GARBAGE. ALL they do is talk trash, write garbage and piss people off. Then they have the nerve to call it news. **** ALL OF YOU. YOU SUCK. YOU ARE NOT REPORTING NEWS!! YOU ARE REPORTING GARBAGE!!!
SORRY GUYS. I had to vent.

It's news in general
  1. Too many media outlets.
  2. Which leads to too much competition (see #1.)
  3. Reporting has de-evolved from a public service to a profit center.
  4. Now that reporting is not a public service, facts take a back seat to entertainment and trolling for click bait.
  5. Speaking of click-bait, just saw an article where the editor of the Dallas Morning News wants his staff to write stories that were not click-bait, but articles that are READ - what a concept! o_O As opposed to skimming over a few seconds...you see people do that in forums all the time responding to links and obviously did not give it a decent read. The internet has destroyed print media and in-depth reading.
  6. Trolling might generate more clicks (revenue?!) than a good story. That could explain some of the Hatriot stories. This is older than the internet - before that there were shock jocks.
  7. Media outlets are less obliged to serve the general public than in the past. They see clicks and profits in being polarizing (see #4.)
  8. Media outlets are less credible for all of the above plus they tend to be an echo chamber - report just the news (or myths) you want to hear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey