PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The loss of draft picks. Hurt .. but Brady mitigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolade

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Patriots lost draft picks... A lot.

For Belichick. Jets got. Multiple 1 st round picks.
For spy gate... Pats Lost 1 st round pick
For super bowls Pats lost (6) 1 st round picks. #32 is same as 2 ND round.

Point is that later picks combined with Brady leadership gave Patriots a chance each year with their team building.

Now the team building is more equal with the rest of the league since there is no longer that safety net. This is one of those secret advantages of having Brady. Even tho Belichick made it happen.

Do you think Jim Thome was more likely to use:
A) Ketamine
B) Kratom
C) Steroids

?

We had our two firsts taken away by the commish but that really is about it.
Having Brady obviously helped but if you want to look at lost picks, take a look at Duke Dawson, Ras I Dowling and Jordan Richards.
We are where we are because of about 4-5 years of some pretty poor drafting. Our core are largely in their 30's and that is not optimal.

A lot of Brady lovers are quick to dismiss BB the GM and team builder. I love me some Brady : winner, champ, intense, dedicated, smart.

But this constant « Brady made up for ____ » has just been out of control lately.

BB drafted Hightower in the first round. He coached the player and, in turn, DH made two MASSIVE plays at crucial spots in SBs to lead the team to victory. BB also picked up other key contributors in the first two rounds : Seymour, Wilfork, Branch, DMac, Gronk, Warren, Mankins...

Of COURSE Brady was the key cog. Why would the greatest player ever NOT be the main guy ? But to suggest he was single handedly dragging the BB Anchor is beyond absurd and shows the length some fans will go to « be faithful to their bf ».

I thought Goodell docked us more picks before Thursday's draft....I should have known :rolleyes:

A lot of Brady lovers are quick to dismiss BB the GM and team builder. I love me some Brady : winner, champ, intense, dedicated, smart.

But this constant « Brady made up for ____ » has just been out of control lately.

BB drafted Hightower in the first round. He coached the player and, in turn, DH made two MASSIVE plays at crucial spots in SBs to lead the team to victory. BB also picked up other key contributors in the first two rounds : Seymour, Wilfork, Branch, DMac, Gronk, Warren, Mankins...

Of COURSE Brady was the key cog. Why would the greatest player ever NOT be the main guy ? But to suggest he was single handedly dragging the BB Anchor is beyond absurd and shows the length some fans will go to « be faithful to their bf ».

Cannot really disagree with anything you've said. I think that BB's drafting quality has been cyclical. Some very good stretches of success and some not so good stretches. Just like every other team in the NFL.

Cannot really disagree with anything you've said. I think that BB's drafting quality has been cyclical. Some very good stretches of success and some not so good stretches. Just like every other team in the NFL.

Hitting on Hall of Famers like Brady, Seymour, and Gronk and perennial All Pro guys like Wilfork or Hightower or Mankins or McCourty or White was big and the Patriots did extremely well in finding cornerstones and mercenaries in free agency and trades over the years (Vrabel, Harrison, Welker, Moss, Amendola, Van Noy, Gilmore, Ninkovich, Revis, etc.)

And more whining and complaining. Brady left it's over time to move on..

I'm just hoping this year without trying to plan around Brady, there is a more intense focus on the draft. And getting stud players that more mediocre Qbs can win with.. :cool:

I think it was time for Tom to move on. it was time for him and time for the team to start thinking about the future. This team has a lot of holes and one draft is not going to fix that. We are tight against the cap and yet in 2021 we have 110 million in cap space. two strong drafts and a **** ton of money to spend wisely on free agency and BB can have this team challenging again fairly quickly. I like the building process and it will be fascinating to watch, starting Thursday night.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL ruling on our latest spygate is issued on Wednesday.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL ruling on our latest spygate is issued on Wednesday.

Maybe but they are not going to take a pick this year. No chance. Nor should they any year.

Maybe but they are not going to take a pick this year. No chance. Nor should they any year.

Not so sure, Goddell stature rises among 31 other fan bases by punishing the Pats.

Kick them while their down would be Goddell's
style.

Not so sure, Goddell stature rises among 31 other fan bases by punishing the Pats.

Kick them while their down would be Goddell's
style.

I agree but they won’t do it last minute like this. It will be next year’s draft. That’s what they did to the Falcons for pumping fake crowd noise.

Feels like there’s no appetite out there to hammer the Patriots this time. People are using their brain and not buying the hype.

For Belichick. Jets got. Multiple 1 st round picks.

For super bowls Pats lost (6) 1 st round picks. #32 is same as 2 ND round.

tenor.gif

Wasting a 2nd rounder for 3 crappy months of Sanu was absolutely terrible

This year is going to show how good the team really is minus having the greatest QB of all time.

And more whining and complaining. Brady left it's over time to move on..

It seems like the Brady-bashers want him to go away but are okay with taking shots at him now that he's gone. There's a thread here right now with fans complaining about him being in a closed park in Tompa Bay.

I'll never really move on from Tom Brady after all he brought to the Patriots.

Wasting a 2nd rounder for 3 crappy months of Sanu was absolutely terrible

So how was BB to know Sanu would get hurt in his first game with the Pats? BB should always know the future so he can avoid stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back