PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a 4.7 index golfer and I have noticed that my swing is good after drinking a beer or 2... Skiing I've noticed my legs are relaxed and I'm comfortable after a couple one hitters. Riding my motorcycle the combination of adrenaline and alcohol is very good mix since the attention is 110% at 110mph.

Athletic performance requires combo of relaxed muscles and mental focus. The fact that JG apparently achieved his with his own formula and then was honest about it is ok.. it's just he's got to evolve. Learn new ways to relax.. get Alex Guerrero working with him... Lol.

The fact you bring up anything drinking related in conjunction with any type of motor vehicle operation as okay is disturbing. And I don’t take your example as having just a beer with dinner.

I’m really looking forward to seeing JG in action. If he plays to his true potential..crazy game changer for NE offense.
Re all the addiction discussion...look at some of the incredibly talented receivers across the league-(current& past) AB, Dez, Moss, OBJ, Ocho, TO... high strung, somewhat dramatic..borderline spectrum of some sort. They know how talented they are. Put these intense personalities in situations where they feel that all their gifts are going to waste,you see meltdowns, irrational behavior, discontent, etc.
I would not be surprised to see Gordon cease depending on stimulants he’s turned to in the past-possibly to fill the void that constant losing creates. Winning can be an incredible antidote to this.
Do not underestimate the bottomless, endless pit of misery and mockery that you would be in, in the midst of the horrible losing Cleveland culture.

The fact you bring up anything drinking related in conjunction with any type of motor vehicle operation as okay is disturbing. And I don’t take your example as having just a beer with dinner.
Yeah that's why the law is .08.

Alcohol in moderation and weed in correct amount is what I'm talking about. You can be disturbed all you want...:cool:

I'm a 4.7 index golfer and I have noticed that my swing is good after drinking a beer or 2... Skiing I've noticed my legs are relaxed and I'm comfortable after a couple one hitters. Riding my motorcycle the combination of adrenaline and alcohol is very good mix since the attention is 110% at 110mph.

Athletic performance requires combo of relaxed muscles and mental focus. The fact that JG apparently achieved his with his own formula and then was honest about it is ok.. it's just he's got to evolve. Learn new ways to relax.. get Alex Guerrero working with him... Lol.

Yeah that's why the law is .08.

Alcohol in moderation and weed in correct amount is what I'm talking about. You can be disturbed all you want...:cool:
Not driving around at 110mph with a couple of drinks in you. You know that.

This explains a lot.

It is not a conditional fifth. It is a fifth. The Patriots will get the Chiefs' seventh-round pick that was owned by the Browns if Gordon is not active for ten games.
KC's 7th-rounder instead of Cleveland's? Damn.
Bill can't even win a deal getting the better 7th-rounder.

Worth a watch. About 11 months old or so. Mostly information we knew, but it’s worth observing Gordon and how he speaks and thinks. I came away really impressed with how sharp he seems to be. I’m thinking he probably can learn the playbook this year, to be honest. He really does seem rather intelligent.

Great video

Sounds like a guy that finally accepted his condition, committed himself completely to bettering himself and has a new perspective on life

Was worth the 5th round investment to take a chance on this guy, virtually no risk and has tremendous upside... he was leading the league in yards with terribad QBs throwing him the ball

Will be interesting to see how they try and fit him into the offense... probably just some small packages here and there, keep his routes/etc simple and just use his presence to stretch the defense and hopefully open some things up for other guys... and im sure Brady will take a couple shots a game to him if the coverage calls for it

Motor vehicles aside, I tend to agree with your other points.

If Josh is a high strung, anxious person I could absolutely understand him “turning that off” with a rip before a game.

I am not a highly strung person but I work in IT and spend my days analyzing the **** out of everything. Have been known to wake up at 3am with a “eureka” moment pertaining to something I was trying to figure out during the day. A few pulls off the pen at night tends to turn the busy brain down a notch.

That being said, Josh needs to realize that right now his employer has a drug policy that runs counter to his lifestyle choices (not to mention he’s on his last strike) and he should be smarter about it. His line from the GQ article a few years back, something about if he just got tested or wouldn’t be for a week he would take a huge bong rip and hope it didn’t get on his clothes “and give it a few days to clear his system” tells me he doesn’t understand the chemistry around THC-COOH and it’s elimination rates.

Motor vehicles aside, I tend to agree with your other points.

If Josh is a high strung, anxious person I could absolutely understand him “turning that off” with a rip before a game.

I am not a highly strung person but I work in IT and spend my days analyzing the **** out of everything. Have been known to wake up at 3am with a “eureka” moment pertaining to something I was trying to figure out during the day. A few pulls off the pen at night tends to turn the busy brain down a notch.

That being said, Josh needs to realize that right now his employer has a drug policy that runs counter to his lifestyle choices (not to mention he’s on his last strike) and he should be smarter about it. His line from the GQ article a few years back, something about if he just got tested or wouldn’t be for a week he would take a huge bong rip and hope it didn’t get on his clothes “and give it a few days to clear his system” tells me he doesn’t understand the chemistry around THC-COOH and it’s elimination rates.

Trouble with being smart is it takes time to learn stuff like that. Young and stupid kinda go together... Just hope he has his own Eureka moment when he catches his first TD from Brady in practice..! :cool:

Back to Flash for a minute. Being 6'3" with tremendous speed and great hands he will demand double coverage. If they double Josh Gordon, can you imagine how productive this guy will be?
gronkowski-clipart-9.jpg

They can't double both of them.

Back to Flash for a minute. Being 6'3" with tremendous speed and great hands he will demand double coverage. If they double Josh Gordon, can you imagine how productive this guy will be?
View attachment 21273

Still an open question whether you have to cover CP.

Gronk & Gordon on the same side, Hogan & Edelman opposite, White in the backfield.

Lordy. What do you do?

original.jpg

View attachment 21273

throw in jules and Hogan...can't wait to see this domino effect

I am somewhat optimistic about this trade. If he gets 4-5 catches a game for 50-60 yards, its a win . We need WR's right now and he has the talent. He just needs to get his head together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes