PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap enough so I don't care except for the opportunity cost with Coleman but this should not be a major deal.

I hope that the stars align and a) the strong culture we have gives him a framework to stay sober, b) he surprisingly quickly picks up the offense and c) is still close to how he looked in 2013.

I am not confident about any of those 3 points but fingers crossed that my feeling there is as wrong as it was about the interest in him.

ok. thanks
Did you really understand the trade when you originally popped off and then started insulting everyone about the Pats trying to get an elite WR for pretty much a 5th which would end up more or less nothing if the guy flamed out?

Agreed, the Patriots' 5th round picks in the last decade:

JaWhaun Bentley
Joe Cardona
Marcus Cannon
Lee Smith
Zoltan Mesko
George Bussey

The jury's still out on Bentley, but of the others Cannon is the only one you wouldn't give up with zero hesitation for a shot at Gordon's upside, and he was only even available there because he dropped a ton and missed a year on account of having cancer.

Given the level of talent that's generally available in the 5th round, trading that pick for the chance to get a useful version of Gordon is pretty obviously a good call.

This team still has plenty of picks next year especially before the 5th round. Wouldn’t shock me thought if this wasn’t the last move of this season. Hopefully the defense gets its act together. Can’t wait to get edelman back.

Cheap enough so I don't care except for the opportunity cost with Coleman but this should not be a major deal.

I hope that the stars align and a) the strong culture we have gives him a framework to stay sober, b) he surprisingly quickly picks up the offense and c) is still close to how he looked in 2013.

I am not confident about any of those 3 points but fingers crossed that my feeling there is as wrong as it was about the interest in him.
As much as I liked the Coleman potential (development) I think they feel Britt or even Matthews is more valuable. Gordon, JE, Hogan, Dorsett, Britt, CP as as good as it gets firing on all cylinders.

It took one game with the Jags to change the probability of signing Gordon from 0% to 100% :eek:

And Games with KC-The Pack-Vikings and Steelers on the horizon. Yeah we are going have to score some points Especially with our Third and First Defense.

As much as I liked the Coleman potential (development) I think they feel Britt or even Matthews is more valuable. Gordon, JE, Hogan, Dorsett, Britt, CP as as good as it gets firing on all cylinders.

The thing with Coleman was just his age and elite speed. I would love if he surprisingly ends up on the practice squad here. The ideal case would be to somehow get him onto our roster for next years camp. We need to get younger players into the developmental pipeline.

Love me some BB. BOTH TEAMS have released info regarding the trade : he sticks to not commenting because there is a process....

BB used the "it's official, but it's not OFFICIAL, so I can't talk about the trade" angle. He's now being typically tight lipped about that last game. This is looking to be another complete waste of an interview.

Love me some BB. BOTH TEAMS have released info regarding the trade : he sticks to not commenting because there is a process....

Am sure if they corner him he'd just say that without a physical it is not truly official.

Note: The tweet Duron is responding to is gone
It said " who will Josh live with? James White? Matthew Slater? Certainly not Durn Harmon"

Last edited:
Just have Brady adopt him. Like, legally adopt him. He lives with Tom from now on.
Giselle might have something to say about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back