PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign Josh Groban! He was great on the Troy soundtrack.

Andre Davis
Jabar Gaffney
Dough Gabriel
Kelley Washington
Sam Aiken
Joey Galloway
Chad Johnson
Micheal Floyd

NEXT!!!!!

I have my skepticism about Gordon too, but none of those players could even touch his talent level. Ocho in his prime, but he was clearly past that (both in body and mind) when he came here.

I wonder is someone on the team could help keep him in check. Brissett I remember helped Micheal Floyd learn the playbook and watched over him. I'd love for Brady to do it so he can get more one on one work with him.
Brady probably still has PTSD from Randy Moss's last months here, I doubt he'd be up for chaperoning a serious headcase.

• ThankU!
Reactions: APN
All the excitement aside, does anyone here actually have an informed opinion about whether he can still play? He's missed an awful lot of football in the last 4 years.View attachment 21258

He's 27. He was spared the wear and tear of those years. He's in great shape (maybe not football shape but on Hard Knocks he was ripped).

If he comes to the Patriots I'm predicting he will be the best receiver we've had since Moss. The risk is the drug thing. The risk is not that he's suddenly fallen off 'the cliff'.

Good bet that Gordon will be cut or suspended by Thanksgiving, if the trade is finalized

He was an elite talent but he clearly doesn't care to be a pro football player. 40 games played in 6 years and people think he will be an impact player? By the time he learns the playbook and gets healthy, he'll probably be popped for marijuana again.

I am merely quoting the stat that in week 1, the Patriots generated more pressure on the QB than did any other team in the entire league, as a percentage of snaps. It's not an opinion but a statistical fact. Sure, there are outside reasons" Houston has O-line problems, Watson was rattled, etc. But it is what it is. History tells us that they will end up neither the best nor the worst at pressuring the QB.

lol......cherry picking the info again.......

He was on pace for more than 1000 yards receiving last year, even with that dumpster fire at the QB position.
Missing football can be bad but at the same time, also kinda means there's potentially a lot of tread left on the tires.

I have my skepticism about Gordon too, but none of those players could even touch his talent level. Ocho in his prime, but he was clearly past that (both in body and mind) when he came here.

Those names are ridiculous. I think the guy comes in and immediately makes a play or two.

Or I should say, it's official let's drink chocolate milk and totally not do drugs or drink

If this happens, I suspect Patterson will be shipped to the Browns as part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3