PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
His only catchable target too.

Yes, in a game where the Steelers only half-decent CB (Haden) got hurt and left the game, Gordon could only manage to be open enough for 1 'catchable' target.

Gronk and Gordon in the redzone just wouldn't be fair.

Drugs are far more important to him than football. I have zero interest in seeing him come here. There is almost no chance it would work long term. And I certainly would not want to give up a pick for him.

Yes, in a game where the Steelers only half-decent CB (Haden) got hurt and left the game, Gordon could only manage to be open enough for 1 'catchable' target.
Are you confident in Tyrod Taylor's judgement and ability as a quarterback?

Are you confident in Tyrod Taylor's judgement and ability as a quarterback?

Nope. But he threw the ball 40 times against a crap secondary, and Gordon got one target, and even that was a bailout 50/50 ball. He didn't exactly separate on the play.

Nope. But he threw the ball 40 times against a crap secondary, and Gordon got one target, and even that was a bailout 50/50 ball. He didn't exactly separate on the play.
You're nitpicking that he didn't get separation on a fade to the pylon? Yikes.

It's clear that his talent is still there. I couldn't care less about a week 1 stat line with Tyrod Taylor and the Cleveland Browns. I care about how Gordon might look with Brady/McDaniels and a team that will actually compete for something; a potential motivator.

That was his only catch of the game.

His only catchable target too.

He didn’t even have any separation on the play. It was an unxtremely lucky pass that probably should have been intercepted or at least broken up, but the defender mistimed his jump.

He isn’t completely broken down into the ground, but I’d hardly call that one catch, where he was covered like a blanket, as evidence that he’s still close to the same player.

It's clear that his talent is still there. I couldn't care less about a week 1 stat line with Tyrod Taylor and the Cleveland Browns. I care about how Gordon might look with Brady/McDaniels and a team that will actually compete for something; a potential motivator.

No, you're imagining what 2013 Josh Gordon would look like in this offense.

That was 5 years ago.

Also, it was a 20 yard 'fade' route, not a 3-yard one. He had plenty of time for separation and the scrub CB who was lost off the line, had PLENTY of time to catch up to him.

Would be most shocking personell move of BBs entire tenure to bring someone in who might very well be the most unreliable player of this decade. He keeps living off a great season he had five years ago and missed over 50 games since then.

But as usual you have people salivating for what he was in 2013 while they are are calling out players like Cannon for missing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back