PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets Board is so much fun right now [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are Jets fans the scum of the NFL?

As much as it sucked to lose a regular season game to a team that is still better then us it has to hurt 100 times more to go 18-0 and lose to the Giants in the super bowl.

How would you know? :)

I was at the game, and for the first time since going to the Meadowlands for this match-up (past six years), I was afraid walking out of there. The masses were angry.....that seething kind of anger that only ultimate disappointment can bring on. These "super" fans exited, en mass, by the beginning of the fourth quarter. They boo'ed those flight girls (their version of cheerleaders). Firemen Ed was no where to be seen when things were looking bleak. NO ONE Tailgated after the game. Never seen anything like it. People just got in there cars and headed for the exits. No grills being fired-up post game, no drinking, no hanging out, nadda. Never seen anything like it.

Last edited:

How would you know? :)

I was at the game, and for the first time since going to the Meadowlands for this match-up (past six years), I was afraid walking out of there. The masses were angry.....that seething kind of anger that only ultimate disappointment can bring on. These "super" fans exited, en mass, by the beginning of the fourth quarter. They boo'ed those flight girls (their version of cheerleaders). Firemen Ed was no where to be seen when things were looking bleak. NO ONE Tailgated after the game. Never seen anything like it. People just got in there cars and headed for the exits. No grills being fired-up post game, no drinking, no hanging out, nadda. Never seen anything like it.

They booed the cheerleaders?! Are you serious? What kinds of things did you hear Jets fans say as they left? Tell us more. Any Pats fans being threatened? Anyone give you a hard time? I was there last year for the season opener. and you could feel the frustration even then when Moss caught that long touchdown pass while triple-teamed. One Jets fan told me at the end of that game, "Have fun at the Super Bowl." :D

If the worst thing that's happened to Pats fans is losing the Super Bowl (you know, the game that the Jets haven't even made it to in 40 years) then I'd say we're still doing pretty well.

They booed the cheerleaders?! Are you serious? What kinds of things did you hear Jets fans say as they left? Tell us more. Any Pats fans being threatened? Anyone give you a hard time? I was there last year for the season opener. and you could feel the frustration even then when Moss caught that long touchdown pass while triple-teamed. One Jets fan told me at the end of that game, "Have fun at the Super Bowl." :D

The Jets cheerleaders are called the Jets Flight Crew. They're horrible. They were booed in the 2nd half as the fans got more and more frustrated with the game. Guys in my section were complaining when Feely missed that field goal. Someone asked where Nugent was, and they pointed to one of the male flight crew members.

None of the Pats fans in my section were threatened (there weren't that many). The trash talk was nothing more than normal. They yell at you to sit down and shut the ____ up when you clap after a good Patriots play. They only got really nasty to me when I tried to correct them that the Pats weren't running up the score when they went for 4th and 3 with 30 seconds left. I didn't think it was that much different than normal, except the fans were louder at the beginning. They went from so high up to so far down after that game, it was kind of comical.

I agree they were pissed though on the way out. It was much different. I've been to all of them down here since 2000, which we lost, but we've won the last eight.

Wait, they actually thought we were running up the score in a 19-10 game by going for it on 4th down to seal the win?

Too stupid to live.

Wait, they actually thought we were running up the score in a 19-10 game by going for it on 4th down to seal the win?

Too stupid to live.

Swear to God. It was just the three people behind me, but even so.

There were @__hole chants when BB pulled the trickery on that punt, running the offense off and the punt team on. That play was pure brilliance until Hanson punted it through the end zone.

And when James Sanders got hurt at the goalline they chanted Cheaters. But I didn't think they were any better or worse than normal.

The Jets cheerleaders are called the Jets Flight Crew. They're horrible. They were booed in the 2nd half as the fans got more and more frustrated with the game. Guys in my section were complaining when Feely missed that field goal. Someone asked where Nugent was, and they pointed to one of the male flight crew members.
Wow, the "Flight Crew girls I saw on TV were pretty hot, but now you're telling me they have guys too?
WTF?
Would any of the Gals around here like to comment?

Best Jets Thing I have Read Since the Reckoning...

So as I get ready to roll up my gloat mat for the week and actually get some work done, I found this post on the gangreen site and made me feel that all is right in the AFC east today.

Enjoy, it's a classic.

Hi, my name is DeathByJets and I’m a loserholic.

It has been 24 hours since I last drank the Kool-aid. I have been backing losers since I was 8 years old.

I am a fan of the Jets, Mets, and Knicks. I have not backed a winning candidate for President since I have been eligible to vote (5 elections and counting). And my all-time favorite rock band (Rush) will never be elected to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. If not for Bill Buckner, I would be 0-for-life.

The problem isn’t so much that I back losers, it’s that I convince myself that this time it will be different. Oh, how many times did I say Ewing and the Knicks will beat Jordan and the Bulls. No brainer…Al Gore just has to beat Bush. And this time we will beat the Belichick and the Pats.

To the loserholic, you always think you’ve hit rock bottom and things have to improve…and then something like yesterday happens. Brady is out, this is our chance. We are going to make those third down stops. Farve will be able to move the team better than Pennington. With our improved O-Line punching it in from the 1 should be no problem.

And then depression sets in. The Sunday night fog after a loss, followed by a Monday of ridicule in the office and reading the NY paper diatribes online. Ugh.

By Thursday I’ll be pulling myself out of my loserholic funk, and start to convince myself the Jets can beat the Chargers. And if this season doesn’t turn out as expected, at least I can bask in the certain victory to come from Barack Obama.

So, clearly you can see I need help. I’ve decided to enroll in a 12-Step Program:

1. We admit we were powerless over the Same Ole Jets—that our Sundays have become unmanageable.
2. Come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves (I assume this is Brett Favre) could restore us to sanity.
3. Make a decision to turn our remote controls and Sunday Ticket Subscription over to the care of our children…hoping they will pick a better favorite team.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our Jets memorabilia.
5. Admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of Herman Edwards' wrongs.
6. Are entirely ready to have Eric Mangini remove all these defects of playcalling.
7. Humbly asked Him (Mangini) to remove our short yardage run plays.
8. Make a list of all players/coaches we have verbally harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all.
9. Make direct amends to such players/coaches wherever possible (I’ve mailed bundt cakes to Doug Brien, Leon Johnson, and Rich Kotite), except when to do so would injure them or others (Herm is still causing damage to those poor flustrated bastards in KC).
10. Continue to take personal inventory of pre-season predictions and when we are wrong promptly post it.
11. Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our pass rush and run stopping, praying only for knowledge of Belicheck’s demise and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to loserholics, and to practice these principles in all our rooting interests.

Joe Willie grant us the serenity to accept the games we cannot win,
courage to root for the games we can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

DbJ

Too stupid to live.

They are Jets fans after all don't expect to much

Re: Best Jets Thing I have Read Since the Reckoning...

So as I get ready to roll up my gloat mat for the week and actually get some work done, I found this post on the gangreen site and made me feel that all is right in the AFC east today.

Enjoy, it's a classic.

===========================================================

What kinda loser waste's his time on other teams message boards?:D

TROLL.;)

===========================================================

What kinda loser waste's his time on other teams message boards?:D

TROLL.;)

LOL... I know, I know. But no worries, we'll stop pickin' on you guys next week.

BTW, Gunnails, what did you think of the game? Are you able to take away any positives?

LOL... I know, I know. But no worries, we'll stop pickin' on you guys next week.

BTW, Gunnails, what did you think of the game? Are you able to take away any positives?

ya make sure Brett doesn't sh/t himself again when he gets sacked

ya make sure Brett doesn't sh/t himself again when he gets sacked

Favre fudged .... ewwww ... that's just wrong.

As much as it sucked to lose a regular season game to a team that is still better then us it has to hurt 100 times more to go 18-0 and lose to the Giants in the super bowl.

Actually it has to hurt a thousand times a thousand to suck so bad it's been 40 years of seasons since tasting the glory of the Lombardi. :eat1:

=========================================================

I was disappointed in the loss, but not at all surprised by it. Cassel has been on the team 4 years and although he might not be a "Tom Brady", he is a baller.

I was happy with the improvements that the Jets made in the off season and there improvement from week 1.

Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace are the real deal and worth every penny the Jets are paying them.
Revis is very good, Rhodes is even better, David Harris did his best imitation of Vilma and was invisible.

The Jets D should be a top 10 D if they ever gell.

Favre was so so, I did not like the offensive play calling.

Thomas Jones is average.

D Brick is not D Bust, but more of D Man.

The O line is much better then last year, I think they need more time to gell also.

I love Coles, but he had a poor game with 2 key drops.

I wonder why the Jets don,t feature there new TE Kellar more.

Jets looked bad on special teams which was a real disappointment to me, the kicking game must improve if the Jets are going to contend.

Overall I am very excited about the J E T S JETS JETS JETS chances this season.

They are one uptight fanbase that gets too excited by offseason signings before they even see them play.As good as Favre is I always felt he was on the overrated side a little.But, the Packers look to have made the right choice.And you can tell Favre is still not completely comfortable with the new offense yet.

I think it's the Bills not the Jets you guys have to watch out for.

Last edited:

You know ...... there are times when all you can do is say...... oh well. And when a receiver catches a ball with his head...... that's an 'oh well'.

If Eli's shirt was as strong as Lord Farves was on the AD manhandling sack this past Sunday.... game, set, match and another parade in Boston. But it wasn't...and Eli broke lose (holding, holding, holding). So ...I take my helmet.... errrr hat off to Elli and whatever the receivers name is. Terrell??

Going 18-0 and losing to an inferior team did in fact sting for a while.... But let's face it.....it can't hurt nearly as much as not sniffing a superbowl for 40 years and being the ugly step sister in your own city...or state (Jersey Jets??)...or whatever. The Jets are the Jets and always will be ... irrelevant here in NE (and especially in NY).

It's a new season.... and it's not the Patriot way to talk about last year (championship or not). In any event...it's been nice talkng to you Man-hole......... Now beat it.

Last edited:

=========================================================

I was disappointed in the loss, but not at all surprised by it. Cassel has been on the team 4 years and although he might not be a "Tom Brady", he is a baller.

I was happy with the improvements that the Jets made in the off season and there improvement from week 1.

Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace are the real deal and worth every penny the Jets are paying them.
Revis is very good, Rhodes is even better, David Harris did his best imitation of Vilma and was invisible.

The Jets D should be a top 10 D if they ever gell.

Favre was so so, I did not like the offensive play calling.

Thomas Jones is average.

D Brick is not D Bust, but more of D Man.

The O line is much better then last year, I think they need more time to gell also.

I love Coles, but he had a poor game with 2 key drops.

I wonder why the Jets don,t feature there new TE Kellar more.

Jets looked bad on special teams which was a real disappointment to me, the kicking game must improve if the Jets are going to contend.

Overall I am very excited about the J E T S JETS JETS JETS chances this season.

Though this loss might be hard to swallow, it might be best if a good % of the Jets fans take a deep breath and try to evaluate the team after the bye week. That should give adequate time for the newcomers and old timers to jell. That said, I honestly feel that Favre will turn out to be a liability than asset. Let's see how that plays out.

Last edited:

Though this loss might be hard to swallow, it might be best if a good % of the Jets fans take a deep breath and try to evaluate the team after the bye week. That should give adequate time for the newcomers and old timers to jell. That said, I honestly feel that Favre will turn out to be a liability than asset. Let's see how that plays out.

====================================================

I think I am ready for the bye now,lol.

Jets need to beat the Colts or the Cards, That would put them into the bye week @ 2 and 2, then it's the Bengals, Raiders, KC, Bills and then the Pats again. The Jets could be @ 5 and 3, or 6 and 2 When the Jets next play the Pats, or the Jets mite be 4 and 4??????????????? No worse then 4 and 4......

Or maybe no worse the 1 and 7, but thats it.

Or maybe no worse the 1 and 7, but thats it.

LOL - At least you can feel reasonably confident you'll get another win against the Dolphins.

Really, you guys brought in Favre to add spark. Coaching needs to let him run wild or beg their way out of the contract and let Clemens play the system.

Seemed like STs and Favre were your biggest problems ON the field. Gameplanning... well, it didn't seem like there was one.

Take comfort, though. It's pretty tough to out-coach the Pat's. Super smart coaches plus a super-disciplined team - tough to beat.

That's why I think the Cowboys fire will die down soon, or blow up. They have personnel. Can they survive the coaching and personality dichotomy there? I have my doubts. Jets might be in a similar place if they don't get it sorted out.

You guys might have to pick between Favre and Coles if things keep going the way they are. Trade ya Eckel for him? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes