PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you flippin watched the Donkee for the last couple seasons??!! He is a very important part of the team. He creates mismatches and provides Cutler with a safety valve. He should be back this week. Watch the Donkees offensive output for a week with him back in the line-up before you speak.

The Broncos have failed to reach 20 points in each of their last 4 games. Sheffler has only missed 2 of those 4 games. Maybe my math is fuzzy, but that seems to mean something about Sheffler and 20 points....

NFL Network reported that Addai showed up at practice. He took two snaps tapped his helmet and said I can't go, and came out.

So much for Addai's return...

Marlon Jackson went on IR today, so if Hayden can play the Colt's are still hurting. If he can't its disaster time. IMHO Jackson is a much better player than Hayden to begin with.

Really? Hayden is our best cornerback and our number 1 corner. Have you watched Colts games this year? He is the only one actually covering his receiver well. The most frustrating thing the last few weeks has been seeing our secondary give up huge cushions. It's been horrible.

Marlin has declined this year but he had also had a lingering shoulder injury which I think contributed.

Hayden will play but might be limited who knows. He might split time with Hughes.

Addai and Sanders are playing for sure and have been in full practice. Are you sure you are correct in your statement about Addai? I love Addai but Rhodes has been the better back this season and I hear they will be splitting more time again like in 2006.

Anyway Addai and Sanders usually have good games against the Pats. Hope this continues. I don't know what to expect but our entire defense seems to play a ton better with Sanders.

Now the Colts have been beat up this week after a physical game and some players have been sitting out with overall aches and pains and soreness Dungy said.

It's been a rough few weeks for this team. Mostly they have been mentally off I feel, just not in the game and causing too many penalties. They need to keep their heads in the game for 60 minutes Sunday to beat the Pats or else the Pats will take advantage of a Colts team who is not fully there again.

This is a battle of the walking wounded, our db's are all beat up, same for indy. We're down our top 3 rbs and of course The Franchise. Colts may be down addai? Who knows wtf happens sunday, its a coinflip. But i deffinately wouldnt mind Seyton gettin up looking out his ear hole a few times...

You can say that again.:mad:

A far cry from last years Manning vs. Brady showdown and 8-0 vs. 7-0.

But, it's still the Colts vs. Pats and I love it.

In other news, the Pats are #6 (number-effing-six) on the NFP's power rankings.

I know the PR's mean nothing to the future, but really, a real football site thinks the Pats are for real? Nice. Means more to me than what Las VEgas thinks will happen. Remember who they said would win SB 42? Yeah.

The National Football Post | Week 8 Power Rankings

Hayden will play but might be limited who knows. He might split time with Hughes.

Both Hayden and Hughes missed practice today. Both could play or both could be inactive at this point.

Also, to the who is the better CB, Jackson may not be the better CB, but is more important vs. the Pats against the Pats. As Mike Reiss pointed out, Jackson plays against the slot in nickel and dime situations for the Colts. That means he would be matching up against Welker a lot. Losing Jackson could be a huge loss by that standpoint because you don't want a lesser nickelback going against Welker.

Last edited:
NFL Network reported that Addai showed up at practice. He took two snaps tapped his helmet and said I can't go, and came out.

So much for Addai's return...

Marlon Jackson went on IR today, so if Hayden can play the Colt's are still hurting. If he can't its disaster time. IMHO Jackson is a much better player than Hayden to begin with.

If this is true, the Pats may be facing a severely depleted Colts team. Their injury report of players absent from practice is downright scary if you are a Colts' fan:

Did Not Participate in Practice
RB Clifton Dawson (concussion)
WR Roy Hall (knee)
DB Kelvin Hayden (knee/hamstring)
DB Dante Hughes (ankle)
LB Freddy Keiaho (knee)
TE Tom Santi (shoulder)
WR Reggie Wayne (knee)

Full Participation in Practice
RB Joseph Addai (hamstring)
LB Gary Brackett (not injury related)
DE Dwight Freeney (not injury related)
DB Tim Jennings (not injury related)
DE Robert Mathis (not injury related)
S Bob Sanders (knee)
RB Dominic Rhodes (ankle)

Imagine if they go without Addai, Wayne, Keiaho, Hayden, and Hughes. I don't even know who would start at CB opposite Jennings.

Why do you need to be on the injury report if you practiced fully in practice AND are noted as (no injury related)?

Why do you need to be on the injury report if you practiced fully in practice AND are noted as (no injury related)?

They missed practice on Wednesday for a non-injury related reasons. I think they have to be reported on Thursday that they participated in practice.

If this is true, the Pats may be facing a severely depleted Colts team. Their injury report of players absent from practice is downright scary if you are a Colts' fan:

I take it you have not seen recent Colts injury reports in the last few seasons. I have seen much much much worse.

And usually most of them play but this is one of those weeks many of our players have minor injuries and soreness from Monday night.

We will see tomorrow. The only one I hear is iffy is Keiaho. If he misses the game then Session takes his spot and Hagler starts for the first time this season at his usual spot.

I take it you have not seen recent Colts injury reports in the last few seasons. I have seen much much much worse.

And usually most of them play but this is one of those weeks many of our players have minor injuries and soreness from Monday night.

We will see tomorrow. The only one I hear is iffy is Keiaho. If he misses the game then Session takes his spot and Hagler starts for the first time this season at his usual spot.

Do you guys have any rookies you're itching to see out there?

Both Hayden and Hughes missed practice today. Both could play or both could be inactive at this point.Also, to the who is the better CB, Jackson may not be the better CB, but is more important vs. the Pats against the Pats. As Mike Reiss pointed out, Jackson plays against the slot in nickel and dime situations for the Colts. That means he would be matching up against Welker a lot. Losing Jackson could be a huge loss by that standpoint because you don't want a lesser nickelback going against Welker.

Wait to state the obvious.:D We have another corner, Ratclif. I would plan on Hayden and Hughes playing at this point. Both practiced yesterday full time so we will see tomorrow how they do. Keiaho has been limited the last few days.

Believe me when I tell you the gameplan the Colts had last year against the Pats on defense was AWFUL. They should put Jennings on Welker and Hayden on Moss.

Instead they had the smaller Jennings on Moss which was a huge huge mismatch and Moss owned him. I am suprised the Pats did not blow us out based on that matchup.

BTW I don't think you can predict games based on injuries and I never do that. We have been a beat up team for two years and the Pats are also hurting in areas.

I also think you need to realize that Hayden is our #1 corner and has been since last season.

Last edited:
Do you guys have any rookies you're itching to see out there?

Our rookie LB, Wheeler I would love to see. He looked good in preseason and he is a big guy at 6'2, which is bigger than like our entire defense.:D

I know our secondary is banged up but we don't have any promising rookies waiting in the wings there which is a shame.

I think many Colts fans are high on rookie receiver Garcon who is our returner.

BTW I have heard Colts fans saying they would like to sign Ty Law now.:eek:For real, I think he should be signed as a wide receiver.:D

I am not even completely sure who you guys have in your secondary right now? And your running backs? There are some new faces, who are they?

I am not even completely sure who you guys have in your secondary right now? And your running backs? There are some new faces, who are they?

At RB it looks like you'll be seeing Lamont Jordan, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans and BenJarvis Green-Ellis. Pretty bad-ass combo, actually if manipulated right. I suspect Sammy is getting there, but we're trying to have Sammy and Lamont ready as a duo for our stint of division games. Jordan may be a major weapon in setting you guys up for the passing game. He's gonna be tough to stop on short yardage.

Secondary? Hobbs and Deltha O'Neil look good to go, so everyone will be there, plus we have a couple of young receivers who can pull double duty as safeties in a pinch. Hope we don't need 'em.

Last edited:
At RB it looks like you'll be seeing Lamont Jordan, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans and BenJarvis Green-Ellis. Pretty bad-ass combo, actually if manipulated right. I suspect Sammy is getting there, but we're trying to have Sammy and Lamont ready as a duo for our stint of division games. Jordan may be a major weapon in setting you guys up for the passing game. He's gonna be tough to stop on short yardage.

Secondary? Hobbs and Deltha O'Neil look good to go, so everyone will be there, plus we have a couple of young receivers who can pull double duty as safeties in a pinch. Hope we don't need 'em.

I think both our secondaries have the potential to be torched bad.Depends on the pass rush and how well some guys play coming back from injuries.

And yes the Bob is back. And he said it himself this week he is definitely for sure playing. I am curious to see if he gives the D a lift.I swear he saves himself for Pats games.

But IMO the bigger problem has been our offensive production.

Last edited:
Wait to state the obvious.:D We have another corner, Ratclif. I would plan on Hayden and Hughes playing at this point. Both practiced yesterday full time so we will see tomorrow how they do. Keiaho has been limited the last few days.

Believe me when I tell you the gameplan the Colts had last year against the Pats on defense was AWFUL. They should put Jennings on Welker and Hayden on Moss.

Instead they had the smaller Jennings on Moss which was a huge huge mismatch and Moss owned him. I am suprised the Pats did not blow us out based on that matchup.

BTW I don't think you can predict games based on injuries and I never do that. We have been a beat up team for two years and the Pats are also hurting in areas.

I also think you need to realize that Hayden is our #1 corner and has been since last season.

Neither Hayden nor Hughes have practiced at all this week unless the Colts are lying on their injury reports. Keiaho practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday and not at all yesterday.

Colts participation report - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com
Jackson injury impact - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Neither Hayden nor Hughes have practiced at all this week unless the Colts are lying on their injury reports. Keiaho practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday and not at all yesterday.

Colts participation report - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com
Jackson injury impact - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Man you are more updated on my team than I am. Like I said I try to not use injuries as an excuse, there are teams who have suffered bigger injuries than us. But, I was foolish enough to think the Pats would beat the Chargers because of injuries (who were banged up at the time) and I felt we would beat the Packers good because their secondary was banged up.

Hughes you are right did not practice, I got that wrong. Just looked it up. If he is out than Ratcliff or whatever his name is plays for him.

Hayden did practice full time on Wed though.
The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts

BTW I don't know what the deal is with Wayne. He missed one play after he got dinged up against the Titans. But, Dungy said today Wayne told he will be fine.I hope so.

So, guess we will find out more the next few days.

Wait did you say Colts lying on injury reports? No way!:D Then again it's Colts/Pats week. I think both teams may muck around a little with injury reports.

No idea what to expect this weekend. :D It makes it kinda exciting.

I feel bad for Marlin Jackson. He is not as good in coverage as Hayden IMO but he is a great run stopper and a great tackler, or was. I noticed his decline after he hurt his shoulder against the Jags early this year trying to tackle Fred Taylor after like 10 other guys missed him too.

CB and DT will be urgent needs this offseason.

edit:
I get a lot of Colts info here. Not sure what to think about this.
http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_story_305000212.html?keyword=topstory
n Sanders, Addai, Hayden appear ready — Strong safety Bob Sanders (ankle/knee), running back Joseph Addai (hamstring) and Hayden practiced Wednesday and Thursday.
Wide receiver Reggie Wayne (knee), meanwhile, returned for Thursday's workout after sitting out a day earlier.

And then later things were contradicted.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as an injured Colt, everyone of those players are 100% healthy and ready to make my life miserable if the NE players haven't practiced like this was the Superbowl.

Friday injury report

Also on Friday, the Colts released their third and final injury report of the week, with running back Clifton Dawson (concussion), Hughes (ankle), linebacker Freddy Keiaho (knee), running back Dominic Rhodes (ankle), tight end Tom Santi (shoulder), wide receiver Reggie Wayne (knee), Hayden (knee/hamstring), running back Joseph Addai (hamstring) and safety Bob Sanders (knee/ankle) listed as questionable and wide receiver Roy Hall (knee) listed as out.

Dawson, Hall, Santi and Hughes did not participate in practice Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and Keiaho did not practice Thursday or Friday. Rhodes practiced Thursday and Friday.

Wayne, who missed practice Wednesday and Thursday, has started 88 consecutive games, the longest active streak among NFL wide receivers. He practiced on a limited basis Friday.

“Reggie has not missed very much practice time in the seven years I’ve been here,” Dungy said. “That was a little unusual, but he says he thinks he’ll be able to go. He’s a guy who has lined up for us just about every week. I think had we had a normal work week he probably would have practiced on Thursday after a Sunday game and would have just taken one day off.

“With the kind of rushed week, it was better to rest him both days.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore