PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Final "Spygate" Scorecard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm sure they're as closely correlated as your post implies. :rolleyes:

I think Mooch is arguing for a correlation that is in the realm of Karma and not in the realm of Coefficients of Variation or Standard Deviations. So, let's cut the lad some slack, especially at this time of year when he may well have been nipping at the Egg Nog as he wrote the OP.

From a Karma point of view, though, I do kind of like his point. Mangini ratted on his mentor and his career went downhill thereafter. Bill Belichick was much agrieved by said ratting and he is more successful today, especially in his handling of adversity this season, than even before. Correlated? Only, I guess, in the eye of the beholder and the lens through which s/he perceives reality. But, it works for me.

Shakespeare, of course, put it better than Mooch, but, then again, he was William Shakespeare, the Bill Belichick of the word crafting set, who knew a thing or two about Karma himself:

"Though those that are betrayed
Do feel the treason sharply,
yet the traitor Stands in worse case of woe."
- William Shakespeare (Cymbeline, III, iv)

Last edited:
I think that I can safely speak for most here by saying that yes, we think otherwise. Should that surprise you?

A little bit, yes.

He hit Kraft and Belichick hard in the pocket book, but gave no suspensions and let them keep their highest 1st round pick. Tough but fair.

Patriots fans are the only ones that ever seem to talk about Spy Gate. It's such old news.

A little bit, yes.

He hit Kraft and Belichick hard in the pocket book, but gave no suspensions and let them keep their highest 1st round pick. Tough but fair.

Patriots fans are the only ones that ever seem to talk about Spy Gate. It's such old news.

Were that this were the case. Trust me, the vast majority of Pats fans would like nothing more than to not talk about it, but believe me when I say that I hear it all the time from opposing fans, even now.

A little bit, yes.

Really....we are the only ones.....

I will guarantee you that you go onto any other sports boards, espn, or other websites that have a forum....and as soon as they mention the patriots...words like belicheat or cheaters and the like will follow very quickly.....

I think Mooch is arguing for a correlation that is in the realm of Karma and not in the realm of Coefficients of Variation or Standard Deviations. So, let's cut the lad some slack, especially at this time of year when he may well have been nipping at the Egg Nog as he wrote the OP.

From a Karma point of view, though, I do kind of like his point. Mangini ratted on his mentor and his career went downhill thereafter. Bill Belichick was much agrieved by said ratting and he is more successful today, especially in his handling of adversity this season, than even before. Correlated? Only, I guess, in the eye of the beholder and the lens through which s/he perceives reality. But, it works for me.

Shakespeare, of course, put it better than Mooch, but, then again, he was William Shakespeare, the Bill Belichick of the word crafting set, who knew a thing or two about Karma himself:

"Though those that are betrayed
Do feel the treason sharply,
yet the traitor Stands in worse case of woe."
- William Shakespeare (Cymbeline, III, iv)

I think you are missing the point. Many people have said that Patriots bad karma led to the Patriots losing the Super Bowl in the final minute. In addition, many people have suggested that Brady's injury was also due to bad Patriots/Belichick karma.

I think you are missing the point. Many people have said that Patriots bad karma led to the Patriots losing the Super Bowl in the final minute. In addition, many people have suggested that Brady's injury was also due to bad Patriots/Belichick karma.

Anyone who is attributing anything to karma on EITHER side, be it the Patriots 2008 season, or Mangini's fortunes, is being foolish. Things happen, to imply any correlation is the work of feeble minds.

Really....we are the only ones.....

I will guarantee you that you go onto any other sports boards, espn, or other websites that have a forum....and as soon as they mention the patriots...words like belicheat or cheaters and the like will follow very quickly.....

I guess, but anybody who knows anything about football knows that Belichick and the Patriots are great. Other fans are just jealous.

I guess, but anybody who knows anything about football knows that Belichick and the Patriots are great. Other fans are just jealous.

You'll get no disagreement from us here. Given your kind words, I wish I could say the same thing about the Jets, but it just wouldn't be credible :D

Anyone who is attributing anything to karma on EITHER side, be it the Patriots 2008 season, or Mangini's fortunes, is being foolish. Things happen, to imply any correlation is the work of feeble minds.

Save the insults. My mind isn't feeble and my "IQ" is just fine, thank you.

I don't think that Jets Fans, Long Time or otherwise, should be delivering lectures on Karma (or anything else, for that matter) to a team that has gone to five of the last seven AFCCG's, won four of them and won three of the last seven SB's. By the Jets standard of one SB every 40 years or so, it will take 160 years to match those accomplishments, assuming that they get to another SB in the next decade.

You're embarrassing yourself. Go back to the JetsInsider Board and continue to be deluded about getting a Coach of Bill Cowher's caliber to even think about joining the Jets' Ship of Fools.

Your post pretty much implies a correlation, or else why make it at all?

This would be of similar relevance:

Following Eric Mangini eating a turkey sub for lunch last Tuesday, the Pats are 1-0 (1.000) and the Jets are 0-1 (0.000). How'd that turkey sub work out for you, Eric?

Yeah….good analogy…however it should go more like this. Following Eric Mangini eating 4 big macs, super sized French fries and a mc-Shake. Then back in for a double scoop mc Sundae with hot fudge topped with marshmallow cream and sprinkles, , the Pats are 1-0 (1.000) and the Jets are 0-1 (0.000). How'd that pigout fest work out for you, Eric?

Not that I believe all this Spy Gate stuff, but just to play devils advocate.......

Belichick Pre Spy Gate - 3 Super Bowl Championships. :)

Belichick Post Spy gate - 0 Super Bowl championships. :confused:

OK, that's almost as relevant as the Subway reference.. It's been only 2 seasons.. last year they were 90 seconds from a perfect season.. This season may have been BB's best coaching job.. I don't think I have to mention all the injured starters this team has.. I'll bet your freaking Jets would take 11-5.. :rolleyes:

Your post pretty much implies a correlation, or else why make it at all?

This would be of similar relevance:

Following Eric Mangini eating a turkey sub for lunch last Tuesday, the Pats are 1-0 (1.000) and the Jets are 0-1 (0.000). How'd that turkey sub work out for you, Eric?
hes just pointing out how irrelevant spy gate was. bb record was better after spygate. what does that tell you? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST