PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The difference in expectations tonight (NE@SD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
SD fans are expecting (hoping) that some monstrously talented star players will win the game.

NE fans are expecting (hoping) that a very disciplined, mentally tough group ranging from elite to untested players win the game AS A TEAM.

After a few days of skimming media coverage and listening to the blathering on NFLN, this is what it looks like. Team vs. All-Stars

Based on history, I have to pick team. No one has to be happy they get enough attention tonight on our team. They will be happy with a W.

I don't think that is quite the case with the Chargers (though nothing near the amount this turns up on the Cowpies). We keep hearing "it's all on Rivers". When I look at our team I think "it's all on the coaches".

I'm excited to see a methodical and punishing beatdown by the Pats tonight. Things could go wrong, sure, but I really think the odds are more in our favour as the silent, slow, marching Terminators of the NFL.

We're a whole team of Jim Browns. Always get up slow, never let 'em know what you're thinking or feeling, and move forward on every play.

This is my theory. Let's see if it's true.

**excited**

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back