Not open for further replies.

TbSB5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Welker:
qIWXI5.gif

Edelman:
image.gif

Edelman > Welker. Glad to have clutch Edelman playing next week instead of Welker

I'm not big into censorship and the like. I don't even have anyone on my ignore list.

But I swear to Christ if I was a mod I'd permaban everyone who ever links GIFs of key plays in those 2 losses.

I'm not big into censorship and the like. I don't even have anyone on my ignore list.

But I swear to Christ if I was a mod I'd permaban everyone who ever links GIFs of key plays in those 2 losses.
I wish you were and I wish you would.

I would agree that JE seems to be more "clutch" but it's pretty silly and childish to demonize a guy who played so hard and so well for us for so many years, who did no less than redefine the slot receiver position.

I think the difference is about 1.5 inches.

Sorry but Welker always disappeared when it mattered, Edelman makes that SB46 catch hell Amendola makes that catch hell we've witnessed Amendola make tuffer catches then that, I respect Welker for what he did but truth be told he pretty much always disappeared in postseason games (SB46 Catch, 2012 AFCCG drops, those piss me off till this day) at the end of the day what you do in the regular season is cool but what really counts is what you do when it truly matters which is why I day Edelman is better than Welker hell Amendola made more important clutch plays when it mattered than Welker, not to take away from Welker he deserves to be a Patriots HOF ASAP but what I just stated are facts imo

As much as I hate to go there because this is just such a bad idea, I'll bite for a different reason.

The two videos do show a big difference between the two receivers. I've always said that Edelman has a much larger catch radius, which is just a physical attribute, and that is why I like him more than Welker with both in their primes (Welker accelerated better though.).

While the point of the videos was supposed to show a contrast in their "clutchness", I'm not biting there. Brady's throw was imperfect but certainly catchable...the problem is Welker's size and wingspan, which forced him to overadjust while many receivers make that as a routine catch.

You could play this aggravating, torturous game all day, but the bottom line is both Brady and Welker deserved to win a ring together, and its painful that it was inches away. I'm certainly not going to knock the effort or "clutch" factor though, since both of them came up huge in the clutch so many times.

I dunno if they are really all that similar, Edelman isn't a slot reciever. Both great players and Wes unfortunately missed a few years of his prime in the playoffs in 08 & 09 and wasn't quite himself in 2010. Wes played hard for us and was a great player, why dog him?

I just got gamepass a month ago and went through that game again. That drop hurt a lot but it wasn't the only reason they lost that day. There was plenty of blame to go around. That was Welker's only drop of the game btw.

Why would you post that first gif I wanted to go the rest of my life without saying that s.hit.

Welker:

Edelman:

Edelman > Welker. Glad to have clutch Edelman playing next week instead of Welker

Dumbassery. Why do people insist on revisiting this, and making the stupidest of claims? Welker caught 7 of 8 targets in the 2011 SB. Edelman caught 9 of 12 in the 2014 SB.

Didn't even drink on a Friday night, yet almost threw up after opening this thread.

The difference is that the main position they played is different. WW played 95% in the slot, JE 70% outside.

Compare WW in his prime to Amendola. WW all day for durability, quickness, productivity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes