PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Boston Sports Media Sucks

Tom wanted out and we're very fortunate he stuck around a couple more years.

'Rock bottom' somehow makes me think of rock n' roll:p, but anyway the '70, '72, '81 and '90 seasons were in the ball park.

I'll always think of Dreith and Tatum as the nadir, ironically when we had some of our best years.

This year? I really like this team. Until we lost in Houston and lost Rex, I felt really good. Now, we realistically can't afford another loss. It doesn't look likely for us to make it to Tampa.

But there is tremendous potential for next year. For a whole host of reasons.

Yeah I remember the story he wrote about that fight...It was Pulitzer-nomination-worthy, and that ain't no sh!t...Too bad he's lost all objectivity because of his emotions...
I saw the brief ESPN promo/preview of the fight with my father a day or two prior on the late SportsCenter, and in it Douglas was composed, calm, focused and obviously ready. Afterward, I turned to look at my dad and we shook our heads. I took two things away from it: One, I didn't want to be Mike Tyson or anyone else getting in the ring with this guy. Two, there was about as much hype and B.S. in Buster's head as there is in Bill Belichick's getting ready for a football game.

Had the Patriots had this mind set going into Super Bowl XX, we would have beaten the Bears. Um, no, not with Eason, Grogan still needed to start.

Of course, King's still whining over the (not) long count, which is complete bull sh*t.

I saw the brief ESPN promo/preview of the fight with my father a day or two prior on the late SportsCenter, and in it Douglas was composed, calm, focused and obviously ready. Afterward, I turned to look at my dad and we shook our heads. I took two things away from it: One, I didn't want to be Mike Tyson or anyone else getting in the ring with this guy. Two, there was about as much hype and B.S. in Buster's head as there is in Bill Belichick's getting ready for a football game.

Had the Patriots had this mind set going into Super Bowl XX, we would have beaten the Bears. Um, no, not with Eason, Grogan still needed to start.

Of course, King's still whining over the (not) long count, which is complete bull sh*t.

Yeah Douglas could've been standing anytime after the count reached 5; he was merely waiting for the count of 8 to begin to do so...

There was no long count for Douglas, and there was no short count for Tyson either...the ref did him a favor by stopping the fight and preventing Douglas from sending him to the locker room on a stretcher if the fight was allowed to continue...

And yes, Grogan should've started SB20, no doubt...

I agree you clearly want a top flight QB. Obviously between FA and the draft the Pat's will be looking. But as much as everyone wants it to be about shiny, sparkly things. Football at its core is still about being tough and gritty. Playing tough defense and being able to run the ball is still a winning recipe and always will be.

We don't need "THE guy" as much as we need a a guy who can consistently say hit a wide open receiver in the flat, not turnover the ball with the game on the line. A game manager that does the little things right, has good ball security along with a stout running game and defense can bring home Lombardi's.

This franchise is not dead and the cupboards are not bare. The OL is one of if not the best in the league, our backfield is very good. Especially if Harris stays on this trajectory and can stay healthy. The WR's are young and inexperienced but not as bad as many believe. The Secondary is just on an island right now. Some young guys at LB are getting experience they need to develop. We'll get Hightower back with a year of rest among others. Hopefully an influx of a few veteran signings at the position will help etc...

This team will be a competitive playoff team next seaso
Sometimes i put nesn on until i see that POS Tomassee, then i move on. I'll never forgive him for what he did before the 07 super bowl. He claims to be a ''reporter'' real reporters vet their sources before printing the story. In Tomasses case he never watched the video that purported to show that the patriots had taped a rams practice, and went a head and reported it anyway. He Should Not be working as a journalist at least not in Boston.
I’m surprised that Tommashole was never beaten to a bloody pulp for that gutless cowardly shameful hit piece he wrote that derailed Pats from winning that SB...in any other city he would have had cement shoes and his bloated head would be the channel marker in Boston Harbor

I’m surprised that Tommashole was never beaten to a bloody pulp for that gutless cowardly shameful hit piece he wrote that derailed Pats from winning that SB...in any other city he would have had cement shoes and his bloated head would be the channel marker in Boston Harbor
The fact local media backs him up is part & parcel of their contempt and disdain for the Patriots. Period. Nothing about objectivity.

Has there ever been a legit reason for it? Impossible. A legit reason for deliberate, targeted negative bias which encouraged criminal actions by the corrupt league? No. 'Billy Sullivan bad=Patriots bad. Team bad. Wins never legit. Fluke. Hapless. Laughingstock. (Fake) Drug Scandal. Etc.'

I'd get it if it happened in Chicago, for example, where Halas was a total racist. But no he's revered and the Bears can do no wrong - despite the fact they suck.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back