PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bolden, the Beautiful (Bolden Appreciation)

Receiving

Currently rocking a 94% catch rate.
Brandon has dropped 2 passes all year.
Picked up 15 first downs

Rushing

Picked up 8 first downs
vs Houston 12 yds a carry
vs Carolina 6 yds a carry
vs LAC 6 yds a carry
vs Cleveland 10 yds a carry

Dude has been money in the bank and has done what he can to fill the void that James White left. Brandon Bolden Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
He's a monster, and we will keep on needing him

He's like Kevin Faulk 2.0

But you can't say BB the running back is getting in the way of BB the head coach (or BB the GM)
:rolleyes:
Loop GIF
Bb King Guitar GIF

He's a monster, and we will keep on needing him

He's like Kevin Faulk 2.0
Basically, Brandon has averaged 3 targets per game thus far and he has averaged 10 yards a reception.

With 5 games remaining, he can add at least 100 more recieving for his best career recieving numbers ever.

Then add what BB jr. brings to the run game too.

Explains why Belichick keeps him on the 53 year after year.

I am one of those who goes "NO!" when Bolden enters the game on 3rd down. This is the first year (actually first six weeks) really where I've had to reconsider that stance. I've always appreciated his special teams play and versatility, but it drove me nuts to see him trotting out there when there were more talented players standing around watching. He DOES seem to have somehow gained some elusiveness and better hands. He's always been good in pass protection, which is why he's out there on third down in my opinion.

I'm going to be happy when our injured guys come back and Bolden returns to his normal role, but having him around to spell tired backs and provide critical plays is now something I'm really happy with. He's great value and a glue guy. Deserves a spot in the Patriot HOF.

I am one of those who goes "NO!" when Bolden enters the game on 3rd down. This is the first year (actually first six weeks) really where I've had to reconsider that stance. I've always appreciated his special teams play and versatility, but it drove me nuts to see him trotting out there when there were more talented players standing around watching. He DOES seem to have somehow gained some elusiveness and better hands. He's always been good in pass protection, which is why he's out there on third down in my opinion.

I'm going to be happy when our injured guys come back and Bolden returns to his normal role, but having him around to spell tired backs and provide critical plays is now something I'm really happy with. He's great value and a glue guy. Deserves a spot in the Patriot HOF.
This is only the third year of his career that he's reached triple-digit snaps on offense, and the other two were 2013 and 2015.

Longevity, Super Bowl rings, key plays, special teams importance...ticks a lot of boxes. Don't see any Special Teams players there, although Adam and Matt Slater surely will make it. I mean, Drew is in there for his 8 years of play and no success...probably a bit of a reach.

PS, is Gilmore still playing well? First 2 games with Carolina he had int.s and a pass defensed... since then, none of either. Somebody have a metric for yards and catches allowed?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back