PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Biggest Question Mark On This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Folks have us having between 1 and 3 TE's on the 53. Some would just use a blocking TE for the first four games.

Belichick has a plan. Personally, I don't think that his plan is to give up on the TE position as part of the offense because Gronk retired. TE play has always been important to Belichick, and to the patriots historically. We did well to secure Watson. We should be bringing along a couple of TE's for next year. And yes, TE is a position that we might secure or trade for before Game 2 (along with an OT).

However, if and until Belichick secures a veteran TE, I would rather have 3 than 1 until Watson is ready. I'm Ok with two if both are healthy and Belichick feels that he has had enough time to evaluate their play.

Last edited:
Izzo supposely is the best blocker but IMO he can be successfully waived and end up on the practice squad. Beck also can be stashed on the practice squad.
So I would go with the 2 healthiest until Watson returns.

I think this is biggest you can go on this board.

?

fnord should be added to the list of question marks on this board.

fnord should be added to the list of question marks on this board.

Nah.

fnord is a colon.

Well... at least a semi-colon. ;)

And this was thread worthy why? Where’s your breakdown of the 2-3 guys you want at TE?

They are offsetting this by having four potential receivers over 6’2”. Harry, DT, Josh Gordon, Jacobi Myers.

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

They are offsetting this by having four potential receivers over 6’2”. Harry, DT, Josh Gordon, Jacobi Myers.

I came here to post exactly that.

That is BB's plan for replacing TE production.

I came here to post exactly that.

That is BB's plan for replacing TE production.

Maybe the receptions but not the blocking. Normally that would be prime territory for a swing tackle who deserves playing time, but we don't have one. Besides, you don't want to telegraph the play call by having 5 WR or 6 OL.

I don't see why we would keep anyone besides LaCosse (if healthy) and Izzo (for blocking) unless Saubert turns out much better than advertised. But you definitely need those 2 without Watson.

There must be a " Kyle Van Noy" caliber TE out there to trade for.

You only get one of those every few years and you don't get to choose the position

Kendricks did play the whole game for a reason.

Maybe the receptions but not the blocking. Normally that would be prime territory for a swing tackle who deserves playing time, but we don't have one. Besides, you don't want to telegraph the play call by having 5 WR or 6 OL.

I don't see why we would keep anyone besides LaCosse (if healthy) and Izzo (for blocking) unless Saubert turns out much better than advertised. But you definitely need those 2 without Watson.

The point of the opening post of a thread is often about starting discuss, rather than stating opinions for others to react to.

And this was thread worthy why? Where’s your breakdown of the 2-3 guys you want at TE?

Step 1 is probably to figure out whether LaCosse is back this week or going on IR for the first half of the regular season. I’ve seen both timelines suggested.

My biggest question is why some posters hijack threads as if the rest of us really want to read about 6 pages of semantics.

Maybe the need for a blocking TE is answered by having the FB or other RB do the blocking instead?

The point of the opening post of a thread is often about starting discuss, rather than stating opinions for others to react to.

The point of the title is to summarize the topic of discussion...and yet look what we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back