PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the Best and Worst of Bledsoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 to be 4

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
In the up and down career of Drew Bledsoe, he gave us many highlights, and gave cause to smash in the TV set. What are your top 5 examples of each

The Highs

1. the back to back last moment victories in 1998 at home vs Miami and Buffalo with the busted finger.
2. Minnesota, 1994 A breathtaking performance
3. His play over the first 5 games of 1999. He nearly led a miracle come back at KC that would have made the Patriots 5-0, but Adam blew the kick.
4. 1994, at Buffalo, the 41-17 rout when Drew looked like the next Marino or Aikman
5. The end of the first half of the 2001 AFCC Game in Pittsburgh. The season had already been magical, that TD pass from Drew beat anything Hollywood could come up with. ( and that was after the snow game and before the great SB 36, as time goes on, doesnt 2001 become even more incredible??)

The Broken Television Sets

1. This is the moment Drew becomes Elway...hes finally going to drive the team down in the last minute and win a playoff game....FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1997 at Pittsburgh, the day I gave up the dream Bledsoe ever being the QB I pictured he'd be back in 1994.

2. 3 weeks earlier, the Patriots had battled back from 6-5 to 9-5 and now were about to beat Pittsburgh 21-13 on National TV to go 10-5 and clinch a #2 seed. We have the ball. 2 minutes to go. this game is over.....
INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The home game in 2000 against the Vikes. time for one more play. 4th Down. Drew heaves it into the stands. WHAT??????????

4. 1993, After 5 INTS, Drew still has a chance to win at Pittsburgh. last play. goal line. all hes got to do is lean his frame sorta forward. he goes in straight up and gets stuffed

5. 2001, the whole Jets game before Mo Lewis. I remember thinking. " $103 million we just signed him for. Our only hope is he gets hurt....."

3 to be 4 said:
In the up and down career of Drew Bledsoe, he gave us many highlights, and gave cause to smash in the TV set. What are your top 5 examples of each

The Highs

1. the back to back last moment victories in 1998 at home vs Miami and Buffalo with the busted finger.
2. Minnesota, 1994 A breathtaking performance
3. His play over the first 5 games of 1999. He nearly led a miracle come back at KC that would have made the Patriots 5-0, but Adam blew the kick.
4. 1994, at Buffalo, the 41-17 rout when Drew looked like the next Marino or Aikman
5. The end of the first half of the 2001 AFCC Game in Pittsburgh. The season had already been magical, that TD pass from Drew beat anything Hollywood could come up with. ( and that was after the snow game and before the great SB 36, as time goes on, doesnt 2001 become even more incredible??)

The Broken Television Sets

1. This is the moment Drew becomes Elway...hes finally going to drive the team down in the last minute and win a playoff game....FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1997 at Pittsburgh, the day I gave up the dream Bledsoe ever being the QB I pictured he'd be back in 1994.

2. 3 weeks earlier, the Patriots had battled back from 6-5 to 9-5 and now were about to beat Pittsburgh 21-13 on National TV to go 10-5 and clinch a #2 seed. We have the ball. 2 minutes to go. this game is over.....
INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The home game in 2000 against the Vikes. time for one more play. 4th Down. Drew heaves it into the stands. WHAT??????????

4. 1993, After 5 INTS, Drew still has a chance to win at Pittsburgh. last play. goal line. all hes got to do is lean his frame sorta forward. he goes in straight up and gets stuffed

5. 2001, the whole Jets game before Mo Lewis. I remember thinking. " $103 million we just signed him for. Our only hope is he gets hurt....."

Bledsoe-was always a class guy,
Did what he could,had alot of skills,but was limited in regard to a changing nfl.
Never had mobility,but had a strong arm.
always had class as a team player.
Should still be considered one of the best qb's ever in NE.

I loved the Drew from 93-97 , the 98-01 Drew was I feel , not being pushed, like Parcells did for him.. Belichick came and knew he could not win with Drew, because he knew his limitations.. But from 93 to 97 I felt we were in every game because of Drew Bledsoe, until the games against Pitt... that Kevin henry play, the Vrabel fumble.. something was not right after that..Tickle me Pete was not one to push Bledsoe... For me, as a Pats fan, I will take Brady 1 Grogan 2 and Bledsoe 3... Granted Bledsoe had more gifted ablities, but Grogan had more desire to win than Drew...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST