PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 3rd and 15 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dynasty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I rewatched the play in full speed a bunch of times, and only from the TV angle. I am not an football genious but to me it seems like Mayo is the one that blew the coverage. I could be 100% wrong but that is what it looked like to me. Vrabel was lined up across from Keller and came on a blitz. Mayo dropped back in coverage from his LB position, but seemed like he dropped back too far leaving Keller wide open.

I am not a football genious, it is just what I saw from watching the game full speed, but rewinding. If anyone else has an opinion please feel free to correct me. Maybe a real football analyst already went over the play and knows exactly what went wrong.

I rewatched the play in full speed a bunch of times, and only from the TV angle. I am not an football genious but to me it seems like Mayo is the one that blew the coverage. I could be 100% wrong but that is what it looked like to me. Vrabel was lined up across from Keller and came on a blitz. Mayo dropped back in coverage from his LB position, but seemed like he dropped back too far leaving Keller wide open.

I am not a football genious, it is just what I saw from watching the game full speed, but rewinding. If anyone else has an opinion please feel free to correct me. Maybe a real football analyst already went over the play and knows exactly what went wrong.

Thought the same thing that it was Mayo's or Guyton's man, however I also thought that Vrabel was supposed to chip the tight end on plays like that. Keller was coming off the line way too easy. I remember when McGinest was here, he'd always pop the tight end before coming in on his rush.

Not sure but what I was something Webster said to both Mayo and Guyton made them move from their initial positions.

I don't think anyone would mistake you for a genius - football or otherwise.

I don't think anyone would mistake you for a genius - football or otherwise.

bag.gif

Maybe we should cut him.

Either Vrabel or Dean Pees should get a kick in the nuts for that horrible play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back