PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2023 Draft Binkie Thread

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
It’s that time again, the annual Draft Binkie thread. I think I’ve done this thread a couple of years in a row, so why stop now.

My 1st binkie TE Darnell Washington from Georgia. I REALLY like this dude, he’s massive 6’7” 265, HUGE catch radius, red zone threat, has some athleticism (interested in seeing his combine numbers), and he’s a GREAT blocker. We all know how well BOB creates game plans for TE’s. I definitely think he’ll be utilized more as a pass catcher in the pros than in college. He reminds me of a bigger Martellus Bennett.

Zay Flowers, WR Boston College. I think every Draft fan knows Zay Flowers. Explosive, shifty, great hands, he’d be a perfect slot receiver for the Pat’s offense. Brown, Welker, Edelman. Flowers, could be the next Patriot’s slot beast.

Tank Dell, WR Houston. See above. May even be more shifty and elusive than Flowers. Honestly, I’m not ashamed to admit I’m greedy, and I want BOTH Flowers AND Dell on the Pats. Hell, if Miami can have Waddle and Hill, why can’t we have Flowers and Dell ?

I also like TE Michael Mayer from Notre Dame. Nicknamed Baby Gronk, has excellent hands, also a good blocker. I don’t think he’s as fluid as Gronk was, Gronk had some speed during his early years, but hell, Gronk was a generational TE.

I’ll have some more in the coming days/weeks, who are your Draft Binkies ?

Setting aside needs, trade requirements, etc., I would love to see Bryan Bresee and Christian Barmore terrorizing QBs.

It’s that time again, the annual Draft Binkie thread. I think I’ve done this thread a couple of years in a row, so why stop now.

My 1st binkie TE Darnell Washington from Georgia. I REALLY like this dude, he’s massive 6’7” 265, HUGE catch radius, red zone threat, has some athleticism (interested in seeing his combine numbers), and he’s a GREAT blocker. We all know how well BOB creates game plans for TE’s. I definitely think he’ll be utilized more as a pass catcher in the pros than in college. He reminds me of a bigger Martellus Bennett.

Zay Flowers, WR Boston College. I think every Draft fan knows Zay Flowers. Explosive, shifty, great hands, he’d be a perfect slot receiver for the Pat’s offense. Brown, Welker, Edelman. Flowers, could be the next Patriot’s slot beast.

Tank Dell, WR Houston. See above. May even be more shifty and elusive than Flowers. Honestly, I’m not ashamed to admit I’m greedy, and I want BOTH Flowers AND Dell on the Pats. Hell, if Miami can have Waddle and Hill, why can’t we have Flowers and Dell ?

I also like TE Michael Mayer from Notre Dame. Nicknamed Baby Gronk, has excellent hands, also a good blocker. I don’t think he’s as fluid as Gronk was, Gronk had some speed during his early years, but hell, Gronk was a generational TE.

I’ll have some more in the coming days/weeks, who are your Draft Binkies ?
Are you renting space in my head or vise/versa?? You love all the Prospects I like I'm in total agreement I think we are joined from the hips.:rofl: And If you doubt it look at my posts in the WR and TE threads.:)

Like you I'm greedy have a few.

1) TE Darnell Washington from Georgia.

2) WR Jordon Addison = He' just flat out good Nuff said!

3) WR Tank Dell = I have a man crush on this guy have all the move with speed

4) WR Jalin Hyatt = Terry Glenn Pt.2 Nuff said!

Good thread like it. I watched a lot of Tenn. this year because Herndon was my binky before season. After watching this team, I like Hyatt too. Tougher and quicker than folks give him credit. Made a lot of tough 3rd down catches too. He's not my binky yet. Stanley Morgan a bit to me.
My Binky start of Off-season was Jordan Morgan OT for Arizona, but he's returning to school. Evolving binkies for me. Still early.
Not a Dell guy. Just too small for NFL game.

Binky #1 TE Darnell Washington. Won't shock me if he's our #1 pick. TE-OT-Monster.
#2 OT Blake Freeland not because of Senior Bowl either. This kid is really underrated.

Last edited:
My binkies are usually from my LSU Tigers, but I just don't see any this year. BJ Ojulari was a good player in his career, but he's too much like other LSU edge rushers, tall and light. Think KeKe Mingo and Arden Key.

However, in the 2025 draft, my binkie is definitely Harold Perkins Jr.

For this year, I hope Hendon Hooker lasts until day 3 and we take a flyer on him. So he will be my day 3 binkie this year.

My binkies are usually from my LSU Tigers, but I just don't see any this year. BJ Ojulari was a good player in his career, but he's too much like other LSU edge rushers, tall and light. Think KeKe Mingo and Arden Key.

However, in the 2025 draft, my binkie is definitely Harold Perkins Jr.

For this year, I hope Hendon Hooker lasts until day 3 and we take a flyer on him. So he will be my day 3 binkie this year.
I know he's probably dead to you, but any input on Trey Palmer while he was at LSU before transferring to Nebraska? Seems similar to Jameson Williams' situation where he couldn't get it going at Ohio State, moved to Alabama then BAM.

I know he's probably dead to you, but any input on Trey Palmer while he was at LSU before transferring to Nebraska? Seems similar to Jameson Williams' situation where he couldn't get it going at Ohio State, moved to Alabama then BAM.
I actually don't blame any LSU player for bailing on whatever that was that Ed Orgeron dragged onto the field in the 2020 & 21 seasons. You think Fat Matt was in over his head? As for Trey, I'm glad to see he hit his stride with Nebraska. He didn't stand out at all when he was with LSU, but that may have more to do with our receivers in 2019, and dismal overall team play in the following two seasons.

My next one is Charlie Jones, WR Purdue- Could be our next great slot man, though he gets open deep too, because I think he’s faster than Edelman/Amendola. Bottom line, he just gets open.

Dalton Kincaid TE Utah- This guy is just different, has some burst from the TE position. Catches a ton of footballs. Be interesting to see what he does at the combine, but might be the most explosive TE available. Reminds me of Kittle (hopefully minus the injuries).

Binky change. Probably for awhile.
Devon Witherspoon.
Witherspoon, Jack Jones, and Marques Jones (slot), now were talking.
I watched full games (Michigan, Michigan St., Purdue) and Witherspoon could be generational.
Having a binky abandon you is always tough. My condolences. [Remember: you don't pick binkies; binkies pick you.]

My next one is Charlie Jones, WR Purdue- Could be our next great slot man, though he gets open deep too, because I think he’s faster than Edelman/Amendola. Bottom line, he just gets open.

Dalton Kincaid TE Utah- This guy is just different, has some burst from the TE position. Catches a ton of footballs. Be interesting to see what he does at the combine, but might be the most explosive TE available. Reminds me of Kittle (hopefully minus the injuries).

TE Sam LaPorta
6-4, 2504,70Iowa
Lets not make the same mistake like we made by not Drafting Kittle.

Charlie Jones is built like a RB on his lower end tree trunks for legs he should do well over the middle.

A couple more

Drew Sanders Middle Linebacker Arkansas. 6’5” 235. Not your ideal Patriot’s LB, but I think he can add weight. Started at Alabama (won a championship with Mac in 2020), and transferred to Arkansas. They moved him from edge to stand up linebacker. Though he was a middle linebacker there, they lined him up everywhere, OLB, DLine, etc. Be interesting to see his combine numbers, but my eye test shows and explosive player, always around the ball, 9.5 sacks, 1st team All SEC player, Butkus finalist. We could certainly use some young talent at linebacker.

Hunter Luepke Fullback North Dakota State. 6’1” 235. What I like about him is he’s so versatile. Lined up at fullback, halfback, TE, and even split wide once in a while. He runs hard and low to the ground, is an excellent blocker at FB, and has good hands, saw him make some excellent TE like catches in his career. IF BOB and the Pats go back to a traditional FB, this guy would be a great pick.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back