PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2016 NFL Mock Draft Thread

Realizing that most of the guys I like, Kenny Clark, Jason Spriggs, and A Shawn Robinson will be well off the board before we pick, therefore I am mocking the following:

Round 2 (60)-Ridgeway DT Texas - Not because he was a teammate of Browns, but because of his ability to take on blockers and stand his ground. He is out of shape, but in year 1 he will be rotating with Branch.

Round 2 (61)- Jenkins OLB Georgia - There has to be a reason the Pats have made contact with him so much this offseason.

Round 3 (91)- Haeg OT North Dakota State - Dancing Bear feet.

Round 3 (96 compensatory)- Ward DE Illinois - 5 Technique that can set the edge.

Round 6 (196) - Reynolds RB/WR/KR/QB - BB kind of player. Mr. Versatility.

Round 6 (204) - Powell FS Ohio State - Throwing Urban a bone.

Round 6 (208) (compensatory)- Kwiatkowski LB - Special teams demon in training.

Round 6 (214) (compensatory)- Killebrew SS/LB Southern Utah - Hard hitter and potential special teams demon.

Round 6 (221) (compensatory)- Vitale, FB Northwestern - Jack of all trades, master of none.

Round 7 (243)- Seau LB- Nevada - Purely sentimental BB.

Round 7 (250)- North WR Tenn - Can he be a "Z"?

1. Two safeties? Worse than BB :)
  2. I think you'll be lucky to get Killebrew there.
  3. Disappointed by the lack of a RB
  4. But, love the mock. I'm high on Ward, think he has a lot of upside. We'd be well set up with Ward, Ridgeway and Brown on the DL.

Sticking religiously to CBS.

Round 2 (60) - Sean Davis, DB, Maryland

Round 2 (61) - Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas

Round 3 (91) - Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee

Round 3 (96) - Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas

Round 6 (196) - Keenan Reynolds, RB/WR, Navy

Round 6 (204) - Cody Core, Wr, Ole Miss

Round 6 (208) - Joe Haeg, OT, N Dakota State

Round 6 (214) - Dan Vitale, HB, Northwestern

Round 6 (221) - David Morgan II, TE, Texas San-Antonio

Round 7 (243) - Chris Swain, FB, Navy

Round 7 (250) - Vad Lee, QB, James Madison

Really wanted Bronson Kaufusi but had to prioritise the DT at 61 and if I'd had a 5th round pick, I'd have taken Stephen Anderson.

I don't like Nassib very much, but I'd be fine with the other picks. Not sure Cyrus Jones should go that high, though. I do think he's easy to project in our secondary, but I'd prefer a lineman on either side of the ball that high in the draft.

I had a feeling that he was going to be the pick. He seemed like such a natural projection to our defensive. I just liked other players better. Ah well; let's hope he develops into an excellent slot corner and returner.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back