PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That illegal pick play though

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bad calls other than one weak rtp call did we benefit from??
For me, the fact that they actually made the correct calls in all the replay reviews was a huge upset, as the first 3 were all in favor of the Pats. Yes, we “benefited” from them actually doing their jobs properly, but given the NFL’s history that’s not a guarantee.

For me, the fact that they actually made the correct calls in all the replay reviews was a huge upset, as the first 3 were all in favor of the Pats. Yes, we “benefited” from them actually doing their jobs properly, but given the NFL’s history that’s not a guarantee.

Yeah but the point was about both teams getting bad calls. Why should anyone feel bad for the chiefs over the right call being made? They got shafted on one call i can remember, the rtp on brady. We got shafted on several

I still insist that a website that neutrally keeps track of the refereeing during games (grading calls, no calls, consistency, game-changers etc) would do very well. Every fanbase has issues/interest with the refereeing.

Why was BB irate?

Was that the reason?

Could have been that or it could have been the BS "holding" call on Jackson or the BS DPI call on Jackson.

I laughed pretty hard at Bill throwing the tablet into the stands.

I thought he just threw it behind the benches.. It is about 5 yards from where he was and he had to make sure not to hit anyone on the team

Roughing the passer call on the Chiefs was pure phantom.

Can't really complain. All evened out. What a game.

No it wasn't. The guy made sure that the back of his arm hit Brady's mask well after the ball was thrown. Brady's head get's pushed back and his eyes closed.. Replay showed it clearly.

I felt that they actually got the one on the 2nd Hogan pass incorrect because there was no clear shot of the ball touching the turf.

This was the one that I said to the rest of the Pats fans at the table I was at that the League would overturn despite the evidence. And I was right.

What about Edelman getting a headshot after the interception? How'd the ref miss that?

I was F'in LIVID about that. That should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for an illegal shot to the head. Hell, they could have tossed the Chiefs player. Was it Hitchens who did it?

yeah, this wasn't even by a mile

we got one bad no call/call to go our way
KC got every single other one, and there were a LOT

nfl wanted a rams-chiefs SB, they robbed the saints, and tried to rob us too

The NFL gets their "Depends" in a bunch over the "integrity" of the game, but cannot figure out its rules and how to address bad calls during the game.. Instead of sitting there smiling like a doofus, Goodell should go back to NY and work with a group of NFL coaches and owners to figure out a better way to right these wrongs.. some of this stuff is f....ing ridiculous. It almost seems as the Referee is hesitant to exert his responsibility as he might as the back judge might get butthurt..

Penalties usually even out over a game, but in the Saints game the mistake was obvious, so much so the LA Rams admitted he did it.. you can argue over PI but you cannot argue over helmet to helmet.. The Pick play was also obvious, but fortunately the Pats overcame it..

My pet peeve is JC getting called while brushing them, while they climb on the Pats receivers and ride them like a mule with no calls at all.

The Pats got a break on the roughing the passer call where they thought they hit Brady in the helmet. I mean, it actually did graze his helmet - you could see it move as the hand slid down - but it was so minor that the Pats got a big break there.

But they got screwed on:

- The JC Jackson penalty along the sideline when he was just running stride for stride with the receiver, nothing more.

- The non-holding or DPI penalty against Eric Berry when, from the moment the ball was snapped, he was hanging on to Gronk's jersey for dear life, never once letting go, and no flag in sight.

- The non-DPI penalty on the Dorsett touchdown. He got absolutely mugged - WAY worse than what Jackson did to Kelce. No flag. I do wonder if they'd have thrown it had Dorsett not caught the ball, like maybe the ref kept it in his pocket to see the outcome of the play. If so, I can live with that, but if he really wasn't gonna call DPI...holy smokes.

- The Dorsett OPI penalty. Ok, I can actually live with that one EXCEPT......

- The NON OPI penalty against the Chiefs on the play being discussed in this thread which was FAR more egregious.

So I don't want to hear any whining by Chiefs fans about this game. Tom Jackson saying in the post-game (and we know he hates BB and the Pats) that you "hate" to call an offsides penalty like they did on Ford. Yeah, TJ, the dude was a half yard offsides, and it was OBVIOUS. You can't just pretend that's not happening right in front of everyone. It's different from the Saints-Rams DPI non-call, which is a terrible no-call but that's a bang-bang play in the flow of the action. The offsides call...my god the guy just lined up there and never moved and the ref stared at it for like three or four full seconds. Had to throw the flag there.

Bad but we have to make the switch, no?

Yeah, JMac had to switch up there as well. But honestly, that call goes against the Pats 100% of the time.

The call that really had me steamed, even though it didn't affect the outcome, was that horrible delay of game that was caused by refs refusing to let the Patriots snap the ball!! To rub salt in the wound, the Chiefs had 12 men on the field. That was horrible officiating right there.

the pass int on Jackson was horrendous...great coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back