PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Rodney - it was a good ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb9s

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well the replay looked pretty bad- I had to turn away the second time they played it. Its a shame he was even on the field with such a big lead but we all know BB never takes the foot off the gas. 3 pretty bad injuries in the last 5 yrs....

Last game as a Patriot, huh?

TWO WORDS:

THE END

Rodney is done for his career

Last edited:
Well the replay looked pretty bad- I had to turn away the second time they played it. Its a shame he was even on the field with such a big lead but we all know BB never takes the foot off the gas. 3 pretty bad injuries in the last 5 yrs....

Last game as a Patriot, huh?

Might very well be. Hopefully its just an MCL and he'd be back in 4 to 6 weeks. but it did not look good:(

It maybe a badly twisted Knee let wait till later in the week.

He won't get there. But, should go to Canton. He was the defensive MVP in the
league in 03 and didn't even make the freakin pro bowl. Because the other players
hate him. He'd rather punch you in the mouth than play grab-ass. Thanks for the
memories Rodney. TD Clinching int against Eagles. You played spectacular that
day and could have been the mvp of that game.

Unless Rodney is put on ir we will not no anything.Everyone is either on ir or day to day.

Last edited:

Something was torn there.. be it ligament(s) or meniscus unfortunately. I would bet on it.. See you in the broadcasting booth Rodney. Thanks for being such a great leader and hard hitter (although this year you've been driving me a bit crazy.. sorry...)

He won't get there. But, should go to Canton. He was the defensive MVP in the
league in 03 and didn't even make the freakin pro bowl. Because the other players
hate him. He'd rather punch you in the mouth than play grab-ass. Thanks for the
memories Rodney. TD Clinching int against Eagles. You played spectacular that
day and could have been the mvp of that game.

30/30 Club too.

If it's the end.. I will miss him a lot.

you know what might help Rodney get back........oh man, I can't poke fun at that right now - don't want to walk on his legacy....but you guys know what I am talking about. 3 letters.

Season must be done for sure. I assume career. It was a great run. Canton bound player and great guy.

you know what might help Rodney get back........oh man, I can't poke fun at that right now - don't want to walk on his legacy....but you guys know what I am talking about. 3 letters.

This is horrible to say but if hgh would help Rodney or Brady for that matter get back faster and healthier .....wellll.....
Ethical question here. If an injuried player could get back healthier and sooner would you want them to take hgh if they could do it without getting caught?

Last edited:
Hopefully Rodney will give it one more shot next year when Brady comes back. But, if he doesn't; thanks for everything, Rodney.

Maybe they give John Lynch another shot? Start Meriweather and Sanders and rotate Lynch in?

Man, I hope this wasn't his last game. If it was, though, he gave us some awesome years. Let's just hope for some good news.

This thread makes me want to vomit out of sadness.:(

He was tearing up pretty good on the cart...

If he's done, there goes one of the last true strong safeties left in the league. A throwback, a leader, a personification of the word champion. Anyone who has played on the defensive side of the ball at any level should have tremendous respect for 37.

Last edited:
This is horrible to say but if hgh would help Rodney or Brady for that matter get back faster and healthier .....wellll.....
Ethical question here. If an injuried player could get back healthier and sooner would you want them to take hgh if they could do it without getting caught?

Absolutely. I want our players to be as healthy as possible as soon as possible, provided that it doesn't unfairly enhance performance on the field and it doesn't have any long-term health ramifications.

You could tell that Rodney suspected that his career was done as he was leaving the field.

Thanks Rodney. Big heart, true Patriot.

I think we all know his reputation as a "dirty player" but to me he was always just a guy who played hard and had no off switch. Maybe that's just the Pats colored glasses.

Obviously I'll hold out hope for the best, but it doesn't look good.

The fine work of Meriweather tonight provides me with confidence however.

Absolutely. I want our players to be as healthy as possible as soon as possible, provided that it doesn't unfairly enhance performance on the field and it doesn't have any long-term health ramifications.

I agree. I hope Rodney comes back.

I am actually kicking myself for not going tonight just so I could have applauded him when he was getting carted off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down