PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans/Cowboys Pre-Season Game Cancelled

Cowboys vs. Texans preseason game canceled

Makes me wonder if all Week 4 games should be cancelled for the sake of fairness.

Even though BB probably feels otherwise, the pre-season's too damn long IMHO.

Who knows if they'll even be ready, or if it will be advisable, for them to play at NRG Stadium for their opener on September 10? I wonder if they'd be better off trying to swap out that game against the Jaguars with their road game against them on December 17, and have their home opener be on October 1 against Tennessee? Obviously isn't ideal to open the season with 3 straight road games, but these aren't normal circumstances.

Fairness? Fairness?
Would the owners in the other 15 home stadiums like to cancel their games and return ticket holder money?
Forfeit stadium revenue?
Give back TV money?
Put the thousands of stadium workers relying on a game day check out of work
ET ETC ETC
The PC mentality is %&#*$&*

Who knows if they'll even be ready, or if it will be advisable, for them to play at NRG Stadium for their opener on September 10? I wonder if they'd be better off trying to swap out that game against the Jaguars with their road game against them on December 17, and have their home opener be on October 1 against Tennessee? Obviously isn't ideal to open the season with 3 straight road games, but these aren't normal circumstances.

Great points.

As I understand it, NRG is ok but parts of surrounding area are under water.

I suspect if 90, 610, and 69 are ok they'll play there.

Fairness? Fairness?
Would the owners in the other 15 home stadiums like to cancel their games and return ticket holder money?
Forfeit stadium revenue?
Give back TV money?
Put the thousands of stadium workers relying on a game day check out of work
ET ETC ETC
The PC mentality is %&#*$&*

Sometimes I wonder if certain users get auto-alerted when words like "fair" and "safe" are mentioned so they can swoop in and complain about "PC".

I selfishly don't want Pats-Giants canceled because I need something to zone out to after work tomorrow.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back