PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tedy B: "I still think about" SB42 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the video with the clock really pissed me off. I was "slightly" intoxicated during that game and didnt see the clock not counting down and I've avoided SB 42 stuff since. Did anyone ever bring that up to Pereira? The holding calls were blatantly obvious on the Tyree catch. The league wanted us to lose that game, no question, and we played badly enough to let them take it from us in the end.

Well, what can I say that hasn´t been said already.

The game against the Chargers already left me slightly worried. But the whole thing for me isn´t about the loss but rather how that loss happened.

I will never ever get that last NYG drive out of my head. Sitting there, willing the clock to count down. On the one hand believing that this team surely wouldn´t throw it away anymore, on the other hand watching the Giants continue down after down. And the sheer rollercoaster of feelings when that bastard Manning was sacked about 10 times and for some reason that defies every explanation stays on his feet and launches the football.

FML

However, when the football left his hands I still wouldn´t believe for ONE effing second that the TV picture would show me a NYG near the ball, nevermind catching it on his helmet.

At that point I had to switch off the sound and just watched in utter disbelief. Out of spite I instantly ordered another #12 jersey.

We were meant to lose that game IMO. There is no other explanation, what a freak of a game.

I would like to cosign your entire post. I remember I was on the phone with my dad during that drive and he said "They're going to lose this game." in a disbelieving voice about 15 seconds before the TD. I will never forget that feeling. Ugh. I had almost every game from that season recorded but I deleted each one that night knowing I could never watch any of it again. GOD, IT SUCKED!

I would like to cosign your entire post. I remember I was on the phone with my dad during that drive and he said "They're going to lose this game." in a disbelieving voice about 15 seconds before the TD. I will never forget that feeling. Ugh. I had almost every game from that season recorded but I deleted each one that night knowing I could never watch any of it again. GOD, IT SUCKED!

Believe it or not, I get this feeling in every game where our D gets shredded and the opposing qb manages easy completions. :(

the SB42 is a haze in my mind. The drama that unfolded 24 hours earlier led to a disbelief and rage at the distractions that the team had to undergo and so I feel that something else was going on to prevent a 'tainted' team to win it all the way.

I don't think I would ever watch that game and the Colts loss in the AFCC game a few seasons back. Feel wretched.

I wonder if the players and coaches pause to think about those games during the current season and try to keep those as a motivational tool. For eg: someone posted the picture of Wes; IMO, seeing that pic now would make Wes ensure that he does everything possible not to be in that situation again.

But hey, a new season is about to start and let me know focus on cheering them!!

GO PATS!!

Such is the fate of a warrior. One of the one hand lies the greatest glory...immortal, transcendental, heavenly. One the other hand lies the deepest despair...utterly devastating, heart breaking, soul wrenching.

In order to taste the glory, the warrior must be prepared to embrace either outcome. For he who cannot bear the pain of defeat, does not deserve the glory that victory brings.

Our 53 warriors, their generals, and their staff were well aware of this when they strode into the arena at Glendale. But it was too much, even for the vaunted Patriots. The demons of spygate, the curses of the entire football nation, the taunts of the media whores, the meddling of fork-tongued politicians, the treachery of opportunists with silver in their eyes, the incompetence or outright dishonesty of the officials who chose to look the other way. In the end, the Gods chose not to bestow the greatest victory upon the greatest army.

There are many others, who have tasted the bitter pill of glory so mercilessly snatched. The Vikings, who have always failed within inches of the prize. The Bills, who fell four times in a row. The wretched Jets, who have wallowed in misery for forty years. And many other nations, too lowly to have even stepped foot inside the greatest arena.

Sports fans are akin to the warrior's family. The fans do not step into battle. But their minds, hearts, and spirits are right there with the warrior, every single time. They share their triumphs and failures alike. They pray his safety, they revels in his achievements, shed tears on his losses. But most of all, what the true fans share with the true warrior...is the eternally relentless pursuit of glory. As the warrior proudly rises up, dusts up his coat of arms, pays no concern to his wounds or battles past, and marches back into the battlefield with renewed vigor and ambition...so marches with him the support, hopes, and prayers of his fans.

Such is the fate of the warrior.

Owl Shytte.

I was BELLOWING for that A Hole to yank Martinez.

BELLOWING.

It was 100% foreseeable.

I and a house full of people were bellowing along with you. Hind site my arse.

easy to say in hindsight that it was a crap decision. If he kept Pedro in and they won, he would be a genius. **** happens, he made the call and it didn't work. People like to act like it was insanely horrible and that they could manage better (people in general, not you). It was PEDRO MARTINEZ, if he says he's good, he's stays IMO.

It's very easy to say in hindsight because the question at that moment was to leave a tiring Peety in or not. He left him in and he got lit. That we know.

I'm not dwelling on the decision/non-decision by Grady. It was just a very disappointing loss.

Just like the memories from 2001, 2003, 2004 make things a little better for Tedy, 2004 makes 2003 a little easier to think about.

Although 2007 was the ultimate lost opportunity. Up there with the 85 Hoyas and 91 UNLV Rebs. Perfection lost....

Last edited:
Such is the fate of a warrior. One of the one hand lies the greatest glory...immortal, transcendental, heavenly. One the other hand lies the deepest despair...utterly devastating, heart breaking, soul wrenching.

In order to taste the glory, the warrior must be prepared to embrace either outcome. For he who cannot bear the pain of defeat, does not deserve the glory that victory brings.

Our 53 warriors, their generals, and their staff were well aware of this when they strode into the arena at Glendale. But it was too much, even for the vaunted Patriots. The demons of spygate, the curses of the entire football nation, the taunts of the media whores, the meddling of fork-tongued politicians, the treachery of opportunists with silver in their eyes, the incompetence or outright dishonesty of the officials who chose to look the other way. In the end, the Gods chose not to bestow the greatest victory upon the greatest army.

There are many others, who have tasted the bitter pill of glory so mercilessly snatched. The Vikings, who have always failed within inches of the prize. The Bills, who fell four times in a row. The wretched Jets, who have wallowed in misery for forty years. And many other nations, too lowly to have even stepped foot inside the greatest arena.

Sports fans are akin to the warrior's family. The fans do not step into battle. But their minds, hearts, and spirits are right there with the warrior, every single time. They share their triumphs and failures alike. They pray his safety, they revels in his achievements, shed tears on his losses. But most of all, what the true fans share with the true warrior...is the eternally relentless pursuit of glory. As the warrior proudly rises up, dusts up his coat of arms, pays no concern to his wounds or battles past, and marches back into the battlefield with renewed vigor and ambition...so marches with him the support, hopes, and prayers of his fans.

Such is the fate of the warrior.

Umm...

Can we get this PermaLinked, or something?

EXQUISITE.

That's cliche city up there & you want it permalinked, huh?

Well, here's another cliche fer ya then-

There's no accounting for taste. Jeebus.

Asante, man, I still can't believe you dropped that ball..

I can't even watch highlights of this game. I close the TV whenever something about it pops up, otherwise this intense pressure instantly grabs hold of my heart. I hadn't thought about it for a long time and going through this thread didn't feel good at all. I never want to see that Seau picture again.

would have rather lost to anyone but New York, WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THEM?

We had the Yankee choke on them and they get this a few years later? What the hell?

18 wins and one GIANT loss.

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results