PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TeamExchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainzo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Obviously this is my first post here but I feel the need to vent a little.

I have had season tickets since 1992 and welcomed the ability to buy (I never sell regular season or playoff tickets) tickets through the Pats website when the Pats started the program a couple of years ago.

What ticks me off is that I can't sell my preseason tickets on TicketExchange. The Pats charge the same $125 per ticket for the these games as they do the regular season games but do not allow me to sell those tickets.

Not to mention that they schedule at least one of the games on either a Thursday or Friday night at 7 or 8. Living in Stoneham a trip down 128 or 93 on a Friday afternoon/evening in the summer is not something I look forward to.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

BTW: I have 3 season tickets so I pay $750 for the preseason games without a legal way to sell them. I end up giving them away to friends as I can't justify asking them to fork over $125 per ticket.

Other than that beef I'm very much looking forward to the season!

You can sell them on ebay. You will probably have to sell them for less than face value, but it is better than nothing.

http://shop.ebay.com/patriots-tickets_W0QQ_nkwZpatriotsQ20tickets

Not an option for me.

The Pats monitor the ebays and stubhubs of the world.

I would never sell my tickets to someone I don't know as the Pats would revoke my season tickets if the person who bought my tickets got in trouble at the game.

The Pats hold all the cards and people like me are easily expendable as there is an eager fan on the waiting list ready to snap up my season tickets.

That is the reason people who don't go to games ***** about the atmosphere at Gillette. Every season ticket holder is worried about having their season tickets revoked if they happen to stand up on 3rd down or drop the occasional F bomb.

Last edited:
Are there no season ticket holders here or is everyone afraid of bashing the Krafts for a policy that screws over season ticket holders?

Are there no season ticket holders here or is everyone afraid of bashing the Krafts for a policy that screws over season ticket holders?

How exactly are you getting "screwed" over?

Your tickets cost you $1250 each for the whole season. That's the price. If you don't like, don't buy them. There's a waiting list behind you.

If it really drives you crazy thinking you're getting ripped off by paying $125 each for the preseason games, just pretend they are free and the other games cost you $156 instead of $125. If the patriots said that season tickets from now on would cost you $156 for the 8 regular season games and would be free for preseason, would you still buy them?

Not for nothing, but I think the defeaning silence you hear has to do a lot more with people not sympathizing with your "plight" than with people disagreeing that the Krafts are "screwing" people over.

Your tickets cost you $1250 each for the whole season. That's the price. If you don't like, don't buy them. There's a waiting list behind you.

If it really drives you crazy thinking you're getting ripped off by paying $125 each for the preseason games, just pretend they are free and the other games cost you $156 instead of $125. If the patriots said that season tickets from now on would cost you $156 for the 8 regular season games and would be free for preseason, would you still buy them?

Not for nothing, but I think the defeaning silence you hear has to do a lot more with people not sympathizing with your "plight" than with people disagreeing that the Krafts are "screwing" people over.

My tickets cost $125 each and I have 3 of those. Each game costs me $375. I have no problem with that at all but charging me $750 dollars for 2 games I will never attend is bull.

Why can't I sell my preseason tickets to people on the waiting list? There must be 40,000 to 50,000 people on the waiting list nowadays who would happily snap up those tickets.

Obviously this is my first post here but I feel the need to vent a little.

I have had season tickets since 1992 and welcomed the ability to buy (I never sell regular season or playoff tickets) tickets through the Pats website when the Pats started the program a couple of years ago.

What ticks me off is that I can't sell my preseason tickets on TicketExchange. The Pats charge the same $125 per ticket for the these games as they do the regular season games but do not allow me to sell those tickets.

Not to mention that they schedule at least one of the games on either a Thursday or Friday night at 7 or 8. Living in Stoneham a trip down 128 or 93 on a Friday afternoon/evening in the summer is not something I look forward to.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

BTW: I have 3 season tickets so I pay $750 for the preseason games without a legal way to sell them. I end up giving them away to friends as I can't justify asking them to fork over $125 per ticket.

Other than that beef I'm very much looking forward to the season!
That's the way it is. If you don't like it, there are tens of thousands on the waiting list. Suck it up.

Actually, I agree that they are stinkers, not just in not allowing you to sell your preseason tickets, but just the fact that they charge the same price for them as regular season tickets, and then they don't allow you legally to sell the regular seaon tix for a premium to offset having to eat preseason tickets that you can't attend or sell off at any reasonable fraction of face value. But unfortunately, with the long waiting list, they control the market and can dictate such terms.

I've come up with a way to "dump" my preseason tickets myself. I typically go to about 5 of the 8 regular season games a year. What I do is package each pair of my preseason tickets with a pair of regular season tickets and advertise them for sale at face value. Typically, the person buying my tickets doesn't give a hoot about preseason, but is willing to buy them at face value in order to get their hands on a pair of regular season tickets. Everything is totally legal because, as I say, I sell them for face value. They would be hypocrites if they gave me a hard time.

... If it really drives you crazy thinking you're getting ripped off by paying $125 each for the preseason games, just pretend they are free and the other games cost you $156 instead of $125...
Except... that you would also lose your tickets if they caught you selling them to others for that price. That's the catch. By any sense of reasonable fair trade, preseason tickets should not carry a face value anywhere near that of a regular season ticket.

My tickets cost $125 each and I have 3 of those. Each game costs me $375. I have no problem with that at all but charging me $750 dollars for 2 games I will never attend is bull.

Why can't I sell my preseason tickets to people on the waiting list? There must be 40,000 to 50,000 people on the waiting list nowadays who would happily snap up those tickets.
Because, allowing people on the waiting list to buy your preseason tickets would devalue the regular season tickets, which hits the nail on the head in terms of the hyprocrisy of the system.

Except... that you would also lose your tickets if they caught you selling them to others for that price. That's the catch. By any sense of reasonable fair trade, preseason tickets should not carry a face value anywhere near that of a regular season ticket.

Exactly. Thanks for being the voice of reason here.

I have been to 1 preseason game in the last 9 years. The only reason I went was to sit in my new seats at Gillette in 2002.

Not an option for me.

The Pats monitor the ebays and stubhubs of the world.

I would never sell my tickets to someone I don't know as the Pats would revoke my season tickets if the person who bought my tickets got in trouble at the game.

The Pats hold all the cards and people like me are easily expendable as there is an eager fan on the waiting list ready to snap up my season tickets.

That is the reason people who don't go to games ***** about the atmosphere at Gillette. Every season ticket holder is worried about having their season tickets revoked if they happen to stand up on 3rd down or drop the occasional F bomb.

That is gross hyperbole.
However, I think it's wise NOT to sell your seats to strangers as they could get drunk, get tossed and YOU lose your seats forever.

What frosts me is that many seats ARE sold on EBay and seemingly, privileged corporate offenders get away with it. My season ticket buddy and I have been repeatedly harrassed by security as we arrive at our front row seats which are legit. When we told them that other seats around us were bought on EBay, security could not have cared less. I don't know why.

That is gross hyperbole.
However, I think it's wise NOT to sell your seats to strangers as they could get drunk, get tossed and YOU lose your seats forever.

What frosts me is that many seats ARE sold on EBay and seemingly, privileged corporate offenders get away with it. My season ticket buddy and I have been repeatedly harrassed by security as we arrive at our front row seats which are legit. When we told them that other seats around us were bought on EBay, security could not have cared less. I don't know why.

The seats next to me are owned by a ticket agency. There are different people sitting next to me every game. When I happen to drop an F bomb or have the audacity to stand up on 3rd down they always call security.

I'm just thankful that most of the people I sit around have known me since 2002.

Last edited:

It's all well and good for you to make these comments as you live 3000 miles away. I can't pretend that the preseason games are "free" as I fork over $750.

If you want to jump on a plane and fly out here I would happily offer you my tickets for face value.

It's all well and good for you to make these comments as you live 3000 miles away. I can't pretend that the preseason games are "free" as I fork over $750.

What does this have to do with anything?

I'm a baseball and football season ticket holder and I pay for preseason games that I don't go to or give away the tickets for, just as you do. It's part of the price that I pay to have access to excellent seats and playoff priority. I do it and there isn't even hardly a waiting list for the Cardinals and the Diamondbacks, like there is for the Patriots.

I just don't understand what you're complaining about -- the Patriots make you buy something you can't sell for the price they sell it for in order for you to have the right to buy season tickets. So? Don't buy them. The notion that you have some absolute right to sell your tickets for what you buy them for or that you're being "screwed" if the patriots put conditions on the purchase of a sparse commodity is absurd. Don't buy if you don't like the deal. Nobody is making you.

Last edited:
Hey Gainzo I totally agree with you. The Krafts treat the average Joe very poorly in todays day and age. You fans that disagree can go stick it where the sun don't shine. It is total BS that my family cannot sell our preseason crap game tickets legally through the Pats website. And yes we live in constant fear of losing our seats. Remember the snow game against the Phins? I did not throw any snow since I assumed I would lose our seats. They have cameras set up in the stadium you know.

This has been discussed before. The stadium was built exclusively for the club and corporate ticket holders. The bathroom lines for the regular fans are just as long as before. Also the concessions are still JV.

Please spare me the "oh if it is so bad then I'll take your seats BS". I still enjoy watching the team play. I still enjoy the few real fans that are left. Especially in the upper deck where we sit. If you were so much of a fan you would have put your name on the waiting list back when we did, so go s##k it!

Oh yeah one more thing. It ticks me off to no end that some "fans" sell there seats on eBay etc. I follow the rules and miss out on making money. I have to feed my family the old fashioned way, by going to work everyday.

The best season ticket in the world: My couch.:singing: I MUCH prefer to watch NFL games on television, I don't think they are nearly as captivating in person, unless of course you are inside the two 30's, less than 50 rows up.

Last edited:
I have always been able to sell my preseason tickets but like anything else you have to work at it. I have a friend who works for a company that gives him an expense account to entertain clients. Even tough they are preseason games the seats are excellent (sec 132) and he never has a problem paying full price because he's not paying the company is. Believe me it is always a happy day when he sends me the $500 for the two games. My question to you is what is your reaction going to be when he raises our seat prices to $150 per after winning the SB this year? :eek:

I really don't care. I just feel privileged to have season tickets (even if I can't use them right now) and toi be lucky enough to afford them!! I just look at the total cost and it is what it is, I don't divide them by game. Honestly, they could triple the prices for the preseasn games and I wouldn't make a peep. I'm just honored to feel like a part of the Pats community.

LOL Patjew,

Yes that's the way I keep it "clean" on this site. We've had this disagreement before. And my opinion is still the same. But I will continue to make all the games I can. It would be nice to have a bit more "customer" service. After all we are the customers here. And yes I appreciate the Kraft's efforts to put the best team on the field for my entertainment. But the fact that I couldn't sell my tickets like every other fan can in the league. and the fact that scalpers make $1,000 of dollars, and the fact that the team takes season ticket holders superbowl tickets to "sell" to travel agencies is a huge slap in the face to me. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST