PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post was a comment, in jest, about your somewhat strong reaction to a personal, non-football opinion.

My second post was clearly a joke about your own personal subsequent detailed observations and analysis regarding Brady's physique.

Two completely different issues.

And now you're saying I've "chimed in twice with this discussion". Is that not allowed? Or am I only allowed to chime in when I agree with whatever someone else is saying, and how they are saying it? That standard didn't seem to apply to your initial comment. But maybe there's a secret inner circle level of PatsFan membership to which I'm not privy. :)
I wonder if this ever has happened to you: you're at a social gathering having an interesting, detailed chat with someone and some goof who thinks he's an automatic laugh machine interrupts with a "hilarious" joke at your expense. Then the conversation gets derailed as "funny guy" takes over.

As the board's self-appointed court jester it's important that you discern whether someone truly is taking himself/herself too seriously or just trying to make a serious point. Had you earnestly joined in the chat sans memes, videos, pointed jabs cloaked in j/k and smilies, that would've been A-OK with me -- even to the point of strenuous disagreement. Your actual approach can be construed as passive-aggressiveness despite the "just kidding" qualifier, whether you intend it that way or not.

Last edited:
Not "unauthorized," just uninformed. If he was built the way she preferred, he wouldn't be the GOAT.

I think his brain is the reason he wins, but it's possible that with a little more muscle he might have won another SB. Nobody really knows for sure.

I think his brain is the reason he wins, but it's possible that with a little more muscle he might have won another SB. Nobody really knows for sure.

Totally disagree. With a little more muscle he wouldn't be Tom Brady. You know, that qb who's considered the GOAT by pretty much everyone whose opinion matters. More muscle mass doesn't make you a better athlete. Size does not always equal strength. And strength is only ONE small component of being an athlete. I'm 65, 160 lbs, and even now I guarantee I can deliver a more powerful punch than a sculpted 250 lb bodybuilder, who doesn't know anything about boxing.
Throwing a football at an elite level, much like pitching, requires fluidity. Long,flexible muscles usually can throw either a football or baseball with greater velocity than short,beefed-up bodybuilder muscles, which are mostly just for show. Just sayin'.

I wonder if this ever has happened to you: you're at a social gathering having an interesting, detailed chat with someone and some goof who thinks he's an automatic laugh machine interrupts with a "hilarious" joke at your expense. Then the conversation gets derailed as "funny guy" takes over. That guy is you.

What if you were at a different social gathering... where this Pats fan you like started a conversation about Tom Brady's training. Next, a young lady with whom you're not familiar, but who seems nice enough, commented about how Tom's physique isn't exactly her cup of tea. Now, it was a little off-topic, but you don't hear many ladies saying negative things about TB's looks, so you thought it was interesting. Then this other guy, long-term poster here with whom you've never had a quarrel that you know of, asked her to clarify why she feels that way... she did... and he kinda jumped down her throat. It was a little unpleasant... and in that instance, kind of arrogant and condescending. Some might even see it as sexist, but maybe he'd have reacted the same way to a guy saying that, so you don't know.

Maybe if it wasn't a lady posting, you wouldn't have said anything. But the behavior just seemed ungallant. You just thought this should be pointed out to him... but you didn't want to jump ugly on him since you'd not seen him behave this way before, that you can recall... so you attempt to acknowledge it gently, but directly, with humor.

That's the gathering I was at.

What if you were at a different social gathering... where this Pats fan you like started a conversation about Tom Brady's training. Next, a young lady with whom you're not familiar, but who seems nice enough, commented about how Tom's physique isn't exactly her cup of tea. Now, it was a little off-topic, but you don't hear many ladies saying negative things about TB's looks, so you thought it was interesting. Then this other guy, long-term poster here with whom you've never had a quarrel that you know of, asked her to clarify why she feels that way... she did... and he kinda jumped down her throat. It was a little unpleasant... and in that instance, kind of arrogant and condescending. Some might even see it as sexist, but maybe he'd have reacted the same way to a guy saying that, so you don't know.

Maybe if it wasn't a lady posting, you wouldn't have said anything. But the behavior just seemed ungallant. You just thought this should be pointed out to him... but you didn't want to jump ugly on him since you'd not seen him behave this way before, that you can recall... so you attempt to acknowledge it gently, but directly, with humor.

Along with self-designated court jester, you're also the arbiter of gallantry and propriety? Now that IS funny! :D But thanks for at least responding in writing instead of meme/video/pointed "humor."

Here's what might be considered arrogant and condescending: jumping into a discussion that did not involve you and errantly deriding the intentions of someone involved -- actually inviting others to do the same -- vs. thoughtfully addressing the TOPIC being discussed. You were way, way off base in making it personal. And everything you're saying proves my point of your original passive-aggressive intent dishonestly qualified as "just kidding." You do that a lot here at the expense of others. But go ahead and laugh away, since you apparently are gifted with the ability to call B.S. from On High. ;)

P.S.: A post is a post, female or male. I responded to the PERSON'S post and discussion evolved from there, gender had nothing to do with it on my end. So cut the PC bleating about sexism. What you mischaracterize as "kinda jumped down her throat" simply was my take on the subject which I find interesting and felt compelled to share, your judgment notwithstanding.

Last edited:
Can I post an "OMG who pissed in Tunes cornflakes" meme? I'm kind of afraid to.

Love you Tune but wow.
Yeah, sometimes things escalate unnecessarily and I'll own my part of it. I just have a sore spot for disingenuousness where judging the poster supersedes the topic being discussed. On top of that I've been having a pretty rough last few days which might've unconsciously upped the angst factor. No harm intended.

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes things escalate unnecessarily and I'll own my part of it. I just have a sore spot for disingenuousness where judging the poster supersedes the topic being discussed. On top of that I've been having a rough last few days which might've unconsciously upped the angst factor. No harm was intended.

You're a good guy Tune. I've done my share of escalating in the past and it was because of some bad days and in one situation you saved me from going too far with a particular troll. Definitely no harm done.

Let's go shred some Jete. Haha

Have a good one Tune.

I too did not intend for this thread to be derailed by what I posted, or have deep offense taken at my words or images. So for that I also do apologize. Especially to @long distance , who must be looking at his thread and saying, 'What the hell?!?!?!"

However, just for the sake of clarity, and full transparency, I must disclose that despite my brief suspension of such activity on this thread, I am still contractually obligated to the GAMBOTUSA.... that's the "GIF And Meme Brotherhood Of The United States Of America."

So...

...yeah. ;)

You the Man, Brother Rover.
beer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back