PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: T.Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills (merged)

He had 67 cathes and 687 yards, dont get to excited. Im not saying Welker isnt a top notch reciever, but he is not Owens. Owens is one of the best game breakers and changers the NFL has ever seen. Its not an insult to Welker (who agian, is great in his own right), it is a compliment to Owens.

Owens is not exactly the best of route runners. Actually-he's not a very good route runner. He thrives in the WCO b/c it gives receivers the freedom to freelance all they want. But when he's in more traditional offenses, receivers are required to run very precise and crisp routes. In Dallas last year, Owens' route running was just Epic Fail-like. As a matter of fact-in 2006, even Drew Bledsoe said how Owens had no clue where to go, and as a result, he had a hard time finding him.

As for beating the press coverage, he's actually pretty good at it. However-when there are games where you get to him early and often, he gets frustrated and loses heart as the game goes on.

He had 67 cathes and 687 yards, dont get to excited. Im not saying Welker isnt a top notch reciever, but he is not Owens. Owens is one of the best game breakers and changers the NFL has ever seen. Its not an insult to Welker (who agian, is great in his own right), it is a compliment to Owens.

yeah?

how'd this historic game changer's team do last year?
maybe they just couldn't surround him w/the kind of talent the bills have.....

yeah?

I have a feeling Romo's injury may have kept them out of the playoffs. I dont like T.O. either. But saying Welker is better then him is a complete homer view and simply untrue.

I have a feeling Romo's injury may have kept them out of the playoffs. I dont like T.O. either. But saying Welker is better then him is a complete homer view and simply untrue.

Honestly-I thought Pacman did more damage than TO last year, prolly much more. At one point, we were 4-1 going into a big NFC game @Arizona. It was also the same week Pacman got into a scuffle with his own bodyguard at a late night Mark Wahlberg party. Instead of preparing for the game, the coaches AND players had to constantly answer questions from both the national and local sports media all week long. And it didn't help either that Jethro, instead of stepping in to take action himself, kept acting like a Pacman-apologist.

Ultimately, even though the loss was a nailbiting, OT loss, it was BUTT-ugly for us all game long...just a comedy of errors from multiple penalties to poor OL play to worse ST play to awful tackling(one of which kept Zona in the game when it appeared we were in control) to missed assignments(one of which lead to the Romo injury in OT)...as you can see, we just weren't mentally ready for the game.

THIS was prolly the turning point of our season. Sure, we got on a roll for a bit after the blowout Rams loss the week after, but nonetheless, it was THIS game that set the tone for the rest of the year.

yeah?

His team ended with the same record as the Arizona Cardinals in the regular season who have Larry Fitzgerald. I guess that guy sucks too. The Houston Texans finished worse so Andre Johnson is horrible as well. The Pats missed the playoffs too so Randy Moss sucks. Great point.

The Bills went to four Super Bowls without winning, but it will be this.... the signing of Terrell Owens that will give them the Super Bowl. Despite not having made the playoffs in 9 seasons, and having an average QB at best.

Bills fans are delusional.

The Bills went to four Super Bowls without winning, but it will be this.... the signing of Terrell Owens that will give them the Super Bowl. Despite not having made the playoffs in 9 seasons, and having an average QB at best.

Bills fans are delusional.

Let's cut them some slack-it's been awfully rough for their fans since those 4 Super Bowls. Doug Flutie getting shafted, Music City Miracle, incompetent coaches...at least this gives them something to cheer...which is saying ALOT.

Smell that? Somewhere Ellis Hobbs just shat himself. ;)

His team ended with the same record as the Arizona Cardinals in the regular season who have Larry Fitzgerald. I guess that guy sucks too. The Houston Texans finished worse so Andre Johnson is horrible as well. The Pats missed the playoffs too so Randy Moss sucks. Great point.

AHAHAHAHA......!!!!

so, you're comparing randy moss leading the pats to 11 wins despite losing their all world qb for the season, losing half the defense, and all their rb's, to owens' 1 game above .500 team?

LOL....nice comparison.

like I said, lucky for owens he'll be surrounded by talent on the bills that he could only dream about in dallas.

if he's such a historic game changer, why was a team that couldn't even make the playoffs so eager to get rid of his sorry ass?

AHAHAHAHA......!!!!

so, you're comparing randy moss leading the pats to 11 wins despite losing their all world qb for the season, losing half the defense, and all their rb's, to owens' 1 game above .500 team?

LOL....nice comparison.

like I said, lucky for owens he'll be surrounded by talent on the bills that he could only dream about in dallas.

if he's such a historic game changer, why was a team that couldn't even make the playoffs so eager to get rid of his sorry ass?

I think the poster's point that you really can't use this "You can't win anything with Owens" as a decent gauge.

Larry Fitzgerald is a good example-he's one of the few WRs who's ego-less, so where's his ring? Didn't Dan "Nice Guy" Marino and his fellow "Marks Brothers" go ring-less their entire careers?

On the flip side, didn't Peyton throw his OL under the bus after losing to the Steelers in the playoffs? Hasn't Meshawn been cancer his entire career? How the heck do those 2 bozos have rings?

I agree completely Owens isn't worth even having around, but to say he was even the least bit responsible for various playoff losses in his career is ludicrous. Why don't people at least give the Pats credit and their due for beating the Eagles in that Super Bowl, instead of trying to debate if Owens' presence in it may/may not have affected the Eagles?

T.O. is a good WR no doubt, however, I would take Welker over him any day of the week and that is not being a homer. Welker has had 225 catches, over 2300 yards, and 11TD's in only 2 years. Would had more TD's but we all know who ate them up. A good WR is the one who moves the chains and keeps drives alive. TO had more drops than any other WR. If it weren't for the standing on the star, sharpie pen, popcorn, ect...much like Ocho Cinco, TO would be known as an average WR.

TJ, Bolquin, Fitz, Moss, Smith to name a few are far more dangerous. Good for the Bills. It will make beating them much more sweeter seeing TO pissed on the side lines everytime Moss scores a touchdown.

I am glad we didn't sign T.O., but he is far from an "average" receiver. He doesn't possess the perfect route running skills or the best hands, but the dude can get open, and when he's got the ball in his hands, he is dangerous.

I am excited that we get to beat up on him, but he is a very dangerous weapon wherever he is, and he will be in Buffalo.

I had to say I was "shocked" when I got home last night and turned to the NFL Network to see T.O's press conference. Mind you I didn't expect to see him sign with the Pats but Buffalo makes no sense to me.

It makes me wonder if the Bills offered more money than any other team.

Still wouldn't he want a chance to win a SuperBowl over a payday? Will we ever find out if the Pats made a offer?

wow, Juron, has really stepped up his game....... Instead of waiting til mid November to implode, he's decided to move that date up to March. This is a terrible signing for the Bills. T.O. will try to be on his best behavior, but I just do not see any tearful "That's my quarterback" moments out of him in Buffalo.

Edwards hasn't shown me that he has any leadership that might be able to control him. Shows how desperate Buffalo really is.

Last edited:
And if Edwards gets hurt, Harvard graduate and back up QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will have to keep him in line. My wife joked to me that Edwards was probably home last night having a stiff drink!

Last edited:
You can have all the talent in the world, heck-you can have THE ULTIMATE Fantasy Football team...but Botton Line-Wins have to be EARNED. Especially in this NEW NFL full of parody, wins are becoming awfully harder to come by.

Thanks for the new sig!

I am glad we didn't sign T.O., but he is far from an "average" receiver. He doesn't possess the perfect route running skills or the best hands, but the dude can get open, and when he's got the ball in his hands, he is dangerous.

I am excited that we get to beat up on him, but he is a very dangerous weapon wherever he is, and he will be in Buffalo.

I don't think we have the defense to "beat up on him"...I do not see Deltha O'Neal, Wilhite, Hobbs, Sanders, or Wheatley being able to cover this guy. Let's face it. TO is what he is. He's fast, he's big, he gets open, he makes plays. See the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. A locker room cancer? Sure. But man can he make plays. Haven't we learned anything about our own "cancer" that came to Foxborough a few years back? Moss was supposed to be some idiot, loser, whining jerk. He turned his act around and is now one of the greatest receivers in the NFL. If anything, I see TO as a MAJOR upgrade to the Bills offense, regardless if Tom Brady or Cleo Lemon is throwing the guy the ball. Fact is, the Bills got better while our defense has remained the same, if not gotten worse this offseason.

Can't wait for the draft to make some moves because the Jets got a lot better on defense and the Bills now have a stud playmaker. In BB We Trust.

I don't think we have the defense to "beat up on him"...I do not see Deltha O'Neal, Wilhite, Hobbs, Sanders, or Wheatley being able to cover this guy. Let's face it. TO is what he is. He's fast, he's big, he gets open, he makes plays. See the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.
O'Neal is not on roster.

Super Bowl 39: Owens - 9 catches, 122 yds, no scores while playing with a bad leg and working against Randal Gay, a solid yet unspectacular CB who spent most of his time as a reserve for NE. I'm truly not worried about Owens against Hobbs & Co. - it's not like they never get to work against decent WRs.

Last edited:

Wow, Bills fans seem to expect a lot from a 35 year old receiver! (even if he is one of the best)

Bills O-Coordinator must have his work cut out next year, TO will throw a massive strop if he doesn't see the majority of passes his way

I'm a Bills fan.

Over the past 2 seasons, T.O. has caught one less touchdown pass than our entire team combined. He's caught more touchdown passes than ANYBODY over the past three seasons. His numbers were better than Lee Evans' last year and almost the exact same as your boy, Randy Moss. Say what you want about him, but the man can still play football at a very high level and put points on the board.

T.O. is going into his 14th season. Jerry Rice went to Oakland in his 17th season and played at a high level there for a couple of years, actually helping them to the Super Bowl in his 18th season in the league. He played 21 years. My point is not that the Bills are now going to the Super Bowl, but that top-notch receivers can last a long time if they keep themselves properly conditioned, which T.O. does. Anybody that thinks that our team isn't instantly better by having T.O. is crazy. Better than they were.

I never really cared for T.O., but I'm glad the Bills got him. The perception of him (especially in the media) is probably worse than what he actually does. The media waits for him to do ANYTHING, and they love to blow things out of proportion. He IS a prima donna and a media hound, but he is more than capable of behaving himself for one year on a new team. If the Bills win, there shouldn't be a problem. If the Bills lose, who cares anyway? If the Bills lose, I hope he DOES start screaming at people. It would be entertaining, and I've wanted to scream at these people for quite some time.

As far as our division goes, the Pats are still the team to beat. With our difficult schedules, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the only team in the AFC East that makes the playoffs is the team that wins the division. There won't be a wildcard IMO. Not with these schedules. I don't know why people consider the Jets better than the Bills; had Losman not inexplicably fumbled the ball at the end of the game against the Jets, the Bills and the Jets would have ended with the same record of 8-8. Now the Jets don't have a QB. The Fins just plain don't scare me. If the Bills can stay healthy and not beat themselves, which they did quite often last year, we will at least compete against the Dolphins and Jets and will at least split the games with them. We swept them both 2 years ago. Losman played terribly last year, and we didn't really give a chance in 4 games. He's gone.

If we can manage to pick up quality players in our remaining positions of need (G, TE, DE, LB, maybe C), we have a good a chance as anybody if we can beat you guys once...finally. We still have a young team that needs to learn how to win. Don't count us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes