PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Winning QB Trend?

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I can't help but notice that the last two Super Bowls were won by two QBs playing in their first year with a new organization.

In both cases, Tom Brady and Matt Stafford, are two veterans of the league but it's still impressive considering the QB has to...
1.) Learn a new playbook
2.) Adapt to new OC and Head Coach
3.) Adapt to new receivers

It's rather impressive that both were able to accomplish this.

Does Aaron Rodgers leave Green Bay and make it three years in a row? I hope not.

Yes, it is, however, both teams were completely stacked and missing only a qb to push the team to the next level. I am not sure if it is more of an indication how good the two QB's are, or if it shows how important the team as a whole is, and that even a great qb can't succeed without a great team behind them.

deleted- mistake

Rodgers to Pittsburgh is a no brainer, but if he lands in Denver, Devante Adams may follow Rodgers there. Melvin Gordon, Noah Fant, Jerry Juedy, Adams plus the Broncos ancillary WRs would give KC all they could handle.

Deshaun Watson is likely on a new team. Maybe Russel Wilson too.

I don’t really see any of these qb needy teams as sb ready , other than maybe indy if they can face the fact that wentz aint getting them there and move on

And if Rodgers couldn’t get green bay to the sb with some of their teams snce 2011, he aint taking any of these rumored teams there.

Yes, it is, however, both teams were completely stacked and missing only a qb to push the team to the next level. I am not sure if it is more of an indication how good the two QB's are, or if it shows how important the team as a whole is, and that even a great qb can't succeed without a great team behind them.

The Bucs superteam myth remains so incredibly stupid. Compare the payroll and draft capital spent in trades used to build the non QB positions between both rosters.

That's still selling them short. Brady still had to routinely make difficult throws in that Tampa offense despite the receiving talent, and Stafford still had to lead multiple game winning drives since LA's defense is leaky and their running game (just like Tampa's) isn't that great.

If anything, it just shows how important the QB position is.

The Bucs superteam myth remains so incredibly stupid. Compare the payroll and draft capital spent in trades used to build the non QB positions between both rosters.
Not to mention, tampa went 7-9.

and Jameis Winston this year in the Saints showed that he's capable of being a productive, winning starter. So Tampa going 7-9 with him shows that the team wasn't some unbeatable juggernaut "that just needed ANY QB". They still had flaws that Brady covered up (like penalties, for instance).

The Red sox (yes,sorry) has a different trend - first year managers winning it all: Francona, Ferrell, Cora

Not to mention, tampa went 7-9.

and Jameis Winston this year in the Saints showed that he's capable of being a productive, winning starter. So Tampa going 7-9 with him shows that the team wasn't some unbeatable juggernaut "that just needed ANY QB". They still had flaws that Brady covered up (like penalties, for instance).
But they did not only get Brady. Gronk, AB, etc.

I can't help but notice that the last two Super Bowls were won by two QBs playing in their first year with a new organization.

In both cases, Tom Brady and Matt Stafford, are two veterans of the league but it's still impressive considering the QB has to...
1.) Learn a new playbook
2.) Adapt to new OC and Head Coach
3.) Adapt to new receivers

It's rather impressive that both were able to accomplish this.

Does Aaron Rodgers leave Green Bay and make it three years in a row? I hope not.
What team would he join that would be better than GB?

Actually, it's an indication that even a stacked team needs a good QB to win it all. There's only a handful of teams that have won it all with an average QB (Dilfer, Flacco, Eli, Foles).

So what you are saying is Brady didn’t win this year so he must suck right?

You guys have your heads so far up his ass that even when people say good things about him you turn it into a slight?

You guys have your heads so far up his ass that even when people say good things about him you turn it into a slight?
Or we just disagree that Tampa was a stacked team when Brady joined.

When Brady joined TB I feel like the narrative was more ‘oh I guess the market wasn’t as hot for Brady as we all thought’ instead of ‘ oh this makes a lot of sense’z

Brady did help reshape that team bringing in Gronk, Ab, and Fournette. That is the advantage of being Brady (people want to play with you). But yes I agree they were sound defensively.

If Rodgers wasn't a bucket of neuroses he'd realize that Green Bay is as good a situation as exists in the NFL now.

But since he is, there's a 50/50 chance he runs himself out of town because some other org might suck up to him even more than the Packers, which is saying a lot.

What team would he join that would be better than GB?

ATM probably nothing really but he’s a crazy person who values everyone around him being a supplicant. Which is fine in sports if you win. The man doesn’t win though.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back