PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 51 - Illegitimate*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGrogan

Rookie
Reaction score
They should make the Lombardi smaller since anyone winning the Super Bowl other than the Pats in 2016-2017 will have done so in a handicapped league.

I have never been one of those boasting about the Patriots. But something changed last night. By hamstringing the Patriots due to hate and frustration the Patriots effectively broke the league.

(Really, it was broken when the NFL put them through that BS PR leak nightmare 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl.)

Either way, the discussion of the greatest franchise of all time stops here. To win so much that the other league owners go full Randolph and Mortimer Duke on you to try and hamstring your team - makes you the greatest, without dispute.

I think it's funny, the first legitimate NFL super bowl is likely 10+ years away. When the effect of losing a first round draft pick finally dissipates.

Last edited:
They should make the Lombardi smaller since anyone winning the Super Bowl in 2016-2017 will have done so in a handicapped league.

I have never been one of those boasting about the Patriots. But something changed last night. By hamstringing the Patriots due to hate and frustration the Patriots effectively broke the league.

(Really, it was broken when the NFL put them through that BS PR leak nightmare 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl.)

Either way, the discussion of the greatest franchise of all time stops here. To win so much that the other league owners go full Randolph and Mortimer Duke on you to try and hamstring your team - makes you the greatest, without dispute.

I think it's funny, the first legitimate NFL super bowl is likely 10+ years away. When the effect of losing a first round draft pick finally dissipates.

Ummm...don't want to do that. Because everyone will say Super Bowl 49 is even more illigitimate then.

giphy.gif

Ummm...don't want to do that. Because everyone will say Super Bowl 49 is even more illigitimate then.

lol how so?

The Patriots had unbelievably difficulty during the Super Bowl 49 runup, they were handicapped then and they won anyway.

They had to do it while getting slapped in the face. And still did it.

Question: Why do you think it will take the Patriots a decade to get over losing a first round pick?

Question: Why do you think it will take the Patriots a decade to get over losing a first round pick?

I don't, I think they'll be fine. But they're still handicapped. If they drafted a franchise player in the first round, it could be a difference maker for a decade.

Anything the patriots win from this point in the next 10 years, was while handicapped.

It is more of an accomplishment for the Pats, than if any other team wins. And that's just facts and logic.

lol how so?

The Patriots had unbelievably difficulty during the Super Bowl 49 runup, they were handicapped then and they won anyway.

They had to do it while getting slapped in the face. And still did it.

Because the penalty that is being inflicted upon us now was due to the league's conclusion that we didn't play games in that season completely by the rules.

Because the penalty that is being inflicted upon us now was due to the league's conclusion that we didn't play games in that season completely by the rules.

And it was fabricated. So what's that worth?

The first round draft pick loss actually happened.

I don't, I think they'll be fine. But they're still handicapped. If they drafted a franchise player in the first round, it could be a difference maker for a decade.

Anything the patriots win from this point in the next 10 years, was while handicapped.

It is more of an accomplishment for the Pats, than if any other team wins. And that's just facts and logic.

I don't know your definition a franchise player at pick 29. Is Jamie Collins a guy like that? Gronkowski? Maybe a Jimmy G? Malcolm Butler? All second or later.

It's about picking the right player in the thinned down later rounds. It can be done, has been done and possibly with Lombardi on the staff last years solid picks will be better picks this year.

I'm guessing vancan means Vancouver Canada...find a Clues-R-Us store and buy a pallet

But there is no guarantee that the Pats would have drafted a difference maker in the first round. There's also no guarantee that they won't draft a difference maker in rounds two and beyond. This is a weak draft, though. If ever there was a year to lose a first, it's this one.

I don't know your definition a franchise player at pick 29. Is Jamie Collins a guy like that? Gronkowski? Maybe a Jimmy G? Malcolm Butler? All second or later.

It's about picking the right player in the thinned down later rounds. It can be done, has been done and possibly with Lombardi on the staff last years solid picks will be better picks this year.

Sure, I actually agree with you. But they were still docked a major investment in the team due to phony allegations and a CBA that allowed them to be fabricated. Which means the league is tainted.

But there is no guarantee that the Pats would have drafted a difference maker in the first round. There's also no guarantee that they won't draft a difference maker in rounds two and beyond. This is a weak draft, though. If ever there was a year to lose a first, it's this one.

You're probably right. But none of that matters. Because we'll never know.

Lol, posing as a pats fan is funny.

How do you know it was "fabricated"? The reality is that we can never know because Tom wrecked his phone. And when he wrecked his phone he sealed his fate and not only does the league rule against him because of it, but his action ensures that we can't even reasonably argue his innocence either because he destroyed evidence.

You're probably right. But none of that matters. Because we'll never know.

I'm sure if there was someone Belichick thought was a can't miss prospect, he would have executed a trade back into the first. He was watching the draft and decided it wasn't worthwhile. It's really no different than a first rounder busting. It sets you back maybe a season or two, but rarely does it set you back a decade. Do you think Easley will set us back 10 years?

You can pretend. The rest of us here know.

The funny thing, is that there isn't an objective person anywhere who looks at those numbers and thinks the patriots cheated. Which was bolstered by science experiments around the country from 10 year olds to MIT professors.

How do you know it was "fabricated"? The reality is that we can never know because Tom wrecked his phone. And when he wrecked his phone he sealed his fate and not only does the league rule against him because of it, but his action ensures that we can't even reasonably argue his innocence either because he destroyed evidence.

Shoo, there's nothing even to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back