PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 31 Replay On NFL Network Today (Thurs) At 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

demerit

On the Roster
Reaction score
Not the desired outcome but the Pats were definitely hanging with the best team in the league that game. Without the Desmond Howard return and the Bledsoe interceptions, I think we win that one. That defense was playing extremely well in the playoffs that year.

Bledsoe and the rest of that mid-decade team... even the Pete Carroll years...

giphy.gif

were a welcome relief from the wasteland of the early 1990's. o_O

Drew Bledsoe was the Peyton Manning of SB31.

Just looked up Bledsoe's post season stats and didn;t realize how ugly there were....
4-3 record ( i in relief when Brady got hurt in AFLCG 2001) 129/252 1335 yards 6 TD, 12 ints and a rating of54.9.. And yes 4 interceptions in SB 31.. Won't win many games...

Just looked up Bledsoe's post season stats and didn;t realize how ugly there were....
4-3 record ( i in relief when Brady got hurt in AFLCG 2001) 129/252 1335 yards 6 TD, 12 ints and a rating of54.9.. And yes 4 interceptions in SB 31.. Won't win many games...

Bledsoe just wasn't wired to win in the playoffs

Last edited:

didnt help that max lane was a turnstile for reggie white

This was the first Super Bowl I remember watching. I was heart broken. :(

This was the first Super Bowl I remember watching. I was heart broken. :(
First time I cried over a football game. Before that I was too young for it to be that important and not yet old enough to understand it's not THAT important.

First time I cried over a football game. Before that I was too young for it to be that important and not yet old enough to understand it's not THAT important.
I was 22 for this game. It was the first game I puked out of stress for.

Crazy how good our first 3 sb opponents were, all juggernauts.

This one really couldve been different without the kr td. Momentum + being down multiple scores as opposed to one.

True but I blame the coaches for not giving him help....

He had help in the first half, but then they wanted to force it to Coates, so they left him out to dry. Bledsoe was a deer in headlights most of that 2nd half, it was painful to watch.

The only solace I got of this game was seeing the great Reggie White win a super bowl.

That was a good Packers team. No shame in losing to them. As that game showed, you could play them tough (rookie Bruschi was great that day), but have a few lapses and you're dead (Otis and Lawyer giving free releases to their receivers, isolating Lane on White).

IMO, this was a bonus SB appearance anyway. Jax did the dirty work in knocking off Denver, saving the Pats an AFCCG trip there. Elway owned the Pats and I think would have throttled them as he did each time they met during the Bledsoe years.

Regards,
Chris

Parcells thru that game. I will never forgive him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes