Steelers "surprised" and "caught off guard" by NE offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
What the f*ckity f*ck?? Wow, they really are idiots over there.

“The first drive hit us by surprise,” Dupree said. “They came out firing and they caught us off guard. We were checking and they were checking at the same time. Hats off to that team. They had a great preparation.”

Dupree said the Steelers had prepared for the Patriots to operate out of the no huddle, but they were taken aback by the frequency with which Brady ran it.

“We didn’t really anticipate it like that,” Dupree said. “It was more in their approach to the no huddle, the checks they made right away. It was a great job by Tom Brady.”

Burns said the Steelers were not expecting Patriots receiver Chris Hogan to be the main offensive weapon for Brady.

“We knew he was one of the guys who could stretch you,” Burns said. “That’s why we played a lot of zone, to keep the top on the coverage. He was able to slip behind it. That’s why he had the game he had by slipping behind our deep coverage to make plays.”

Steelers 'surprised' and 'caught off guard' by Patriots offense

On to Atlanta people.

The Pats DO take teams by surprise because of the precision and speed with which the offense is run, as well as the actual speed of the receivers and RBs. Anyone ever notice that the teams which traditionally give us the most trouble are teams we've faced often? Jest? Ravens (esp. 2009-2012)? Broncos? They know us well enough to scheme for all that, at least to some degree.

The only two exceptions are the Dolts and Steelers. Both teams have this seeming inability to prepare for what they know is coming. I'm not saying Tomlin should be fired for what happened, but the Rooneys should be pulling him in for a "WTF was that??" conference.

I wonder how many rules have been changed because teams can't beat the Patriots. I can think of a couple.

Pretty much anything that came out of that 2005 Competition Committee meeting for starters.

When fans of other teams start *****ing about all the ticky-tack calls, I tell them they can thank Bill Polian for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News