PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanback is now 15...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are the one on heavy medicine. Either that or you misunderstand the use of the word "only"

ONLY they can wear 1-9. Only they AND wide receivers can wear 10-19. Unless you have a mental block that can't put those two together it clearly means that thee aforementioned QBs, kickers, and punters are allowed to wear every one of the numbers between 1 and 19 and that wide receivers can not.

Regarding Hester and #23 this is from April:
Bennett switches to 80, Hester stays 23

Quarterbacks have to be between No. 1 and No. 19. Running backs have to be in the 20s, 30s or 40s.

What part of this sentence do you not understand?

You are the one who isn't understanding. If that post wasn't clear enough for you then sorry, get some help in reading comprehension because that was exactly what I said three times.

Last edited:
You are the one who isn't understanding. If that post wasn't clear enough for you then sorry, get some help in reading comprehension because that was exactly what I said three times.

There is a big difference between "1-9" and "No. 1 and No. 19"

Strawman.jpg
only in your mind...only in your mind :rolleyes:

dude no offence but you do need help with your reading comprehension

Last edited:
Just to make it clear, if a player has a number between 1-9, they are either a quarterback or a kicker.:p

I'm not sure how you are misunderstanding what he is trying to tell you.

You are both essentially saying the same thing - yet arguing about it.

I'm not sure how you are misunderstanding what he is trying to tell you.

You are both essentially saying the same thing - yet arguing about it.

"Between 1-9" means between one to nine, as in no. 1, no. 2, no. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and up to 9, because that is what the dash denotes in this context, e.g., "we won 31-10" as in "we won 31 to 10."

However, as the article clearly states, a quarterback can wear a number between no. 1 and no. 19 (hence Brady has no. 12).

"Between 1-9" means between one to nine, as in no. 1, no. 2, no. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and up to 9, because that is what the dash denotes in this context, e.g., "we won 31-10" as in "we won 31 to 10."

However, as the article clearly states, a quarterback can wear a number between no. 1 and no. 19 (hence Brady has no. 12).

Ha ha.

You are an intelligent guy - i've enjoyed alot of your posts but you have a bizarre blind spot on this issue!

Saying that 'ONLY QB's can war 1-9' does not mean the same as 'QB's can ONLY wear 1-9'.

Efin98 said:
ONLY they can wear 1-9. Only they and wide receivers can wear 10-19.

So.

1-9 = Only QB's
10-19 = Only QB's + WR's

Comprende? :D

Ha ha.

You are an intelligent guy - i've enjoyed alot of your posts but you have a bizarre blind spot on this issue!

Saying that 'ONLY QB's can war 1-9' does not mean the same as 'QB's can ONLY wear 1-9'.

So.

1-9 = Only QB's
10-19 = Only QB's + WR's

Comprende? :D

Very good sir. You got me. Bizarre blind spot it is.

I dont get how you dont understand what he is saying here! how many times does he have to explain it?

:eek: This has to be one of the most "interesting" arguments I've read.

If anything, Patspsycho learned a valuable lesson: never correct or belittle someone when you are the one who is wrong/misunderstanding. It's one of life's great "Did I really just do that?!" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes