PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanback is now 15...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I saw on sunday isahah stanbach is now number 15, were the pats force to change his number because he is playing more WR???

Re: Stanbach is now 15....

Yeah, I noticed that too. Stanback isn't really a QB in the NFL so he should be forced to wear a WR number, which are in the teens and the 80s.

Thank God. Now 15 is a tight number!

Ah crap...I just got finished updating my madden roster and gave Stanback the #9. I was starting to get used to a single digit wr, oh well.

Thank God. Now 15 is a tight number!

I really don't see how 15 could possibly be tight ... not a tight number at all ... now should he nickname himself Tri-Cinco ... it could become tight.;)

Uno-Cinco is tight.

Ah crap...I just got finished updating my madden roster and gave Stanback the #9. I was starting to get used to a single digit wr, oh well.

Madden. :cool:

he changed it because if hes gonna play a lot of WR...#9 isnt eligible. its gotta been in the teens or 80s

Yep, 10-19 is eligible for QB, Reciever, or kicker/punter.

he changed it because if hes gonna play a lot of WR...#9 isnt eligible. its gotta been in the teens or 80s

Huh?

QBs are eligible receivers. So are placekickers and punters.

Maybe they'll change it every week just to mess with the opponents.

Huh?

QBs are eligible receivers. So are placekickers and punters.

Rules are only QBs, punters, and kickers can wear 1-9. Backed up when Reggie Bush tried to get them to allow him to wear #5:

NFL won't change numbering system for Bush - NFL - ESPN

The only exception made happened three years ago, when receivers started running out of numbers in the 80s because some teams retired enough jerseys in the 80s that there were not enough to accommodate teams with seven wide receivers. Receivers were then allowed to wear numbers between 10 and 19 if none were available in the 80s.

Devin Hester wears 23 and he is a full time WR

correction.

What are you correcting? Read the quote below that part, it was stated clearly there. Only punters, kickers, and QBs can wear 1-9. Those three positions plus wide receivers are allowed to wear 10-19.

Maybe they'll change it every week just to mess with the opponents.

:rofl: ... we used to do that in the men's hockey leagues.

What are you correcting? Read the quote below that part, it was stated clearly there. Only punters, kickers, and QBs can wear 1-9. Those three positions plus wide receivers are allowed to wear 10-19.

Are you on heavy medicine or something? QB's can go up to no. 19

The guy wearing #12 is Tom Brady, our quarterback.. in case you didn't know.

Are you on heavy medicine or something? QB's can go up to no. 19

The guy wearing #12 is Tom Brady, our quarterback.. in case you didn't know.

I think you are the one on heavy medicine. Either that or you misunderstand the use of the word "only"

ONLY they can wear 1-9. Only they AND wide receivers can wear 10-19. Unless you have a mental block that can't put those two together it clearly means that thee aforementioned QBs, kickers, and punters are allowed to wear every one of the numbers between 1 and 19 and that wide receivers can not.

Regarding Hester and #23 this is from April:
Bennett switches to 80, Hester stays 23

Hester, meanwhile, will remain No. 23. While the NFL requires wide receivers to wear numbers 10-19 and 80-89, the league ruled that Hester doesn’t have to switch because No. 23 is an eligible number that will allow him to play receiver without reporting to the referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes