PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spygate Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinstonSmith

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone has read Spygate: The Untold Story, which was just recently released. I had not heard of it and just stumbled upon it on Amazon. From reading the four reviews it doesn’t look like it covers any new ground and is most likely a sensationalist pile of crap.

I haven't yet, but I am planning on reading it right after I watch a SB 42/SB 46 double feature with my balls stapled together.

I’m curious if anyone has read Spygate: The Untold Story, which was just recently released. I had not heard of it and just stumbled upon it on Amazon. From reading the four reviews it doesn’t look like it covers any new ground and is most likely a sensationalist pile of crap.

GangGreen already has a thread on it.

Spygate Book - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

I haven't yet, but I am planning on reading it right after I watch a SB 42/SB 46 double feature with my balls stapled together.

I can't express enough how much I love this statement. I am cracking up. I could not have come up with a better response than this. I dare anyone else to try. LOL

Bahahahahaha. Everyone at work just looked at me because I burst out laughing alone at my desk.

Game, set, match after that comment. rarely do 25 words encompass thet thoughts of millions. Just close the thread now. Nothing else to see here.

Last edited:
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

I did a little quick research on this "wonderful" book and here is what found out:

- The book is written by Bryan O'Leary
- The book is "published" by KLR Publishing LLC
- The principle officer of KLR Publishing is Bryan O'Leary
- Bryan O'Leary appears to have no prior professional writing experience whatsoever.

I found this article about the book which clearly shows the book is just another crackpot conspiracy theory book:

-If Bill Belichick innocently "misinterpreted" the video policy (after all teams received a written warning less than a year earlier), why did the "innocent" videographers (including Matt Walsh) lie to sideline security about what they were doing?

- Wasn’t it strange that the NFL decided to minimize the escapade before talking to Walsh, the star witness? Why is Walsh under a gag order now? Why was the evidence destroyed quickly, an act that defies all logic of investigative process?

- Who is Ernie Adams and why is he the most powerful football mind that no one has ever heard of? Belichick brought Adams to Cleveland in 1991 and after a few years, Browns owner Art Modell offered $10,000 to anyone who could tell him what Adams did! Players still to this day chuckle at the shroud of secrecy that surrounds that man.
Belichick claimed that he didn’t use the taped signals during the games in question, his "misunderstanding" loophole. Why then did he tape games of teams he wouldn’t see again that year, including our 2004 AFC Championship Game, which Senator Arlen Spector stated on the Senate floor that Steelers players thought the Patriots knew everything that Pittsburgh was going to do?

- Why does Belichick continue to hire cardboard cutouts for coordinators – young people with no experience or older failures – or hire no coordinators at all? Is it interesting that one such young failure, Josh McDaniels, was caught video cheating soon after he moved to Denver?

-In addition to the above intriguing discussion points, O’Leary’s book goes into some very interesting statistical phenomena which defies explanation. Why does New England always win at home? Yes, they’re good, but five seasons with perfect 8-0 records? A 31-game home winning streak? An unbelievable record of beating the point spread? The book gives some eye-popping data that will make you think, or perhaps re-think.

Spygate: The Untold Story - Behind the Steel Curtain

One thing that I though was funny is talking about the home winning streak. Do they realize that the Pats had a 20 game home win streak end just last year? Do they realize if you win 12-14 games a year, you are likely to amass a long home winning streak?

This book looks to be nothing more than yet another conspiracy theory book where a crackpot author just takes their interpretations of the facts to create a larger conspiracy. If you look at some of the 9/11 truthers publications (see the Small Change movie on the internet) and they make a compelling argument the government was behind 9/11. Unfortunately for them is plenty of of experts can shoot Grande Canyon sized holes in their "proof". I am sure that you can do the same with this book.

I might read a book on Spygate by a legitimate journalist, but not a peissed off fan who is floating conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
This is the Bleacher Reports of sports books. I just glanced at it on Amazon. Who is Bryan O'Leary? There's nothing about him anywhere. I'm guessing it's some disgruntled Jets fan.

Can one of the more eloquent patsfans posters here please write a book on what a load of bullcrap Spygate is.

I did a little quick research on this "wonderful" book and here is what found out:

- The book is written by Bryan O'Leary
- The book is "published" by KLR Publishing LLC
- The principle officer of KLR Publishing is Bryan O'Leary
- Bryan O'Leary appears to have no prior professional writing experience whatsoever.

klrpublishing.com

Pretty much says all you need to know about this book.

Not all Jets fans are morons.

From Gangrene

"If someone could give even one scenario that could prove the Pats were somehow using that film on gamedays, I'd rethink my opinion.

They were using a handheld camcorder with a tape in it that even chief Patriot witness Walsh admitted wasn't handed in until after the game. So it wasn't even an elaborate way to steal signs (Which is not illegal, BTW).

Scouts inc. wrote a piece (I'll try to find it) in which they said the Pats (and other teams that did it) would match the tape of the signals, downs, and defensive alignment to study tendencies. Usually by the film group a few weeks after the game. And if the team was stupid enough not to change their defensive signals the next time they played, well that was gravy. "

:rocker:

klrpublishing.com

Pretty much says all you need to know about this book.

About the president for life at KLR....

President

Kristy La Shanda Roundtree

The President of KLR Publishing.
A graduate of Frostburg State University, Maryland,
with a BS in Computer Science and a Masters Degree in Business Administration.

She is currently writing a book on "How to Study."

Her vision

That KLR Publishing will be known for producing quality books.
and the home for unknown authors.​

Why do I constantly read people say that we don't know what was on the tapes when they showed the tapes Walsh had in their entirety on the NFL network and ESPN? Do they think there was something drastically different on the other tapes? I mean seriously?

Also it's great how Steeler fans continue to ignore their history of steroids, their team doctor getting busted for HGH, and the refs basically rigging Superbowl 40 for them.

A pat fan on twitter read this book and posted some excerpts from it a few weeks ago, this was one of them.

"The author argues that everything Tom Brady has done in his career, to this day, is the result of signal taping."

It's trash, why it's being promoted here is beyond me, even negative publicity is good publicity.

Spygate: The untold uninformed opinion of a bitter, angry, rival fan :bricks:

The thing about Spygate is that there was no cover up. The Patriots admitted doing it. They turned over the tapes. They paid the fines. Belichick did a public me culpa.

And somehow the Patriots soldiered on by destroying every team in their path until the Super Bowl and the aforementioned stapling of the balls. Ouch!

I am not going to read this book. Bryan O'Leary has zero credibility and unless he's got some extraordinary inside sources, any of us could write that book. There are threads on here about Spygate that are longer and better informed than that book.

If Michael Holley, Seth Mnookin author of the great book "Feeding the Monster", (Bio | Seth Mnookin), David Halberstam ("The Education of a Coach"), or Jon Feinstein put a book together about Spygate, I'd be all over it.

Otherwise, its just a guy trying to make money, and Bryan O'Leary ain't getting any of mine.

Game. Set. Match.

Post of the Pre-season. Contender for POTY.

Epic. Who'd have thought that clicking on a spygate thread would prove to be a good decision.

I love the bio (got this from theganggreen.com):

Bryan O'Leary is a first time author and die hard NFL fan.
He has over 20 year's experience in the money management
arena, currently creating commodity trading strategies. Married
with three daughters, O'Leary lives in the Dallas, Texas area.

LOL! Because a commodities trader can get all the inside story of Spygate.

I love the bio (got this from theganggreen.com):

LOL! Because a commodities trader can get all the inside story of Spygate.

Welcome to the era where anyone is an expert on anything (coughs, PFF) - an era where no one has any respect for the craft of whatever profession they are bastardizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots