PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sportspickle.com handicaps Pats-Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbert

On the Roster
Reaction score
This site is hilarious. Written by DJ Gallo who also does some Page 2 work for ESPN.com.

http://www.sportspickle.com/handicapper/index.html

Denver at New England (-6.5)

This is a rematch of the divisional playoff game from last year when the Broncos blew out the Patriots. What was cute about the game’s aftermath was that Patriots fans complained about the outcome almost as much as Seahawks fans did about the outcome of the Super Bowl. But at least Seahawks fans had a reason – there were some questionable calls in the Super Bowl. Whereas the line from Patriots fans was basically: “We totally would have won if we had, like, played really, really well and gotten all the breaks. It’s so not fair. And how come the Broncos did play against us like they did against the Steelers? We got jobbed.†It was Boston fandom, logic, and doucheosity at its finest.
My pick: New England

lol@doucheosity

It's always been my hope that Gallo, the least funny person on the planet and the last entity in all of existence that should have a so-called "comedy" website, would be hit by a meteor. In the head. Twice.

He comes off as more of a Broncos fan than a comedian. Is he saying that we didn't have a legitimate claim at bad officiating, or at least as much of one as Seattle fans?

But then he goes and picks New England for the win, which really threw me for a curve. Sounds like a weird guy.

Richter said:
It's always been my hope that Gallo, the least funny person on the planet and the last entity in all of existence that should have a so-called "comedy" website, would be hit by a meteor. In the head. Twice.
Too late, there can be no more logical explanation for the resulting paragraph he composed.

I thought the Chicago bit was the best one.

Richter said:
the least funny person on the planet and the last entity in all of existence that should have a so-called "comedy" website

I'm pretty sure that honor goes to you. Congrats.

It's tough when people pay you to be funny every week, but you only have once-a-month humor in you. It's a phenomenon called the "humor gap", and afflicts many comics, media people, late night hosts, and ESPN writers. There should be some kind of pill to cure the affliction.

I've read Sportspickle.com for years and like Gallo's stuff there (his ESPN.com stuff is toned down and pales in comparison). He's a NY fan who thought Brady was a flash in the pan back in '01-'02 and was sick of all the Brady praise. He's been taking pot shots at the Pats ever since. He's like your ball-busting Jets fan buddy who ribs you, but you always can just reply "Scoreboard, b1tch!" about the 3 Lombardis. Don't take him seriously.

Regards,
Chris

CheerforTom said:
He comes off as more of a Broncos fan than a comedian. Is he saying that we didn't have a legitimate claim at bad officiating, or at least as much of one as Seattle fans?

But then he goes and picks New England for the win, which really threw me for a curve. Sounds like a weird guy.
We didn't lose the game because of officiating. We lost the game because of our five turnovers.

Quitcher whining! :D

qbert said:
I'm pretty sure that honor goes to you. Congrats.

Wow, that was so incredibly awful and juvenile, I'd guess you'd gotten it off Gallo's website.

PromisedLand said:
We didn't lose the game because of officiating. We lost the game because of our five turnovers.

Quitcher whining! :D

Exactly. Don't blame it on the zebras, we got ourself out of the SB party, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back