PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SPECULATION: Could Patriots deal pick 31 for Lardarius Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricktak

Banned
Reaction score
An NFL draft mystery

Just read this today and I like it. Webb is a fantastic young cornerback and would help the Patriots more than Mike Wallace. A secondary including Webb, McCourty,Arrington, Moore and Dowling looks very good. Webb is certainly worthy of giving up the 31st pick.

Last edited:
Unlike the Steelers, the Ravens can match any deal that isn't a massive overpay. And Belichick isn't going to massively overpay and give up a first round pick. So no chance.

Touted this just after the Super Bowl, Webb would be better than any DB in the draft at #31 so there's no harm in trying to get him, if the Ravens match the contract then nothing's lost and nothing's gained.

I see no harm in making the offer, if they get him it's worth that pick, if it is matched then it is no harm.

Interesting and I would not be opposed but draft picks are like gold to BB...even if he likes to squander them on the Darius Butler / Richie Cunningham / Bethel Prices of the world....

I know Webb had a good season last year but is he really worth it? If so then yes...pull the trigger. I'd rather trade a first for a younger stud CB then trade a first for Wallace when we could get Lloyd to fill Wallace's roll...

As was said earlier in the thread it would take alot of money to make sure you could get him and the Ravens don't match. With that being said if the Pats were going to throw out alot of money for a CB I would rather sign Brandon Carr and keep the first rounder.

Why Not but only if the Pats already plan on using a 1st for a cb! Instead of using the 27 or 31 pick for a cb who may be a good nfl cornerback, trade for one who has already proven he can play and a borderline pro bowl player. Versatile player and is the only player in NCAA Division I history to receive the conference awards of Offensive Player of the Week, Defensive Player of the Week, and Special Teams Player of the Week in a single season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents