PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speciation by source that Bourne won’t be back?

If there’s any other interest driving his value up, stay away. I like Bourne but we’re installing a new system and he’s rehabbing. We need WR’s we can depend on. Parker, Juju and KB is just asking for bad things to happen. Cut bait with all 3 of them. Bite the bullet, eat the cap and give the spots to other bodies. Bourne didnt exactly light it up in a west coast offense previously. His high was 49 for 667. If you can’t get a great deal out of him, peace out homie!

Both parties should cut ties. Bourne would be best on a team that has WR's to take the pressure off him. He was very effective in SF. He had his statistically year in NE, but he's not going to scare any DB's.

I want him back, at the right price.

Sounds like exactly the kind of thing an agent would want out there when he's trying to get a few extra dollars on a new contract. "Look, see, my client is expected to have STRONG INTEREST from other teams! He should get more money than this or else he's gonna test the market!" But who was the source for this? Probably his agent...

I like Bourne, but I don't know why he'd have "strong interest" coming off a bad injury and never really fully breaking out. He's teased potential but only teased. I can't imagine he gets more than a shorter deal with low guarantees elsewhere.

Dude had issues grasping the playbook in years 1 & 2 of his Pats deal.
Now with another new OC, let's not repeat the past.
Season 9 Dwight GIF by The Office
Sean Flanagan Hello GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Agentspeak for “my guy needs a market.” He’s a good 3rd receiver, max.

Kinda surprised he’s getting a high market given the injury. Maybe other teams are catching onto him as a steal.

Get used to it, because next week is when a bunch of local reporters go to the combine and hear from every agent that strong interest is expected.

Dude had issues grasping the playbook in years 1 & 2 of his Pats deal.
Now with another new OC, let's not repeat the past.
Season 9 Dwight GIF by The Office
Sean Flanagan Hello GIF by FoilArmsandHog
Well.. prior to him getting injured he was balling. He was the teams best WR.

Kinda surprised he’s getting a high market given the injury. Maybe other teams are catching onto him as a steal.
KB will be back on a 2yr deal. Watch!

There is no strong interest in a WR that will be 9 months recovering from an ACL, might never be the same, had a lousy attitude, my his own admission, in 2022, and has never broken out. I don't think we should sign Bourne unless it is short money. Fans always want to resign our own players, but this is a rebuild so guys like Bourne are not at the heart of the rebuild. We will have holes this year and next, don't be impatient and make silly player signings.

There is no strong interest in a WR that will be 9 months recovering from an ACL, might never be the same, had a lousy attitude, my his own admission, in 2022, and has never broken out. I don't think we should sign Bourne unless it is short money. Fans always want to resign our own players, but this is a rebuild so guys like Bourne are not at the heart of the rebuild. We will have holes this year and next, don't be impatient and make silly player signings.
Well I think everyone had bad attitude in 2022.. I've said personally he will be back for short money.. I'm thinking 2 yrs at 10 million something like that. To give KB credit he was producing prior to him getting hurt last season. However we need to add big dogs, game changers KB is nice but I want those impact guys.

Isn't Bourne human?

spe·ci·a·tion
noun
BIOLOGY
the formation of new and distinct species in the course of evolution

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back