PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources: Bills claim Shawne Merriman

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticboy04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Greetings,
From ESPN, Miami also planned to put in for him.
Peace,
Celticboy04

Last edited:
Greetings,
From ESPN, Miami also planned to put in for him.
Peace,
Celticboy04

minor nitpick but Miami DID put in a claim for him, there's no planning after 4PM.

Could be great move: god, he's only 26 years old. Miami didn't plan... they either did or they didn't claim him.

Awesome! If he can tap into some Canadian steroids, he may actually become relevant again.

It will be interesting tomorrow when we find out who did put in claims for him and Moss.

merriman and the bills. 2 things i have forgotten are even in the nfl

Glad the Bills got him rather than Miami or NYJ. He may be washed up but we also thought Jason Taylor might be washed up. And he was simply as disruptive as ever playing against the Pats this season. It's like these guys just live to play as spoilers against us!

What was the point of this? Even if they win nine straight games they likely won't make the playoffs and I doubt Merriman will want to re-sign with them.

Back in the 70s the Bills had "The Juice"

and now they have "The Juiced"

Coming from SD I bet that Merriman is going to love sunny Buffalo is mid-December.

They want to show the fans they are spending to the cap ... :rocker:

Lights Out Buffalo; on to Toronto

What was the point of this? Even if they win nine straight games they likely won't make the playoffs and I doubt Merriman will want to re-sign with them.

Because the objective doesn't become 0-16 once you're out of the playoff hunt? It's still an NFL team full of paid professionals.

Because they need all the help they can get, so what do they have to loose?

I though buffalo was cheap, must still be Merriman's rookie contract.

Coming from SD I bet that Merriman is going to love sunny Buffalo is mid-December.

Just for kicks, check out what city in America is the sunniest in the northeast and midwest.

You'd be surprised.

He WILL have to get used to the cold, of course. It's freezing. But sunniness is not a problem here.

I used to drive in the middle of winter from Buffalo along the lake to Rochester, and the cloud cover starts well after the city limits. It's part of Lake Effect. Clouds don't stall until they reach inland and Buffalo is the only Great Lake city that is on the Easternmost side of a lake.

Just for kicks, check out what city in America is the sunniest in the northeast and midwest.

You'd be surprised.

He WILL have to get used to the cold, of course. It's freezing. But sunniness is not a problem here.

I used to drive in the middle of winter from Buffalo along the lake to Rochester, and the cloud cover starts well after the city limits. It's part of Lake Effect. Clouds don't stall until they reach inland and Buffalo is the only Great Lake city that is on the Easternmost side of a lake.

Hey, I said it is sunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore