PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel: Getting Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all agree that players only get to put on their uniforms if the medical staff clears them for contact. If Gronk was cleared for pro football then I don't see how playing him is rolling the dice. This is not a RG3 knee shredding situation.

If you want to go into BB/staff rolling the dice territory with Gronk then I would not look at those two instances but rather his usage on the field especially the seam routes. Every play that goes there is rolling the dice in my mind.

Yes, and how many times do you hear, "he would have played if this were a playoff game" in a season? 10? 50? 100?

I'm not exactly breaking new ground here. The risk/reward for injuries in the playoffs is unique, so decisions made according to it are not representative of week 2 choices. Even without the conditions (which were obvious from the context of the conversation), it still isn't a good example. Gronk returning is more like Edelman in 2015. In both instances, you had guys who's clocks had run out, so they took a chance on issues that likely would have kept them out of an October contest.

Again, none of this is breaking news, so it's puzzling why Kontra is arguing so strenuously against it.

Yes, and how many times do you hear, "he would have played if this were a playoff game" in a season? 10? 50? 100?

I'm not exactly breaking new ground here. The risk/reward for injuries in the playoffs is unique, so decisions made according to it are not representative of week 2 choices. Even without the conditions (which were obvious from the context of the conversation), it still isn't a good example. Gronk returning is more like Edelman in 2015. In both instances, you had guys who's clocks had run out, so they took a chance on issues that likely would have kept them out of an October contest.

Again, none of this is breaking news, so it's puzzling why Kontra is arguing so strenuously against it.
Because they rolled the dice... which disputes the original claim. Again, they did it with him in ‘16 too which, curiously, none of you are touching.

Because they rolled the dice... which disputes the original claim. Again, they did it with him in ‘16 too which, curiously, none of you are touching.

No one is touching because that is a good example. Why would I argue against something I agree with?

Your first sentence runs into the very problem I explain in the post you quoted. If you aren't going to at least acknowledge that "rolling the dice" in the playoffs =/ doing so in week 2, then I have no further use for this discussion.

No one is touching because that is a good example. Why would I argue against something I disagree with?

Your first sentence runs into the very problem I explain in the post you quoted. If you aren't going to at least acknowledge that "rolling the dice" in the playoffs =/ doing so in week 2, then I have no further use for this discussion.
Because it’s a useless qualifier for multiple reasons. The first is that the statement originally in question was that he “doesn’t roll the dice.” As in not at all. I provided two with the same player off the top of my head. The second being that it caused him to miss time going into the next season. If that’s not rolling the dice on a player’s health, then I don’t know what is.

Fascinating.

Let's hope they didn't rush him back too soon. Hoping for a great game. He could make the difference!

Michel could make the difference either way. Hope he has a good grip
on the ball.

Boy howdy, Shiny sure was worth the wait wasn't she?

He wasn't exactly curtis martin in his debut, i saw nothing about him that j white couldn't do.

He wasn't exactly curtis martin in his debut, i saw nothing about him that j white couldn't do.

This was not the team to see anyone of offense show future greatness. They are the best defense we may see this season.
Having said that, he looked good, not great.

Well, he broke a couple of tackles, for one thing. I thought he was fine, considering he's a rookie.

James White's a 5th year pro

1st NFL game. No preseason. Coming off injury. Tough defense. **** o line

I'm not going to criticize.
Martin was pretty spectacular in his first game, you could see there was something special there. After the game parcells said 'don't put him in canton yet" i didn't see that in michel, but i'm probably being to HARSH in my assesment because of reading how great he was suppose to be on here.

Martin was pretty spectacular in his first game, you could see there was something special there. After the game parcells said 'don't put him in canton yet" i didn't see that in michel, but i'm probably being to HARSH in my assesment because of reading how great he was suppose to be on here.
Curtis was GREAT vs CLE in 95.

I'm giving Sony some more time.

I'd take a second James White and I think 31 other NFL franchises would take a single James White. That said, Michel runs with a lot more power and they clearly trust him as a receiver as well. Looked good in pass pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents