Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
His salary numbers on the NFLPA site now include the years 2012 and 2013. His
2006 contract was widely reported to be a six-year deal. Last year NOLA.Com said in their salary cap breakdown
New Orleans Saints' 2009 salary cap breakdown | Jeff Duncan on Saints - NOLA.com
that Brees was signed through the 2011 season. I know that he restructured his contract last September converting some salary into a signing bonus.But I doubt that they extended the contract then.

I am hoping that a member of the media reads this and then is able to confirm/deny it.

Miguel- If I remember correctly, teams can not do more than onerestructuring to a contract in a given year. In other words, if they moved money forward through guarantees, they'd have to wait a full calendar year if they were to change it again by adding additional years.

I believe this is what happened to the Seymour contract a few years ago..

Could you confirm this?

I can't see a Drew Brees extension going under the radar. If he extended his contract, he would be the highest paid QB in the league right now. I don't know how that would be snuck in without the media knowing about it. Besides, the Saints would want to make a huge announcement that their franchise QB has been extended since it will help with merchandise sales, advertising, and ticket sales (although I think all their home games are sold out). It's gotta be an error by the NFLPA. If a player the status of Drew Brees gets a contract extension, it is the lead story on Sportscenter and the team wants it no other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back