PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder Family Solidarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The message from @Deus Irae quoted below about Nate's young son deserves its own thread, I think.

I cannot conceive what it would be like to have my little one going into repeat cancer treatment. And how could one do a job that's as demanding and (sorry, but, in the end, that's what it is) meaningless as preparing to play football at the same time?

My warmest thoughts are with Hudson and his family.

Best wishes to the boy, for a successful treatment. That's what matters.

I had a bad feeling this was the case when he missed practices on a non injury basis. My thoughts are with him and his lovely family, and especially with his son.

When Solder wasn't performing and seemed unfocused early on I feared it had to do with his son. Hearing that Hudson is back on chemo explained a lot. As a cancer survivor, I know what it's like to go through it as an adult, but I cannot fathom what parents and their sick child endure, especially one so young. My thoughts and prayers are with Nate, his family and Hudson. I feel guilty for every "dam it Solder" I've uttered during earlier games.

As I'm sure all parents agree, I cannot even imagine how much turmoil I'd be in if my child was ill to this degree, doubt I would even be able to put on my pants, or even feed myself. I'm giving Solder a pass for the rest of the year.

Having kids that need important medical attention makes you appreciate health care workers even more. I've seen nurses, doctors, all types of professionals deal with children and I love them for it.

I hope little Solder is getting the best possible care from these special people.

Off topic, does anyone remember the Mike Francesca/ Mad Dog incident? They grilled Cory Lidle about flying his plane while Yankees fans were upset about getting their asses kicked by the Tigers in the playoffs. Two days later.....he died in the plane accident.

I feel bad for calling him an awful player now. Geez...

Off topic, does anyone remember the Mike Francesca/ Mad Dog incident? They grilled Cory Lidle about flying his plane while Yankees fans were upset about getting their asses kicked by the Tigers in the playoffs. Two days later.....he died in the plane accident.

I feel bad for calling him an awful player now. Geez...

A lot of people who were criticizing his play (and everyone else) should take that energy and put it towards praying for and supporting him, his son and his family.

633957384.0.jpg

Also by donating to the Jimmy Fund here for those fighting various forms of cancer, and to research how to find a cure. They've worked with them before so I'm sure they would appreciate it.

The Jimmy Fund - Mobile Gift Form - JimmyFund.org - Jimmy Fund Mobile Donation Forms

When Solder wasn't performing and seemed unfocused early on I feared it had to do with his son. Hearing that Hudson is back on chemo explained a lot. As a cancer survivor, I know what it's like to go through it as an adult, but I cannot fathom what parents and their sick child endure, especially one so young. My thoughts and prayers are with Nate, his family and Hudson. I feel guilty for every "dam it Solder" I've uttered during earlier games.

Yup, nothing worse than the news "Your cancer has returned." I know.
Now amplify by infinity when it is your young child.
Best wishes, hopes & prayers to the Solder family.

Thoughts and prayers to the Solder family. You never want anyone to go through this, let alone a kid. Stay strong little boy. Entire Pats nation is praying for you.

During games my wife likes to google / wiki the players who come up (i.e., see hun, that's BB's son there on the left, etc.)

The details of the Solder family's story had us both in tears - particularly a photo (which my wife found but I cannot now) of their 2 kids snuggled together in a crib. Really heartwarming and wonderful, but also it hurts to know how much their little boy has to go through just to get the "normal" experience of growing up. Their little guy has essentially been on chemo his whole life thus far.

Solder is a stand up guy and I very much admire him and his family for their words and deeds. It cannot be even remotely easy for them.

He's founding his strength on the field bit by bit.
Hopefully it is connected with his son's battle..

My prayers go out to the Soldier family.

Nine years ago, we were told incorrectly by a desk administrator that our 2 year old son tests came back positive, but she did not know that the test was for leukemia.
He had receive multiple tests, and she gave us the incorrect result. The fear that
my wife and I felt in that 45 minutes before we got the correct result, is something I would not wish on anyone.

A couple weeks ago, I got disturbing news about my wife's battle with cancer, and I was angry at the world, and I made a regretful post about Soldier based on his performance. After reading this about his son, I feel terrible.

I pray that their son wins his battle and makes a full recovery.

It is a testament to Solder's character, that during the entire time he was going through this and getting tons of criticism, he never used it as an excuse. Not only that, he did his best to hide from the media what he was going through. Good football player, better man.

Cancer is a *****...

Cancer in children is a ***** times infinity....

God Bless this child..

Went through a bout of cancer with my wife last year, one of the most emotional and draining experience we ever had, fortunately she fared well.. but hearing about this child and what he has and will go through is very upsetting.. did not realize until last year how complicated this disease is and how much of a toll it takes on people you love as well as yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back