PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Soak It In: A Moment for Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget the dark times. I remember when my wife and I were first married, and the Pats were the laughingstock of the NFL...it wasn't that long ago we picked Bledsoe #1 overall... and my wife laughed at me, saying "why do you watch these a55holes?"

Actually that's just what my wife said about Bledsoe whom she soured on faster than Belichick

Or maybe when it is only Kraft? How long has he had the team? 18 years maybe? Lets say 20.

6 SBs
8 AFCCGs
3 HCs
2 QBS

Playoffs what 13 times?

Think of the 20 years prior for the Pats, roughly 1972-1992. How many coaches/qbs? SBs? Playoff years?

Few teams have as astute an owner.

This sums it up. Us long time fans were known as long time suffering Pats Fans prior to the late 1990's. I've been a fan since 1975, so 2001 until now has been heaven. I remember being happy when we drafted Brady in 2000, but I never knew how much happiness Brady and BB would bring me. Sports is cyclical, and eventually the Pats will suck again (look at the 49ers, 14 years of greatness (5 SB wins), 10 years of sucking, and now they are back again), I will still root for them like a fanatic, but we may never see greatness like this again for a while. Though I have a feeling, Kraft will not allow the team to sink from greatness to terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes